League General Discussion Thread

• '19 '17

@surfer said in League General Discussion Thread:

@max334 Um. I think @Adam514 got it wrong. According to quote “New Zealand was not Japanese-controlled when the destroyer ended its movement there. It can remain there indefinitely, but if it moves away it may not return.”

Thus, the US navy in the Philippines in a PTV does NOT have to leave SZ36 on US1. Now, usually they would want to move and would not be able to come back until the war started, but the G40 rule which applies to PTV states they can remain in a SZ even if surrounding territory becomes Japanese.

To be honest, before I read this I was of the “majority” opinion that the US would need to move.

Correct. If I were writing the rule from scratch I would require ships to move out of sz touching Japanese territories, but it’s a minor detail.

• 2024 2023

Do Allied units in Mongolia or other Russia-controlled but not originally Russian territories negate the National Objective for Great Patriotic War?( The +3 one in PtV)
    I know the game engine stops it but I believe that is due to the script trigger changing them to Russia and think this might be a (PE) exception item but don’t have my laptop handy

• 2024 2023

I believe it is the same for Balanced mod worded thus:

3 PUs if Russia is at war with European Axis, and there are no non-Russian Allied units in any originally Russian territory.

So I believe they would not count against. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks 🤓

• '19 '17

@Stucifer said in League General Discussion Thread:

Do Allied units in Mongolia or other Russia-controlled but not originally Russian territories negate the National Objective for Great Patriotic War?( The +3 one in PtV)
    I know the game engine stops it but I believe that is due to the script trigger changing them to Russia and think this might be a (PE) exception item but don’t have my laptop handy

That NO should only check original Russian territories, so units in Mongolian territories should not affect it, same as BM.

• 2024 2023

@Adam514 thanks! It did count a U.S. bomber in Olgiy in a current PTV game, if I removed that bomber with edit it triggered the NO. as a heads up.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '18

@Stucifer Good question. Wish i had an answer for you but that’s a little above my pay grade

• Hey everyone,
    does anybody else encountered an issue with triple not applying the Siberian NO correctly?
    As I playing Japan in PtV and have a DD in sz 5, the NO still goes to Russia several Rounds?

• @aequitas-et-veritas To cancel Siberian lend-lease NO, there must be an “enemy warship”. So Japan must be at war with Russia for it to cancel.

• @Stucifer

2 PUs if Russia is at war with European Axis, Amur is Russian-controlled, and sz5 has no enemy warships (“Pacific Route”)
    --------------------

So am i got it wrong then?

• @aequitas-et-veritas There’s two conditions and both must be true.
    1- Russia is at war with European Axis, then
    2- SZ5 has no enemy warships.

The first is true in your game, but likely the second is not. For if Japan & USSR are not at war, Japanese warships are not enemy warships. Thus only a German or Italian warship would cancel the NO. You can declare war as Japan and your DD will cancel (you can test this by opening as a Local Game and editing the Politics)

• At the risk of turning people off because of my self-promotion,

You may want to know,

@Adam514 !
    Does a game review with Crockett36 and myself
    On the recently completed BM playoff semi-final game

Go to the stickied thread - “video interviews of league players by Crockett36”

We are amassing quite a collection of fun interviews on the opening post of that thread. Don’t miss out!

• 2024 2023

Fun, watching it while I work. Love @crockett36’s comment about engineers and accountants, my older brother that got me into A&A is an engineer and I am an accountant. Who would have guessed!

• @Stucifer

Boom baby!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@crockett36 @dawgoneit

Question on Technology (1940 Global):

Does anyone know what the message means “removing all Technology tokens after unsuccessful research”?

If you already have gained some tech, you will certainly never lose it. So this message is somewhat confusing. It appears after an unsuccessful research, meaning that the purchased tech rolls did not have a 6.

So I guess the actual question is what a “tech token” is. Maybe it just stands for purchased and yet unrolled tech dice.

Removing tech tokens.jpg

• @Martin said in League General Discussion Thread:

@crockett36 @dawgoneit

Question on Technology (1940 Global):

Does anyone know what the message means “removing all Technology tokens after unsuccessful research”?

If you already have gained some tech, you will certainly never lose it. So this message is somewhat confusing. It appears after an unsuccessful research, meaning that the purchased tech rolls did not have a 6.

So I guess the actual question is what a “tech token” is. Maybe it just stands for purchased and yet unrolled tech dice.

Removing tech tokens.jpg

This wording is a remnant from Anniversary Edition. There you bought Research Tokens that represented the research dies. In Anniversary when rolling for research failed you kept the tokens for the next turn.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@Panther cool - thank you very much for jumping in and clarifying! :-)

• 2024 2023

@Martin I am playing a match with Gamerman using tech, there is an optional rule to use tokens instead of one-shot rolls. TripleA engine allows this in the Game Options. Uncheck the box that states: “Remove All Tech Tokens At End Of Turn”

• Just an update on the dice issues. A few days ago I went into yahoo, made marti a contact and prioritized a few messages from it. Since then I’ve been getting the dice.

@farmboy said in League General Discussion Thread:

Like a lot of people I ran into trouble with my dice email a couple of years ago. I was using gmail and I found that most of the emails weren’t coming through. I switched to yahoo and that worked great until the last few months. I still get all the emails but most come in several days late. Curious if others are dealing with the same thing and if there an email service that is avoiding these issues.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m