• Official Q&A

Subs and transports can only be ignored during movement.  You can only ignore subs and/or transports when there are no surface warships in the sea zone with them.  Once you attack a sea zone, which you are required to do if there are any surface warships, you attack all of the enemy units in that sea zone.

This is a battle that the attacker can’t win, since the air units and subs can’t hit each other.  Unless the transport retreats, it will eventually be sunk by the subs.  The fact that the transport can retreat is the only thing that keeps it from being defenseless.

• My fleet consisting of BB, SS, etc is attacked by air only, since they are MY subs why can I not order them to stay on the surface (fodder)?

• Hi guys!  Thx for this great forum  :evil:

I have aquestion concerning Bombing Raids. In the Rules it says:

Phase 2: Purchase units

1.Order units
    2.Pay for units and repairs
    3. Mobilization Zone
    Does this mean if Germany is bombed to -12 by American Bombers he isnt allowed to place any units his turn, even if he pays 12 IPC? Or can he pay 6 IPC and buy e.g 4 Tanks that round.

Because in one game i wasnt able to build any units in germany and was forced to build factories ind Bulgary / Czech , which almost cost me the game …

thx

• 2007 AAR League

@Krieghund:

The maximum damage that an industrial complex can sustain at one time is twice the IPC value of the territory.

So, by virtue of this statement, am I to assume that if UK gets Increased Factory Production that it is still only possible for the Axis to SBR UK down to -16 and not -20?

• Official Q&A

@atarihuana:

Hi guys!  Thx for this great forum  :evil:

Welcome!

@atarihuana:

I have aquestion concerning Bombing Raids. In the Rules it says:

Phase 2: Purchase units

1.Order units
    2.Pay for units and repairs
    3. Mobilization Zone
    Does this mean if Germany is bombed to -12 by American Bombers he isnt allowed to place any units his turn, even if he pays 12 IPC? Or can he pay 6 IPC and buy e.g 4 Tanks that round.

Because in one game i wasnt able to build any units in germany and was forced to build factories ind Bulgary / Czech , which almost cost me the game …

thx

Repairs to industrial complexes take effect immediately, so any production capacity that is repaired may be used on the same turn.  You may repair some, all or none of the damage on any given turn, so you can just repair what you need right away.

• Official Q&A

@U-505:

@Krieghund:

The maximum damage that an industrial complex can sustain at one time is twice the IPC value of the territory.

So, by virtue of this statement, am I to assume that if UK gets Increased Factory Production that it is still only possible for the Axis to SBR UK down to -16 and not -20?

Correct.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Krieghund:

@U-505:

@Krieghund:

Correct.

Which is what makes USA with Improved Factories and ICs in Libya/Algeria so wicked!  You can only do 2 damage, which means if they are unrepaired, America can still put two units into each of them!

However, I wonder, if you have an IC on a territory (for argument’s sake, Solomon Islands) that has 0 Value and you get Improved Factories, can you build 2 units there SBR immune?

• @Cmdr:

However, I wonder, if you have an IC on a territory (for argument’s sake, Solomon Islands) that has 0 Value and you get Improved Factories, can you build 2 units there SBR immune?

I certainly wouldn’t think so - sounds kind of like a caspian sub!!  :-D

• @Cmdr:

@Krieghund:

@U-505:

@Krieghund:

rules say you can only place ICs in territs with IPC value of at least 1

Correct.

Which is what makes USA with Improved Factories and ICs in Libya/Algeria so wicked!  You can only do 2 damage, which means if they are unrepaired, America can still put two units into each of them!

• Official Q&A

@Cmdr:

No, because you can’t build an IC on a territory that has no IPC value.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Hmm, I’m sure it’s in the rules, I just don’t remember seeing it.

Would be logical if you could, it just wouldn’t make sense without having the technology. (Not that I can imagine a lot of spots where it would be useful….)

• @Cmdr:

Hmm, I’m sure it’s in the rules, I just don’t remember seeing it.

Would be logical if you could, it just wouldn’t make sense without having the technology. (Not that I can imagine a lot of spots where it would be useful….)

Sure - if it was allowed - to have an IC that produces 2 units per round and is completely immune from SBR?!  Sign me up!

• if it were allowed, gibraltar could get sneaky :-P :lol:

• Is the Bering sea sz64 adjacent to WCA? It doesn’t appear so.

• Official Q&A

No, it isn’t.

Rules question on Successful Tech Roll:

You can only gain 1 tech per turn, but say you bought 3 rolls and rolled 2 sixes, so you get to roll for your (one) tech.  Is the second 6 lost?  Or will you get to roll for another tech on the following turn with the second 6?

• It is lost Darth. I think the wording in the rule book “of at least one six” somewhat spells this out.

Thanks, kind of what I thought but figured it was worth a shot asking.  :-)

Here’s another question:

What happens when you conquer an IC that has been damaged?

Say Germany bomber Kar for 4 damage.  Russia never repairs and Germany then takes Kar later in the game.  Does Germany get full production immediately?  Or do they need to repair it first?

Also if Ger gets full production immediately, what happens if Russia retakes it, do they automatically get full production (thus bypassing repairing it)?  Or does it revert back to Russian control but still with the previous damage?

• Official Q&A

When you capture or liberate an IC, you get all of the damage markers along with it.  I’m sure the Soviets will appreciate it if Germany captures their factory and repairs it for them!

• I got a question far you Kreighound. What happens to a countries research tokens when their capitol is lost. I assume they keep them as under the section on conquering a capitol it states that a country without a capital cannot conduct research however no where is it clearly spelled out what happens to a countries research tokens in the above situation.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m