• @Cmdr:

Hmm, I’m sure it’s in the rules, I just don’t remember seeing it.

Would be logical if you could, it just wouldn’t make sense without having the technology. (Not that I can imagine a lot of spots where it would be useful….)

Sure - if it was allowed - to have an IC that produces 2 units per round and is completely immune from SBR?!  Sign me up!

• if it were allowed, gibraltar could get sneaky :-P :lol:

• Is the Bering sea sz64 adjacent to WCA? It doesn’t appear so.

• Official Q&A

No, it isn’t.

Rules question on Successful Tech Roll:

You can only gain 1 tech per turn, but say you bought 3 rolls and rolled 2 sixes, so you get to roll for your (one) tech.  Is the second 6 lost?  Or will you get to roll for another tech on the following turn with the second 6?

• It is lost Darth. I think the wording in the rule book “of at least one six” somewhat spells this out.

Thanks, kind of what I thought but figured it was worth a shot asking.  :-)

Here’s another question:

What happens when you conquer an IC that has been damaged?

Say Germany bomber Kar for 4 damage.  Russia never repairs and Germany then takes Kar later in the game.  Does Germany get full production immediately?  Or do they need to repair it first?

Also if Ger gets full production immediately, what happens if Russia retakes it, do they automatically get full production (thus bypassing repairing it)?  Or does it revert back to Russian control but still with the previous damage?

• Official Q&A

When you capture or liberate an IC, you get all of the damage markers along with it.  I’m sure the Soviets will appreciate it if Germany captures their factory and repairs it for them!

• I got a question far you Kreighound. What happens to a countries research tokens when their capitol is lost. I assume they keep them as under the section on conquering a capitol it states that a country without a capital cannot conduct research however no where is it clearly spelled out what happens to a countries research tokens in the above situation.

• @a44bigdog:

… What happens to a countries research tokens when their capitol is lost. …

According to the FAQ they are lost.

• Official Q&A

P@nther is correct.  They are lost, along with any unmobilized units that you may still have in the Mobilization Zone.  This was an omission in the rules that was corrected in the FAQ.

• Query if anyone knows the answer. Is it possible to purchase as many AA guns as you want for a territory(say UK)? If you have say 5 AA guns and get the Rockets technology cold you then launch 5 rocket attacks on Germany? It does say under the _shoot down air units _rule that- “If there is more than one antiaircraft gun in a territory, only one can fire” but is this only for attacking planes, not shooting rockets?

Incubii__

• Official Q&A

@incubii:

Query if anyone knows the answer. Is it possible to purchase as many AA guns as you want for a territory(say UK)? If you have say 5 AA guns and get the Rockets technology cold you then launch 5 rocket attacks on Germany? It does say under the _shoot down air units _rule that- “If there is more than one antiaircraft gun in a territory, only one can fire” but is this only for attacking planes, not shooting rockets?

Incubii

It’s true of rocket attacks as well.  Only one AA per territory may fire per turn.  In addition, a given industrial complex may only be targeted by one AA gun per turn.  You can have as many AA guns in a territory as you like, however any beyond one give you no benefit.

However, if the AA guns belong to different powers and they both have rockets, they can each fire one rocket from the territory on their own turn.__

• Hello all  :-D

I came upon an awkward scenario in my last game:

I played UK and I had taken france and had an IC on it.  I however lost UK from the germans on thier turn… so at this point I surrendered my $$$ to Germany… also I can no longer produce any units according to the rules.  Now on my following turn I could not get my units back to UK so I pushed forward and successfully took Germany.  Now to my understanding he had to surrender all the $$$ he had back to me and could no longer produce units…  So at this point I had $$$ but I was not allowed to produce units even though I had his capital or even an IC in France correct?

Thanks for any responses!

• Official Q&A

You’ve got it.  However, at least you had IPCs to purchase units with on the first turn that you regained your capital, if another country liberated it for you.

• 2007 AAR League

If a fleet consists of Surface ships and subs and the attacking force is all air units, can the subs be taken as casualties?

• @Emperor:

If a fleet consists of Surface ships and subs and the attacking force is all air units, can the subs be taken as casualties?

I can’t find it in the rules, but I’m fairly certain the answer is no, the subs cannot be taken as casualties.  Not to mention the fact that even if they could, the subs cannot hit air units and can submerge before the any units fire, so there would be no reason not to submerge.  However, I would like to ask the question, can attacking aircraft hit subs in combats that started with a destroyer, but in combat rounds when the destroyer is no longer alive?  I see most sub combat rule exceptions apply only when an opposing destroyer is on the battle board, but I cannot find this specifically in the rules, and the presence of this statement being iterated in the rules seems to suggest that, in some cases, subs can take hits from aircraft not accompanied by a destroyer: “Whenever a round of combat starts and a
    submarine is in combat with only aircraft, it can submerge (before aircraft fire).”  However, even if the implication is true, the statement is still a little strange according to my understanding that whenever a round of combat starts and a
    submarine is in combat with any variety of units not accompanied by a destroyer, it can submerge (before the units fire).

• The answer to EM’s question is no and it is clarified in the FAQ.

• Official Q&A

@Stoney229:

However, I would like to ask the question, can attacking aircraft hit subs in combats that started with a destroyer, but in combat rounds when the destroyer is no longer alive?

Destroyers only cancel subs’ abilities (including not being able to be hit by planes) when they are currently in the battle.  If all opposing destroyers are sunk, the subs’ abilities will be restored in the following combat round.

@Stoney229:

I see most sub combat rule exceptions apply only when an opposing destroyer is on the battle board, but I cannot find this specifically in the rules, and the presence of this statement being iterated in the rules seems to suggest that, in some cases, subs can take hits from aircraft not accompanied by a destroyer: “Whenever a round of combat starts and a
    submarine is in combat with only aircraft, it can submerge (before aircraft fire).”  However, even if the implication is true, the statement is still a little strange according to my understanding that whenever a round of combat starts and a
    submarine is in combat with any variety of units not accompanied by a destroyer, it can submerge (before the units fire).

Yes, the statement is confusing.  You’re right, subs can submerge before anything fires unless there’s an opposing destroyer, regardless of what other unit types are attacking.  However, hits from air units may never be applied to subs without a destroyer present.

• If America gets long range aircraft, does this apply to the flying tigers?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m