• Axisandalliesplayer: Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new job.

• Messi with the winner to pull it out a win in stoppage time for Argentina. Even if everyone were not telling me how great that dude is, it doesn’t take an expert to notice that guy is clutch. Big players make big plays in big games. True in any sport it seems. Fabulous score. It’s been like an hour since the goal and I’m still going “Damn.”

• I had to fix my car (translation I stood around while my friend fixed my car) and didn’t catch any of the Ghana and German game. Which I’m regretting not watching after the game ended in a draw. I didn’t think the Black Stars would win or even draw against Germany, obviously I was wrong. But I’m going to be watching some highlights of the game and read some commentary to figure out how this happened. Now I’m feeling a little more nervous about the Portugal game. US still controls it’s own destiny, beat Portugal and US will advance. But that cushion I was hoping for isn’t really there any more. Ooh boy, are we having fun yet guys?

• If having fun means sitting on the edge of your seat, stress ruling me, finding it hard to eat and drink while your team plays,ignoring anything anyone else in the house says or grunting an answer,  then yes, I am.
    Football will put me in an early grave.

• Well at least Germany didn’t lose. Unfortunately, their not winning makes the US game so much more important to them.

Gonna be an exciting match tomorrow with a win for US meaning advancement. It would be great if it didn’t come down to the Germany match for the US to determine advancement.

I was really hoping for Germany to get it done today and not need a win against the US.

• @wittmann:

Axisandalliesplayer: Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new job.

Thanks, I’m excited about it. It’s a great job, good pay, and great benefits.

@frimmel:

Well at least Germany didn’t lose. Unfortunately, their not winning makes the US game so much more important to them.

Gonna be an exciting match tomorrow with a win for US meaning advancement. It would be great if it didn’t come down to the Germany match for the US to determine advancement.

I was really hoping for Germany to get it done today and not need a win against the US.

Yea, you and me both. Like I wrote earlier, USA is in firm control of it’s own destiny. Win against Portugal and we’re on regardless of what happens against Germany. Lose or draw and we face a tough match against Germany in which both sides will be gunning for the win.

• I will certainly be up and rooting for you. (Maddy has just woken at 555 though.) I may need a matchstick for each eye!

• Customizer

Main reason for so many goals is the ball: every World Cup I remember FIFA introduced a new “super” ball filled with helium that goes 10 feet over the crossbar whenever anyone shoots from more than 5 yards.

They didn’t do that this year, hence more shots on target.

I never get stressed watching since I renounced my support of England in 1980. Still disgusted that Hodgson and Gerrard are staying, mind. No other country rewards losers like England does.

Russia - Belgium was sending me to sleep. Algeria - Korea isn’t worth missing the finale of Fargo for.

Will stay up for the late game, however; like to see Ronaldo in tears when Portugal are KOed.

• Hi Flashman.
    I have guests over, but have seen bits of the game. Is complete arse.
    Next one, I told my wife we can play a game (ooer, I hear you say). What a boring match for an 8pm kick off.
    The 11pm one I will not miss. I want the US to win and want to see Ronaldo and co cry, just like you.

• Thank God! A goal.

• I DVR’d the Ghana/Germany match and watched it this morning and I’m feeling a lot better about the USA’s chances. Ghana is a not a bad team at all. Germany is quite obviously precise and efficient and I certainly see why they are favorites to win but I’m much more confident in the USA’s chances after seeing that game.

Seems everyone is dismissing it as Germany playing badly but I think they were looking past Ghana and taking them lightly and were made to pay the price.

Here’s to Ronaldo crying his eyes out!!!

• @Flashman:

Will stay up for the late game, however; like to see Ronaldo in tears when Portugal are KOed.

@wittmann:

I want the US to win and want to see Ronaldo and co cry, just like you.

@frimmel:

Here’s to Ronaldo crying his eyes out!!!

I think we’re all on the same page, Portugal must go down! And let’s see what Korea/Algeria shows us, but I’m feeling confident that whichever teams get past the group will have a relatively easy game against the group H teams. Hopefully that’s USA and Germany. Belgium’s got the talent but they’re just not playing together and the rest of the group’s decidely ‘meh’

• 28 years since they last scored at the World Cup .
    3-0 up. Bloody hell! I thought this would be a boring game .
    Good on you Algeria.

• @wittmann:

28 years since they last scored at the World Cup .
    3-0 up. Bloody hell! I thought this would be a boring game .
    Good on you Algeria.

They scored against Belgium, but yea . .  . wowza!  :-o

I too did not expect this game to be like this, and I actually thought S. Korea might’ve had a shot in this one. Course this Algeria is not the same Algeria that was seen against Belgium. In that one they played tight and defensive, but now they’re attacking and playing with confidence. Suddenly I’m not as dismissive of group H teams.  :lol:

• Son just tunneld Rais 1:3 S.Kor vs Alg.

• @aequitas:

Actually there is a 24th man on the field! Mr climate.
    Welcoming all our South American teams and fighting against all European Teams.
    :lol:

I just can repeat my self. Germany Vs Ghana game showed that the German players were allready out of breath before the end of 1st half and the Ghana Anthelopes just ran away.

_sidenote:_I think it is even in Germanys intrest, that the US is winning over Portugal today.
    That automaticly qualifies Germany and of course the US. :-P

• Germany is not automatically qualified with a US win. They would still need a draw at least with the US or a loss or draw for Ghana against Portugal.

US wins they get six points and are qualified and eliminate Portugal. Portugal would not be able to match the German 4 points.

Ghana with a win over Portugal and a Germany loss to the US would tie Germany at 1-1-1 with four points and fall back to the tiebreakers which is goal differential isn’t it? They then have to drub Portugal pretty badly or hope the US drubs Germany pretty badly or whatever adds up to the +4 Germany is sitting on right now. So Germany is still on the bubble.

• Yeah frimmel, this is what I said.
    @frimmel:

They then have to drub Portugal pretty badly or hope the US drubs Germany pretty badly or whatever adds up to the +4 Germany is sitting on right now. So Germany is still on the bubble.

They don’t drop Portugal very badly, not Portugal!

But as it is at the very moment, everything is possible!
    Portugal 1 - 0 US…oh oh

Come on US Boys, you can do it!!..GO Dempsey!!

• We HAD it  . . .  WE FREAKING HAD IT!  :x
    :cry:

Up 2-1 and Portugal scores on a header to tie it all up with less than 30 seconds left in the game.  :-o

Great game by US although they seemed to flip a switch once they drew even with Portugal. Beautiful passing and some good runs and cuts seemed to vanish once the game was tied up. Howard had some great saves to keep the game close or US up after that freak Portugal goal five minutes into the game. I still am pissed with that clearance attempt and Portugal was gifted their first goal when the ball dropped right into their laps unopposed and without a defender between the ball and Howard.  :x

Ugh . . .

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@axisandalliesplayer:

We HAD it  . . .  WE FREAKING HAD IT!  :x
    :cry:

Up 2-1 and Portugal scores on a header to tie it all up with less than 30 seconds left in the game.  :-o

Great game by US although they seemed to flip a switch once they drew even with Portugal. Beautiful passing and some good runs and cuts seemed to vanish once the game was tied up. Howard had some great saves to keep the game close or US up after that freak Portugal goal five minutes into the game. I still am pissed with that clearance attempt and Portugal was gifted their first goal when the ball dropped right into their laps unopposed and without a defender between the ball and Howard.  :x

Ugh . . .

Man, US had it and let up at the end. That is too bad, now we have to play well against Germany or go home. It was a good game, but disappointing that they didn’t win. :-(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m