Global 1940 & 1943 Expansions Game Reports

• @the-captain :grinning:

• @barnee

Nice! I’m starting to warm up to that map. The original’s still better though.

• @barnee

I am such a big fan of this new map! China finally doesn’t look stupid anymore (in the previous map its shape was super distorted).

Just looking at the map makes me want to play!

• @victoryfirst said in Global 1940 & 1943 Expansions Game Reports:

Just looking at the map makes me want to play!

heh heh well Japan’s up :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Global 1943, No. 4 Game Report: Round Late 1945:

This is the only post in the No. 4 Game Report.

Players:
    Axis: Butch Cassidy
    Allies: The Captain

Germany:
    From game start Early 1943, Germany started to re-organize the combat formations on the Eastern Front.

Reinforcements from Germany and Western Germany were sent in all directions to strengthen the frontline units.

Gradually a build up of Panzer units were re-inforcing the armies on the Eastern Front.

Italy was taken over in Late 1943.

Soviet Union:
    The Soviets were launching massive counter attacks along the entire Eastern Front, pushing back the Germans.

In Early 1944 the Soviets launched a massive offensive that annihilated German Army Group Center.

Strong German Panzer Unit Formations reached the frontline just in time to prevent a total collapse of the Eastern Front.

In Late 1944 the Soviets launched another massive offensive at Kursk - destroying most of German Army Group South.

Battle of Kursk
    IMG_6568.JPG

After the Battle of Kursk:
    IMG_6569.JPG

Again, Germany was able to reinforce the scattered frontline units with Panzer formations.

As US and UK forces landed in Western Europe and Norway, the Soviets were able to halt all German advance on the Eastern Front.

Japan:
    From Early 1943 and onwards, Japan was under extreme pressure from Allied troops.
    US and UK units launched massive attacks against all Japanese strongholds and occupied islands and territories.

In both Asia and the Pacific Japan was unable to halt the Allied advance - and by Late 1944, the last Japanese units on the Pacific islands were annihilated - and in China the last Japanese units were fighting a desperate battle against an overwhelming number of Allied units.

United States:
    In Early 1943 the US Navy launched a series of amphibious assaults in the Pacific, and strengthened their gains in North Africa.

US land forces were increased on a massive scale - and a huge Transport Fleet was ready to carry the combat units to the Battle Zones.

By Early 1945, all islands in the Pacific were under Allied control - and the Imperial Japanese Navy was annihilated in a massive naval battle.

In Early 1944 and Late 1944 US landings in Europe secured the Western Front - and ultimately threatened the Third Reich - bringing an end to further German advance on all fronts.

United Kingdom:
    From Early 1943 UK re-inforcements were transported by Strategic Rail Movement from South Africa to India, stregthening the UK frontline units in Asia in their struggle against the Imperial Japanese Army.

In Late 1943 and Early 1944 German Paratrooper units supported by an amphibious Landing Craft Assault with Infantry and Panzer units were able to cut off the UK supply lines from South Africa to India, by capturing Iraq, Trans-Jordan and Syria.

In Late 1944, Soviet troops captured Iraq, opening the UK supply lines to India again.

In Late 1944 and Early 1945, UK units liberated most of China - encircling the last Japanese combat units in Kweichow - sealing the fate of further Japanese expansion in Asia.

By Late 1945, the last remaining Axis forces were fighting for their lives - ending the War with an Allied Economic Victory.

The Military Situation by Late 1945:

IMG_6577.JPG IMG_6578.JPG IMG_6579.JPG IMG_6580.JPG IMG_6581.JPG IMG_6582.JPG IMG_6583.JPG IMG_6584.JPG IMG_6585.JPG IMG_6586.JPG IMG_6587.JPG
    IMG_6587.JPG IMG_6588.JPG

• @the-captain

Very cool and sad for the Axis!

I promise you that if the Axis wins this game, I’ll get a haircut.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Pictures and Military Situation has been added to the Global 1943 No. 4 Game Report.

Included are pictures from the Battle of Kursk.

• @the-captain

Just looking back at this game report. Why didn’t the Soviets use their Soviet Mass Tank Production on turn 1 to save a few bucks?

• @the-captain said in Global 1940 & 1943 Expansions Game Reports:

Global 1943, No. 3 Game Report: Round Early 1943 (round 1):

This Global 1943 two-player game has just begun today. For the first time we play a Global 1943 game by e-mail.

To make this Game Report more managable, we’ll post a new thread for each round.

Here is a brief situation report:

Players:
    Axis: The Captain
    Allies: Keld Rasmussen

I mean this game (I deleted everything from the post except the first few lines to make things more manageable.

• Maybe Germany did something wrong on turn 1 ?

Not normal for Germany to be this weak.

• @general-6-stars

Probably just The Captain being The Captain.

• @the-captain

With another victory under your belt, I can safely say you are the Axis and Allies 1940 and 1943 House Rules Expansions Grand Champion.

• @victoryfirst

It is true that the cost for Soviet Tank Mass Production should have been 47 IPC for 12 Tank units.

As I recall, we discovered this flaw within 2-3 rounds - and if I remember correctly, USSR were allowed to place units worth 3 IPC in any Soviet controlled territory.

I believe that this mistake could happen since we did not play Face to Face - but played by e-mail.

When we play FTF, we always go through the economy together to minimize mistakes.

Good observation by the way:muscle:

• I went ahead and cleaned up my table, containing the 1943 setup of the House Rule Expansion.

It was just lying there, untouched for months. I found it a bit too overwhelming. The turns took a bit too long and I didn’t want to randomly just do something.

