WAR ROOM - New Larry Harris Game

• Counters instead of minis?  LH has lost his GD mind!

Chits are for grognard NERDS!  Come on, man… Real war games have minis! This is like, going back in time?

This game is going to be a total bomb.  There can be no question about it.

• Sponsor

My YouTube video on “The War Room” first impressions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlU2ciGDLU

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Hi all, I lurk a lot but haven’t posted much outside of the Revised Boards and in the comments sections on a few Youtube Channels.

I’m hyped for War Room, and I was even more hyped when I looked at my email this morning and learned that I would potentially get to see a demo of the game at a con I’m going to later this month (WBC in Seven Springs, PA).

I was super hyped to get to meet the legend himself…  Until I look at my calendar…
    I’m going on 7/21-7/23 for the A&A tournament but the Nightingale Crew isn’t going to be there until the 27th.  Kind of weird that the creator of A&A has to miss a tournament for his own game, but he probably had scheduling issues.

Anyway, back to lurking/riding the hype train.  Just thought I’d share this bit of almost-news with you all.

• Sponsor

I’m betting on this right now… A group gathering playing a game of the WAR ROOM will be known as a “Pizza Party” (I said it here first).

• @Young:

I’m betting on this right now… A group gathering playing a game of the WAR ROOM will be known as a “Pizza Party” (I said it here first).

It would definitely be called a pizza party if the game board depicted a southern polar view rather than a northern polar view, as can be seen from the topmost and bottommost maps in the Wikipedia article titled “Territorial claims in Antarctica”.

• Sponsor

@CWO:

@Young:

It would definitely be called a pizza party if the game board depicted a southern polar view rather than a northern polar view, as can be seen from the topmost and bottommost maps in the Wikipedia article titled “Territorial claims in Antarctica”.

WOW!… I think you just managed to mention both flat earth and pizza gate on a board game forum AWESOME!!!

• '17 '16

Well who in their right mind would believe the Earth is round?  That’s just silly.

• Especially with thise fake moon landings……

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

• I kinda get this game. Its really different, but relies on a return to the MB unit mix plus artillery.

Concepts make sense and i like that AA and Artillery are finally in the same unit

• Sponsor

Larry Harris and Thomas Gale will be at Young Grasshopper’s G40 Axis & Allies tournament in Oshawa Ontario Canada September 23, 24th… they will host a demonstration of their new game “The WAR ROOM” which will be streamed live on my YouTube channel.

More news and announcements to come, in the meantime… myself and the Cliffside team are very tiered right now… time to rest.

• Thanks Hoffman and look forward to hearing any more news, YG.

• TripleA '12

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but the website now has a basic gameplay turn sequence on it with more photos. It’s cool to see how much units cost; not in terms of money but in terms of resources, namely Oil, Steel and Other Strategic Resources (OSR). Looks like you bid Oil to see who goes first, then players move their units simultaneously… Battles ensue and you can choose either an Offensive or Defensive posturing for your units. Air battles are resolved first, then land battles. Looks like units can be retreated or withdrawn for Repair - except for attacking (or Offensive) Infantry. There’s loads to look at on there and I am personally stoked!!  :lol:

• Thanks for sharing Lozmoid. Sounds very interesting. I look forward to hearing more from YG after the tournament.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Larry Harris and Thomas Gale will be at Young Grasshopper’s G40 Axis & Allies tournament in Oshawa Ontario Canada September 23, 24th… they will host a demonstration of their new game “The WAR ROOM” which will be streamed live on my YouTube channel.

More news and announcements to come, in the meantime… myself and the Cliffside team are very tiered right now… time to rest.

You are in the big time now YG. Nice work.

• Yeah check out the images on the Nightingale Games site!  Man this game looks cool - do I see rail lines?  What the deal with those dice?  WOW!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Having played this game with Larry in his Basement in April, I will say, I am very excited for it’s final release.

Is it different than A&A?  yes.

Could the epic map be converted into an A&A game?  YES:) and It’s a big “movement” from the typical maps and distances we are used to, which is a cool thing.

One of the best components of the game.  The fact that all moves are done in the blind.  It’s kind of like that scenario everyone’s talked about for years, where you setup 3 rooms, 3 boards,  and only the referee’s can see what both forces are up to.

If you can imagine an actual war room, with the “wooden blocks”  that’s the ultimate goal of what this game plans to be.

• Sounds good. Hope it’s all of that.

• They just sent out a rulebook draft in the newsletter today.

• TripleA '12

@calvinhobbesliker:

They just sent out a rulebook draft in the newsletter today.

Awesome. Is it okay for someone to post the rules here please? I cannot access them from work, gets blocked… (I know, I should be working but what the hell lol)

Thank you very much :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m