• Sponsor

I have added the following to the post 1 rule document in the optional rules section…

The United Kingdom:

The British economy is no longer split between London and Calcutta, instead, the United Kingdom will now collect one income for all territories owned on the map with London as it’s capital. All UK IPCs must be relinquished anytime an enemy power captures London, and the major IC on India is now downgraded from an Industrial Complex to a major factory. Japan will gain 2 IPCs for activating Calcutta, but they will not collect the UK’s IPCs as Calcutta is no longer a capital city. The United Kingdom has only 1 achievable national objective which is “5 IPCs for control of Gibraltar, Egypt, India, and Malaya”, which they may collect even if they’re not at war with Japan. Also, due to the new British Commonwealth nation explained below, The United Kingdom’s starting income is now 38 IPCs.

The British Commonwealth:

All territories with an ANZAC and Canadian roundel on them will now be know as the British Commonwealth. This new nation will replace ANZAC in the game round sequence, and their collective 17 IPCs to start the game will now be spent and placed on any Commonwealth factory that the Commonwealth player wishes. All British baige starting units on Canadian territories must now be replaced with ANZAC gray pieces, and the initial setup has been modified to remove a Commonwealth fighter from New Zealand, and to add a Commonwealth fighter in Ontario.

The British Commonwealth has only 1 achievable national objective which is “5 IPCs for control of all original territories” which may only be collected when at war with both Germany and Japan. The Commonwealth nation does not have a capital, therefore an enemy may not take all Commonwealth IPCs if they capture either Ottawa or Sydney. The Commonwealth may continue to collect an income from their territories remaining on the board even if either Ottawa or Sydney are captured, however, the Commonwealth may not collect an income if both are under enemy control.

New Production Units:

Industrial Complex:
    Produces up to 10 units
    Maximum damage 20
    Unoperational at 10 damage
    Replaces all Major ICs in the initial setup
    May not be purchased

Major Factory:
    Produces up to 5 units
    Maximum damage 10
    Unoperational at 5 damage
    New unit which replaces all Minor ICs in the initial setup
    May not be purchased, or upgraded

Minor Factory:
    Produces up to 3 units
    Maximum damage 6
    Unoperational at 3 damage
    May be purchased at a cost of 12 IPCs
    May be placed on any territory with an IPC value of 2 or greater.
    May be upgraded to a Major factory for 10 IPCs (must be the original owner of the territory)

*All Industrial Complexes, and Major Factories are downgraded to Minor Factories once captured.
    *The Industrial Complex in India is downgraded to a Major Factory to begin the game.
    *The only Production facility upgrade that may be made is from a Minor Factory to a Major factory at a cost of 10 IPCs, and may only be upgraded by the original owner of the territory.

Important: If you wish to play with the above modifications, the War Time Production Card must read “All production units may now produce 1 extra unit each”, the Commonweath Aid strategic objective must now read “All units placed on production facilities anywhere other than London are now 1 IPC cheaper”, and all UK and ANZAC strategic objectives are now replaced with those noted in the optional rule descriptions.

• Sponsor

I have play tested the above modifications with a friend (the UK single economy, and Canada / Anzac Commonwealth without new production units), with the only complaint being the downgraded major IC to a minor in India (new production units will help with those complaints).

Here are a few things I really like about this Commonwealth mechanic…

• With a single UK income, the removal of the Canadian territories will dilute the UK economy a little, but not to much.

• With the Canadian territories having Canadian emblems on them and not British, it’s almost as if the map was made for this idea.

• The alternative British roundel once used to track UK pacific income can now easily be used to track the Commonwealth income.

• With the ANZAC and Canadian incomes as well as production options combined, the Allies have more freedom to buy more significant units on either the Europe side, or the Pacific side.

• Although I’m gonna paint my plastic ICs blue for Industrial Complexes, red for Major Factories, and green for Minor Factories… monopoly hotels and houses could also work well.

• Having colored production units will help players associate the max amount of units allowable for each facility (blue for 10 units on an Industrial Complex, red for 5 units on a Major Factory, and green for 3 units on a Minor Factory).