So I cleaned it up and lied down the 1940 setup instead. I am much more familiar with this one.

And now, I am eager for making a full game report of this game, posting per round, and with a lot of pictures.

So I will go ahead and post the situation of the Game Start. Round 1 will follow soon.

• Global 1940 House Rule Expansion, a solo game by VictoryFirst

No. 1 Game Report: Round: Game Start

Brief Overview of Strategy
    Axis:
    Germany will focus a lot on building U-boats. Italy will be supported in the Med with Luftwaffe units. No serious attempt will be made to conquer Egypt.
    Japan will make a swift J2 attack. It will try to conquer China and build a strong navy. With this navy, it will try to conquer some valuable Pacific islands. Then, with a strong economy and a strong land force, India will be threatened.
    Italy will be as annoying as possible, by building paratroopers and LCVs. Lots of infantry will be produced to guard the coastline in the Med.
    Allies
    The UK will do a Taranto Raid, attacking parts of the Italian fleet on the first turn, so that the Italian navy is weakened. It will also build up a large air force to project a lot of power in various areas.
    The USA will focus mostly on Germany. It will build a sizeable fleet in the first few turn in The Pacific, in order to form a force that could threaten Japanese forward positions. But for the rest of the game, it will build a massive destroyer task force in The Atlantic, to counter the German submarines. Also, a large air force will be produced, as well as a mighty transport fleet that will prepare for an invasion of North Africa and Europe.
    ANZAC will build mostly submarines, to take out any Japanese transports and other small ships that are left alone in the South Pacific.

Some pictures from Game Start:
    DSC00010.JPG
    Germany, about to kill France and cause trouble in Europe.

DSC00011.JPG
    Japan, ready to strike in The Pacific Ocean and Asia

DSC00012.JPG
    Here, I store my cut-out markers from the rulebook. I printed these on thick paper so that the markers are easy to pick up and last a long time. I store them on the edge of the board.

DSC00009.JPG
    A full picture of my table. The unit boxes are stored underneath.

• 2024 2023 '22

@victoryfirst

Wouldn’t the 1943 house rules expansion take less time since it takes place later in history if you’re using the same house rules? Shouldn’t each round for both games on average take the same amount of time?

Anyhow, both games look daunting and complicated for someone who hasn’t played either yet.

• Hi @victoryfirst

That looks awesome:+1:

I’m impressed by the detail in the counters that you have cut out.

Great report:muscle:

• This post is deleted!

• Global 1940 House Rule Expansion, a solo game by VictoryFirst

No. 1 Game Report

Round: Early 1940 (Round 1)

Germany:
    Germany purchased five U-boats and upgraded six infantry and two artillery units to Waffen-SS troops. It then attacked various territories. All of mainland France was conquered, including Paris, with the capitulation of France as a result. Yugoslavia also fell. Numerous British naval ships in SZ 106 and 111 were sent to the bottom of the Atlantic. During NCM, Bulgaria and Finland joined the Axis. Three German aircraft landed in Rome for bolstering the defense of Italy, and the rest of the German Luftwaffe landed in Western Germany. AA guns moved west to guard the coastline. Other combat units moved east, in preparation for Operation Barbarossa.
    Germany collected 84 IPCs (-1 lost to blockades)

Soviet Union:
    Soviets purchased one Elite, two infantry, six mines, two tanks, and one Commissar, and saved 7. Combat units moved west to form a defensive line. They concentrated their forces in Belarus and Western Ukraine.
    In the Place Units Phase, the 1st Soviet Army Corps was formed, containing a Commissar and three Tank units. Soviet Union ended with 44 IPCs
    Japan:
    Japan produced three transports and one elite infantry, and saved 5. It started an offensive in China, and conquered several Chinese territories, including Yunnan. In the NCM phase, the Japanese air force was concentrated in Kwangsi. Most of the Japanese fleet moved to SZ 36, in preparation to surprise attack the Colonial Powers in Asia. Japan ended the turn with 53 IPCs.
    United States:
    The US built some naval units, including an Aircraft Carrier, and two fighters. It also demolished the Air and Naval bases in the Philippines, in case of an attack. Four fortifications were built in the Philippines as well. Numerous naval vessels moved during NCM, in particular in the Pacific. Most of the US air force moved to Wake Island. The US collected 52 IPCs.
    China:
    China successfully recaptured Yunnan from the Japanese.
    United Kingdom:
    The British purchased a fighter, some land units, and two air/naval base destructions. It executed the Taranto Raid; it attacked and destroyed parts of the Italian fleet with Naval and Air units. Interestingly, the Germans decided to scramble in one of the battles, to eliminate as many UK forces as possible. The UK also successfully attacked Ethiopia. Air forces landed in Malta, and land units moved into Egypt, some by rail. Sumatra joined the British Empire; an AAA and an infantry unit moved into its territory. Troops in India moved forward to Burma and Shan State. The naval bases in Malaya and Kwangtung were destroyed
    The British collected 61 IPCs, ended with 59 (2 lost to blockades).
    Italy:
    Italy bought two Paratroopers. It attacked Tunis and British naval units that were left over from the attack of SZ 97. It ended with 16 IPCs.
    ANZAC:
    The Australians purchased a sub, moved into Java, and collected 21 IPCs.

IPC Totals:
    Without bonuses:

• Axis: 84
    • Allies: 163

With bonuses:

• Axis: 127
    • Allies: 180

Some pictures of the situation at the end of Early 1940:

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

DSC00018.JPG