What happened on your birthday in WW2?

• Funny what different people think and fear.
    I thought by 1944 the Allies had got the better of the Germans in the Air War bombing.
    Will have to read some more in to that.

• Crete was invaded on my birthday! (may 20th)

• Nice Axistiger.
    Was a waste of German resources though.
    Should have tried to take Malta!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Gargantua:

November 26 1939: At 2.30 PM, Red Army stages a false flag border incident to justify the coming invasion of Finland.

November 26 1941: The Japanese Hawaii task force leaves the Kurile Islands, bound for Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

November 26 1942:
    -The movie Casablanca premières at the Hollywood Theater in New York City.
    -A British SOE team, together with Greek Resistance fighters, blows up the Gorgopotamos viaduct in the first major sabotage act in occupied continental Europe.

LOL, some real winners there.  And NO ONE is allowed to call me Gorgopotamous…

You know… in review, I have to say that basically each of these events is a BACKSTAB/SURPRISE move.

What does that say about me? LOL

• @Gargantua:

@Gargantua:

November 26 1939: At 2.30 PM, Red Army stages a false flag border incident to justify the coming invasion of Finland.

November 26 1941: The Japanese Hawaii task force leaves the Kurile Islands, bound for Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

November 26 1942:
    -The movie Casablanca premières at the Hollywood Theater in New York City.
    -A British SOE team, together with Greek Resistance fighters, blows up the Gorgopotamos viaduct in the first major sabotage act in occupied continental Europe.

LOL, some real winners there.�  And NO ONE is allowed to call me Gorgopotamous…

You know… in review, I have to say that basically each of these events is a BACKSTAB/SURPRISE move.

What does that say about me? LOL

I don´t know Aleposita ?? I thought you were canadian and not a Greek??! Hellas
    Maybe it means you are a Bridge bomber ,not a backstabber  8-) 8-) count your fingers ,all there lol…

• August 30th

1940 – The Second Vienna Award re-assigns the territory of Northern Transylvania from Romania to Hungary.
    1942 – World War II: the Battle of Alam Halfa begins.
    1945 – Hong Kong is liberated from Japan by British Armed Forces.
    1945 – The Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Douglas MacArthur lands at Atsugi Air Force Base.

• '17 '16 '15

My ex wife"s b day was on june 22nd

In retrospect it seems quite appropriate

• Sorry to hear that Barney.
    That is probably one of the coolest dates i can think of.
    I think if she had been my wife she would have left because I never shut up about what a great birthday she had: she would have tired of my telling everyone we knew and met and eventually got sick of my obsession with it.

• @wittmann:

Sorry to hear that Barney.
    That is probably one of the coolest dates i can think of.
    I think if she had been my wife she would have left because I never shut up about what a great birthday she had: she would have tired of my telling everyone we knew and met and eventually got sick of my obsession with it.

you could have called her by the nick name Barbarossa!

• '17 '16 '15

not to be confused with barbarella

• 1940 - During WW II, German planes destroy most of Coventry, England
    1941 - British aircraft carrier “Ark Royal” sank in Mediterranean
    1941 - Gov-Gen Wouters of Dutch Antilles refuses Jews refugees
    1942 - Japanese/US sea battle at Savo-Island in Guadalcanal
    1942 - Last Vichy-French troops in Algeria surrender

Nov. 14

• 26th april

1944 – Heinrich Kreipe is captured by Allied commandos in occupied Crete.
    1945 – World War II: Battle of Bautzen – last successful German tank-offensive of the war and last noteworthy victory of the Wehrmacht.

• Thank you for that Kreuzfield.
    Had never heard of that battle. Is nice too see that the Poles and Germans still had good relations by the end of the war! Many atrocities were commited by both sides I see. I alsodid not know that Dresden never fell to the Russians.

• On my mothers birthday in 1940, hitlers giant western offensive started.

On my fathers birthday in 1941, the russians attacked the freezing germans just off moscow.

On my sisters birthday in 1940, british troops started arriving in Greece.

Pretty nice, isn´t it?

(My grandparents have some interesting birthdays as well. My grandfather´s birthday is 4 days before the start of kursk, and my grandmother´s birthday is close to the bombing of dresden.)

• July 20th- Assassination of Hitler by Count Stauffenburg and others failed

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What a FAILURE baggins!  And you weren’t even brave enough to take the ring to Mordor… pfftp.

• '10

This seems really strange to me! Most members of this forum were not even born yet 1939 thru 1945. How could you all have a birthday before being born? LOL

• My fault Fishmoto: I phrased the question wrongly.
    Glad people understood what I meant.
    I love anniversaries of world events, especially battles and seem to remember many of them once read.
    I have been busier, so have not been able to post as many events of late.

• On November 6th 1943, Joseph Stalin said: “The issue of German fascism is lost”.
    From 1941-1943 on my birthday is mostly Soviet events.

• Happy Birthday to all of “Ardennen Offensive” Birthday Kids.

On our Birthday 16.12. ,the Germans started 1944 a last attempt to hold off Western powers in the Ardennes.
    Better known as the Battle of the Bulge.

Have a wonderful, joyful and blessed day today!

Happy Birthday.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m