League General Discussion Thread

• '19 '17

@simon33:

In the second case I’m sure the sub would also prevent the unloading with no scramble needed.

Yes.

• I am not a Computer or a Computer programs buff, but i was wondering if it is possible to add a refined Feature in the stats?

-Is it possibil to not only show how many Units each Nation have at the Moment but also how many Land vs Navy Units only?
    -Is it possibil to show how many units are on the European side vs The one on the Pac. side?

Thank you in advance for answers.

• '19 '17 '16

I think the first one should be achievable but the second would require each territory/sz to know what side of the map they are on.

The first one would also need another panel or more columns in the existing one. I don’t think they’ve excluded facilities yet BTW - that’s why UK_Pacific has 3 units, 60TUV after losing Malaya and Kwangtung.

• In the statistic Window there is underneath the one for techs.
    Is it possible to change that into an Popup one if you want to look at it and put there the new colum instead??

• '19 '17 '16

Of course. The challenge will be convincing someone to do the work for free. Almost anything is possible. It is just a matter of finding a way that is easy enough and unlikely to have adverse consequences.

• '17

I’m not a very good player (easy prey), but I’d like to join the “league,” where or who do I ask for that?

• '17

I’d like to join the league games…I’m not that good. Anyone looking for a game?

• @Ichabod:

I’m not a very good player (easy prey), but I’d like to join the “league,” where or who do I ask for that?

Just play someone else, in the league section.  Please read the league rules in the stickied thread also

• Can i put some of my bid in china?

• '19 '17

@dawgoneit:

Can i put some of my bid in china?

Yes, why not?

• @dawgoneit:

Can i put some of my bid in china?

can we bid air units for China?

can we bid anything except infantry?

• '19 '17

You can bid inf, art and figs, that’s it.

• @Adam514:

You can bid inf, art and figs, that’s it.

so no aa gun?

• '19 '17

Nope.

• '17

Just curious, do league games have to be played only by forum? Even if legal, my time currently doesn’t permit this game. But I do prefer triplea live just like I prefer face-to-face over triplea live.

If a game is started in a forum thread, but then is loaded in triplea live, the game could be played live for several rounds; saved and then re-posted back into the forum simply by a manual post through the application of triplea play-by-forum.

Some people do better in triplea by forum where they can study the game for awhile before making their moves. Triplea live, you’re not really afforded the same opportunity to plan out stuff as much.

• Yeah there’s no requirement to play by forum.  We even count face to face games on the actual game board

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Had a calculator question in a league game.

In a recent combat where I was defending, my opponent and I came up with completely different calculator results. In his calculator, he (the attacker) had 87% odds. In mine, he had 35%. Its not a big deal, but I’m curious what explains this. When I go through it myself, I think the 35% is more accurate, and I’m curious if I am right on that too.

You can see it on page 7 here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=42164.90 We both posted screen shots of our calculators on the battle.

• '17

Hi farmboy,

I have the same version tripleA as you do (1.9.0.0.9687), and my built-in calc also gave the the attacker 35% chance of victory.

If Giallo has an earlier version (1.9.0.0.xxxx), I believe the calculator may have distorted the odds when using bombardment.

Even if 100% of American bombard rolls hit, the odds of Allied victory would still be significantly below 62%.

You can test this by removing the 3 American ships and 3 of the Axis infantry (Note: I say below 62%, because testing this way doesn’t allow the hypothetical bombard casualties to fire in round 1 and because it’s a suboptimal OOL).

Hope this helps  :-)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Thanks Wheatbeer. That does help. I figured it was calculator error but wanted to make sure it wasn’t my calculator that was messing up.

@wheatbeer:

Hi farmboy,

I have the same version tripleA as you do (1.9.0.0.9687), and my built-in calc also gave the the attacker 35% chance of victory.

If Giallo has an earlier version (1.9.0.0.xxxx), I believe the calculator may have distorted the odds when using bombardment.

Even if 100% of American bombard rolls hit, the odds of Allied victory would still be significantly below 62%.

You can test this by removing the 3 American ships and 3 of the Axis infantry (Note: I say below 62%, because testing this way doesn’t allow the hypothetical bombard casualties to fire in round 1 and because it’s a suboptimal OOL).

Hope this helps  :-)

• well damn, I managed to slip past jdow now in the rankings  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m