Post League Game Results Here

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Gamerman01:

That one won’t count until you both have 10 games played

BSD is kind of new around here so thought I should point this out

Ok, so he needs more against other players to make them court, correct?

• Yeah, and you too, though we all know that won’t be an issue  :-)  :-)

Once the 2nd one of you hits 9 games completed, I count it because it would make the 10th.  You won’t have to report it again, I’ve noted it (this is more for BSD’s benefit - I realize you probably know how this works Karl)

And if you don’t want a guy to attack a key stronghold early in the game and get lucky and succeed, you might want to look at lower than 35% - just my thought  :-)

@Gamerman01:

And if you don’t want a guy to attack a key stronghold early in the game and get lucky and succeed, you might want to look at lower than 35% - just my thought  :-)

tell me about it!  :roll:

• Hindsight is 20/20, right?

@Gamerman01:

Hindsight is 20/20, right?

I guess, but you’d think that 65% of holding a territory is pretty good. Plus if his attack failed, as it should’ve, the Italian fleet would’ve been destroyed etc.  So it was a risky strike that he claimed was to prepare the zone for a german airblitz w/1ftr 2 bombers to clear the zone.  But I could restack no to mention build out of the mic I put there UK1.

He basically was going all in on taking Egypt, willing to sacrifice the Italian navy, Luftwaffe etc, which is fine.  Maybe he could have done it, maybe not, but it SHOULD have been costly.  But in any event, he managed to just walk in on a lucky roll, throwing the UK into total disarray.

It’s like BSD came to lay siege to my strong fort, but one of my guys left the side door swinging open and he walked in and stabbed all my guys in the back….  :-P

• '17

• @Karl7:

BSD over Karl7 Allies.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41465.45

This is insane, BSD three times now has trounced me soundly because of the dice.  I am aghast but also amazed.  He WALKED into Egypt w/Italy round 1 on a total dice flop. He had 35% chance and got it easily.  This basically was the end of the game.  I played on for fun and the outside chance I dice may flip back. They didn’t.

Yeah, I it was a strafe by Italy to set up a German air strafe, followed by an Italian take on Karl’s round one Egypt factory.  None of the strafe were needed because Italy got lucky on the open.

• Aha!  So it wasn’t even a defense against a single attack.  Oh, Karl, your Egypt was doooomed  :lol:

• '19 '17 '16

In Karl’s defence, that third attack might not have succeeded. With a force on T-J and some planes in the Red Sea and mobilising troops, I make Egypt a 10% win to the attacker. FWIW.

I would have done a sea lion actually. That way the Egypt factory would have been neutralised and quickly fallen.

@simon33:

In Karl’s defence, that third attack might not have succeeded. With a force on T-J and some planes in the Red Sea and mobilising troops, I make Egypt a 10% win to the attacker. FWIW.

I would have done a sea lion actually. That way the Egypt factory would have been neutralised and quickly fallen.

Exactly.  Sure, the Axis can go all in, but it’s dicey.  They can’t do a full double hit until R3.  They may get, but at massive loss if the dice are fair.

• My point is, Karl presented it like it was a 35% attack and the Italians attacked anyway and wiped him out.

His opponent had to point out that it was actually designed as a hit and run that had follow up attacks planned if conditions were right, and this very relevant detail was omitted  :lol:

Boldfresh isn’t around here any more, but if he was he could tell you horror stories about Italian hit and runs on multiple occasions that ended up being conquests, just like this one.  :-D

• Private Panic over AetV

L17 - G40 BM3 - AetV (Allies) vs PP (Axis)

Great game by the way. Wasn’t sure if i should surrender, but he’s making now 129 Ipc’s on income as G. and turned the map into dark Grey…

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=40612.240;num_replies=250

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Gamerman01:

My point is, Karl presented it like it was a 35% attack and the Italians attacked anyway and wiped him out.

His opponent had to point out that it was actually designed as a hit and run that had follow up attacks planned if conditions were right, and this very relevant detail was omitted  :lol:

Boldfresh isn’t around here any more, but if he was he could tell you horror stories about Italian hit and runs on multiple occasions that ended up being conquests, just like this one.  :-D

To rub salt in Karl’s wound,  I find you can have those battles that appear like a 65/35, but everyone forgets to calculate what I would call the “variable”.  Just add or remove one or two infantry from either side of the battle.  Is it still something like 70/30?  or 60/40?    Or is just shaving one or two units suddenly turning it into 50/50; meaning that a one or two dice deviation could see your force doomed.

• '17

AetV over Csaw_1988.  AetV as Axis

@Gargantua:

@Gamerman01:

My point is, Karl presented it like it was a 35% attack and the Italians attacked anyway and wiped him out.

His opponent had to point out that it was actually designed as a hit and run that had follow up attacks planned if conditions were right, and this very relevant detail was omitted� :lol:

Boldfresh isn’t around here any more, but if he was he could tell you horror stories about Italian hit and runs on multiple occasions that ended up being conquests, just like this one.� :-D

To rub salt in Karl’s wound,� I find you can have those battles that appear like a 65/35, but everyone forgets to calculate what I would call the “variable”.� �Just add or remove one or two infantry from either side of the battle.� �Is it still something like 70/30?� or 60/40?� � Or is just shaving one or two units suddenly turning it into 50/50; meaning that a one or two dice deviation could see your force doomed.

True, one or two units can swing it, but that also works the other way.  If BSD didn’t hit any of his bombards, he would have been screwed and his “hit and run” would have backfired.

I don’t think exposing yourself to a 35% battle is unreasonable with the number of units that were involved, like about 8 each side.

The simple fact is that BSD got super lucky beyond all reasonable expectations.  It sucked for me, but that’s the breaks.

On another note, Gamerman, where is Boldfresh?  We  need to get him back.  He was a soldier.

• @csaw_1988:

AetV over Csaw_1988.  AetV as Axis

L17 BM3 G40 Csaw_1988 (L) vs AetV (X)

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=41113.120;num_replies=130

• @Karl7:

On another note, Gamerman, where is Boldfresh?  We  need to get him back.  He was a soldier.

He recently left his Dad’s business and is starting a partnership with some guys - general contracting.  Has 3 little kids now too.  Probably best he stays away from his favorite addictive game

@Gamerman01:

@Karl7:

He recently left his Dad’s business and is starting a partnership with some guys - general contracting.  Has 3 little kids now too.  Probably best he stays away from his favorite addictive game

Family, friendship, and employment are the demons you must slay in order to succeed at A&A!

KILL!

• '17

@Karl7:

Family, friendship, and employment are the demons you must slay in order to succeed at A&A!

Too true  :lol:

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m