• Very easy to now play a 7 player game… Germany / Russia / Japan / America / Commonwealth with China / Britain with France / Italy.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I look forward to checking out the Delta Deck. Even though I frequently harp on added rules, NOs, complexity and the like, there is something about a deck, the physicality of it and the feel of a card in your hand, that just totally trumps a big long list of expansion rules written down somewhere. From a gameplay perspective, objective or advantage type rules are the most fun when built into the play, and nice clean deck seems like it would facilitate this better than just some pages in a rulebook, or a chart somewhere. Well done

• Sponsor

I had to remove a lot of the intro to the first post due to the maximum limit of 20,000 characters per post. I also removed the link to the artscow card deck due to some significant changes to 1st edition. If you would still like to own a 1st edition card deck, I can guide you to it, but I’m now encouraging members to wait until the 2nd edition card deck. For those who have a first edition card deck, please adjust your use of them in line with the latest modifications.

Cheers,

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I swooped on a 1st ed deck last night just to check it out and support the concept of expansion decks. Will grab the second edition when it comes together, to see how it works with the latest production schemes and canzac  :-D

Looking forward to it

• With the Canadian territories having Canadian emblems on them and not British, it’s almost as if the map was made for this idea.

Totally agree. Someone up there wanted this to happen!

• YG, you ever get a chance to try your new commonwealth rules in your game past weekend?

• Sponsor

@SS:

YG, you ever get a chance to try your new commonwealth rules in your game past weekend?

Yes we did, it worked out very well however, even though the UK player had a bigger stack of cash, there was a lot of complaining about only being able to build 3 units on India. Since then I have implemented KNP’s idea of a new mid level production unit which has solved the problem. Here is a link to the same rules as a stand alone rule set for 2nd edition outside of Delta…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=34111.0

• Not trying to go off topic, but in tigermans 39 game you can build up to 6 units ( minor factory) but the first 3 pieces you buy have to be infrantry. Makes sense to make India’s factory a major. I am going to try this new commonwealth in 39 game. But will be posting in global war from now on or house rules under new topic.

• Sponsor

@SS:

Not trying to go off topic, but in tigermans 39 game you can build up to 6 units ( minor factory) but the first 3 pieces you buy have to be infrantry. Makes sense to make India’s factory a major. I am going to try this new commonwealth in 39 game. But will be posting in global war from now on or house rules under new topic.

Can you tell me who exactly were the people responsible for creating GW39?

• HBG. Historical Board Gaming.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@SS:

HBG. Historical Board Gaming.

Is Tigerman a HBG guy? I have never been able to tell, but I thought the only actual HBG people here were Coach and Variable. I ask because it has seemed like 1939 is Tigerman’s brainchild, but HBG makes, markets and sells it.

• Yes I believe its tigerman’s game but sold on HBG.

• Customizer

Tigerman contributes a lot to HBG, particularly their games. He had a lot to do with Global 1939. I think he also helped to develop the Midway and Okinawa games. In fact, I think he was almost exclusively involved in the Midway game.
    I believe he also helped develop the Barbarossa game.
    I don’t know if Tigerman is an “official” part of the HBG team or if he comes up with ideas for these games and hands it over to Coach for manufacture.

• Sponsor

OK, I will ask them as I’m feeling the need to credit one of them on the “G40 Halifax Rules” for coming up with the earliest concepts of a Commonwealth nation. G40 Halifax Rules have become popular and has the potential to really take off, I would like to give proper credit for ideas where credit is due.

@Young:

OK, I will ask them as I’m feeling the need to credit one of them on the “G40 Halifax Rules” for coming up with the earliest concepts of a Commonwealth nation. G40 Halifax Rules have become popular and has the potential to really take off, I would like to give proper credit for ideas where credit is due.

What is this? What we have already been discussing or something different?

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

What is this? What we have already been discussing or something different?

Halifax rules are not Delta… just G40 2nd Edition house Rules

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=34111.msg1311089#msg1311089

@Young:

Okay. So essentially you are going to be combining Halifax and Delta for Delta’s Revision1 ?

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

Okay. So essentially you are going to be combining Halifax and Delta for Delta’s Revision1 ?

Correct, and I wouldn’t waste your time on a Delta rule book yet until we shore up these last adjustments.

@Young:

Correct, and I wouldn’t waste your time on a Delta rule book yet until we shore up these last adjustments.

Understood. I have read up on the Halifax thread and will be monitoring the updates.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m