League General Discussion Thread

• See what Dave says - hopefully he moved them off-line but I’m not holding my breath.

Yeah I’m just saying it’s possible to recreate them from the posted text. You don’t have to edit everything, you can make the purchases and moves and then edit to the dice results.

Not as tedious as entering in all past game results to the ELO spreadsheet back to 2011. But tedious enough you’d only want to do it for the best games.

• @gamerman01

Do we have statistics for 2023 - percentage of wins by axis, and the same for allies

OOB
    BM
    PTV

and overall?

thanks

• @MrRoboto is the designer and computer guy who could easily do that but he’s been away several weeks

He needs to show me some things about his system in case he’s gone.

• @Amon-Sul

overall
    123 Axis : 101 Allies
    OOB
    34 X : 19 L
    BM
    60 : 59
    PTV
    29 : 23

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Dear all,

with great regret I inform you that Trulpen has lost his biggest battle and is no longer with us – much too young at the age of 47.

For those who do not know him – he was a very strong (and sometimes controversial) A&A player. In 2022, before he stopped playing A&A for health reasons, he reached the Playoff Finals of both BM and PtV. He also was a strong Chess player and Chess blogger.

Me personally, I remember Trulpen as a strong and very helpful player. He was my first ever opponent on this forum. Of course he killed me, LOL :-) He actually played everyone that wanted, up to 11 games in parallel, not caring about losing PPGs even if winning. Had he avoided playing against Tier 2 and 3 players, his table ranking would have been higher. But he didn’t.

Trulpen was always ready to help and gladly answered any question you might have on A&A strategies and tactics; and he commented on your games against him.

Trulpen.jpg

• @Martin

I played against Trulpen a lot.

He was a gentleman of the game, and a very good player and positive person.

Had he had cancer? Is this him in the Blue shirt? Have U known him in person?

I Will pray for him today.

God rest his soul.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@Amon-Sul I agree with you. Yes, he is the one with the blue shirt. I did not know him in real life, but we communicated outside the game threads and by SMS.

• @Martin

Very sad news. Thank you for sharing.

• so sad!! i had many fun games with him, he’s going to be missed a lot… when i came back from my long break, i was wondering where he had gone, figured he’d be back eventually. i did know a little about his battle with cancer, it was something he had mentioned once while we were in a match. i believe @Pejon_88 was pretty close to him, not sure if irl or just online. anyone have any links to his chess blogs?

• @axis-dominion Agreed. I very much enjoyed my games with @trulpen. Beers tonight in memoriam.

• @axis-dominion you will get some sesrch results when googling for Joakim Pihlstrand-Trulp and chess or schack. Most is in Swedish though

https://schacktrulpen.blogspot.com/?m=1

• @Martin

when U say he was controversial i suppose U mean the edit thing he had. He always did a bunch of edits not just after his turn, but even after the opponent played. He was polite and he asked if he can do it, and those edits were almost always something he forgot, not something he would do after he sees an opponents move, but still some people were probably annoyed by that.

I think it was because he was so unpatient, and played so fast , and so many games at a time.

2nd half removed -
    Gamerman01

• Rest in peace Trulpen! It is always a joy to have players who will compete with anyone at any time. His love of the game is unmatched.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

I only played a couple of games against Trulpen, and he easily beat me in both. He happily offered good feedback on my play when asked, as well as encouragement. I was impressed by the number of games (of varying rulesets) he could play - rapidly - at the same time, and play them well. A sad loss.

It is very sad to hear that trulpen has left us. I played him only twice, but the first game against him really changed the way I play this game forever. I contemplated for months how to counter his strategies. My fist game as allies against him was a complete loss, and I never learned so much again in a single game. He tought me the 111 BB retreat opening with extensive carrier builds on both boards afterwards. He beat me with a three Japanese AC build in 36 that enabled his planes to crush me. He had a way of playing G40 that was unique. tribute to trulpen, one of the greatest in this forum!
    May he rest in peace.

• @Martin thanks for sharing. Very sad to hear.

• 2023 '22

Thanks for sharing these incredibly sad news… I didn’t know until now that he actually passed. I can add that Joakim suffered from terminal colorectal cancer he was diagnosed with probably around 2020 or a bit earlier. I hadn’t reached out to him for a few months now but I will add that he most likely stayed positive and brave until the end. As always…

I got to know Joakim about 8 years ago when I was searching for guys to play OOB 1940 with since I had no one to play with at the time. I ended up meeting about 5 other playing a game, most of whom were very new to the game. One of these guys were a very social, positive and curios individual called Joakim. He showed an interest of the game and not before long he and I started playing 15h sessions of the game ourselves. We even got to start inventing new rules for tech and whatnot. Many of you can probably relate.

After about a year he mentioned this forum where you could play games against people wherever. I was very hesitant at first but eventually tried it out. The rest is history as they say.

In addition to all the kind words from the community l also want to add my personal view of Joakim. He was a very intelligent man, one of you mentioned his chess playing, but he also had an unfinished PhD he decided not to pursue at the time. He was always curios and very competitive. He loved working out and specifically running which was something he excelled in.

Joakim leaves behind two daughters of whom both I’ve met while playing in his apartment many years ago.

I wish everyone the best, wherever you are on planet Earth, on this very sad day.

Warm regards Peter

• @Pejon_88 Well said! Trulpen and I played. Fun and relaxed. Just the way I like it. This was when i was spitting into the wind with no or low bid for oob. Before AndrewAAgamer came along with a 60 bid and gave me renewed hope.

• FYI:

The developer(s) of TripleA decided to call version 2.6.14752 ‘stable’.
    So this is the version you get when you move to
    https://triplea-game.org/download/

Also please note
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1699993

• @Panther said in League General Discussion Thread:

FYI:

The developer(s) of TripleA decided to call version 2.6.14748 ‘stable’.
    So this is the version you get when you move to
    https://triplea-game.org/download/

Also please note
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1699993

What does the New version brings?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m