League General Discussion Thread

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

He survived day 1 and played day2 yesterday in the main event. Did he survive arathorn or gamerman?

He got knocked out late last night, day 2.

He had 2nd best hand on a bunch of important pots. He played all day with one of the guys from last year’s final table, and it just didn’t break his way.

We had fun watching him though! Negraneu got smoked out early this year.

Better luck next year! Perhaps JDOW will join us? ;)

• '15 '14

No, I have quit poker years ago. Also, I was a cash-game player and not a Tournament player.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

dice roller is down?

• '17

I had to reload to get the dice roller working again.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I need a rule reminder. When Japan is not at war with the UK, can the China fighter land in Burma? I checked the rules and thought it was ambiguous (but maybe that is just because I really want to land it there :) )

• '19 '17

Yes it can.

Just want to double check this. Even when Japan and UK are NOT at war, the China fighter can land in Burma.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Yes it can.

thanks to both of you and sorry for asking twice. I thought there was a chance that I wasn’t clear the first time.

• '19 '17 '16

Both the UK and China are at war so the rules about the powers not at war don’t apply. UK doesn’t have a rule that says it’s only at war on each map individually. So that’s why.

• Japan-China relationship causes confusion too.

Japan considers it an act of war for the UK to meddle with Japan’s “activities” in China (UK can’t fly over or move anything into China when UK is not at war with Japan)

but vice-versa (China moving to Burma) is OK

Thanks for the explanations. I’m fairly sure its a move I’ve made in past games but as I was going to do it this time, it occurred to me that this might be something that triple A allows but which is actually illegal since normally the DOW rules would prevent movement into countries not yet at war.

Had a couple of strategy questions for the UK first round in BM. I hope I’m not putting this in the wrong thread but I wasn’t sure if I should be putting BM questions in the global thread. But the absence of the bid (which I often used at least partially in the UK) changes the situation a bit and I’ve had trouble deciding on what to do now that I have shifted to mostly playing BM.

Q1 Assuming the typical attack on the UK fleet (all air in range and all but 1 or 2 subs hits the navy around UK and 1 or 2 subs hits the destroyer off of Canada and optimally divided between the two sea zones) what are the game conditions that would motivate the allies to scramble 110 or both. I’ve read on this site that  its worth it to get the trade of UK air for German air. I see the logic of that but it still seems a risky move that reduces the options for the UK after. I would be interested in hearing from people who might sometimes do that why they do so and the game effects of that choice.

Q2 I’ve noticed that the most common UK options in BM in the first turn are to hit the main Italian fleet off of Taranto, set up off Egypt or set up off Gibraltar. When I first started playing last year I read in some of the discussion threads on global that Taranto was considered to often be the optimal UK move. In BM mode, it seems to me that the UK is a bit more vulnerable to sealion if you go for it since the allies lack the bid placement. This means Taranto is more risky, at least if there is no J1 DOW since it pulls away the air. . Anyway, I’m just interested in what informs the choice that people make here and what conditions at the beginning of UK1 make one choice more optimal than another.

• '19 '17 '16

If UK keeps one plane in the UK/Scotland, it can still do Taranto. Even if every air unit leaves London so long as the UK mobilises 6inf 1ftr, Sea Lion still would be sub optimal. So the risk is not that high IMO.

BTW, I think the feedback thread for BM would probably be better.

Ok. Will move it over. And thanks for the response.

• we cant get a game to save.
    it says that our game exceeds the maximum allowed length.
    any ideas?

• '19 '17

You could edit the current placement of units in a new game. Maximum allowed number of turns was exceeded?

• @dawgoneit:

we cant get a game to save.
    any ideas?

Before you post the Turn Summary, unmark/ uncheck the " Show dice/battle Details".

This often works too.

• @dawgoneit:

we cant get a game to save.
    any ideas?

let me guess, triple allied move?

just do what aev says.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Sorry for any delay in my games, I am a dad now :wink:. May need some extra time!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m