L24 BM4 Playoff Finals Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+22)

• @Adam514 I assumed in that situation you would prefer to lose the aa but feel free to trade it for an inf. And phew! I was very worried about that combat and whether it would give you a good opportunity on Moscow. It wasn’t likely but possible and the dice went as well for me as I could have reasonably hoped.

• '19 '17

TripleA Move Summary: Japanese round 16

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3

Game History

Round: 16

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy nothing; Remaining resources: 80 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            2 battleships and 2 marines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 2 marines moved from 62 Sea Zone to New South Wales
            15 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers moved from 54 Sea Zone to New South Wales
            1 artillery and 1 marine moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 cruiser, 1 marine and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 marine moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            2 fighters moved from 42 Sea Zone to Queensland

Savegame

• '19 '17

Scramble sz62?

• @Adam514 no scramble. Note I will want to keep some land units alive so OOL won’t quite be max D. But if you get hits with the Battleships, I will lose the AA first and then an inf.

• @Adam514 I thought maybe this was a very costly strafe (to deny me the ability to take back territory by removing all my land units) which is why I was thinking I needed conserve a tank or two, but I just looked at everything else you are doing and I’m realizing this is a hail mary. Still will want to decide on the casualties and may conserve a tank or two but likely will just do max d

• '19 '17

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Japanese round 16

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3

Game History

Round: 16

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy nothing; Remaining resources: 80 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            2 battleships and 2 marines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 2 marines moved from 62 Sea Zone to New South Wales
            15 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers moved from 54 Sea Zone to New South Wales
            1 artillery and 1 marine moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 cruiser, 1 marine and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 marine moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            2 fighters moved from 42 Sea Zone to Queensland

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Queensland
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 fighters and 1 marine
                ANZAC defend with 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 cruiser in Queensland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 fighters and 1 marine in Queensland, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in Queensland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Queensland
                Japanese win, taking Queensland from ANZAC with 1 artillery, 2 fighters and 1 marine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
            Battle in New South Wales
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 15 fighters, 1 infantry, 2 marines and 7 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 2 armour, 1 factory_minor, 3 fighters, 1 harbour, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys; Americans defend with 1 bomber and 25 fighters
                    ANZAC roll AA dice in New South Wales : 0/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships in New South Wales, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 15 fighters, 1 infantry, 2 marines and 7 tactical_bombers in New South Wales, round 2 : 13/26 hits, 13.50 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 1 bomber, 28 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in New South Wales, round 2 : 19/36 hits, 21.50 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese, 14 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 artillery owned by the Japanese and 2 marines owned by the Japanese lost in New South Wales
                    2 armour owned by the ANZAC, 2 fighters owned by the ANZAC, 3 infantry owned by the ANZAC, 1 aaGun owned by the ANZAC, 4 fighters owned by the Americans, 1 bomber owned by the Americans and 2 mech_infantrys owned by the ANZAC lost in New South Wales
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 6 tactical_bombers in New South Wales, round 3 : 4/7 hits, 3.67 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 22 fighters in New South Wales, round 3 : 16/22 hits, 14.67 expected hits
                    6 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese and 1 fighter owned by the Japanese lost in New South Wales
                    1 fighter owned by the ANZAC and 3 fighters owned by the Americans lost in New South Wales
                ANZAC win with 18 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is -96
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery, 15 fighters, 1 infantry, 2 marines and 7 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                Casualties for Americans: 1 bomber and 7 fighters

Non Combat Move - Japanese

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Japanese regular : -0.67
    ANZAC AA : -0.50
    ANZAC regular : -1.50

Savegame

• '19 '17

@farmboy said in L24 BM4 Playoff Finals Adam514 (Axis) vs farmboy (Allies+22):

@Adam514 I thought maybe this was a very costly strafe (to deny me the ability to take back territory by removing all my land units) which is why I was thinking I needed conserve a tank or two, but I just looked at everything else you are doing and I’m realizing this is a hail mary. Still will want to decide on the casualties and may conserve a tank or two but likely will just do max d

I guess I should have pretended to have a follow up so that you kill air before a couple of land units.

Good game and congratulations on winning the 2023 playoffs! Expert Allied play. Took advantage of weak German air and got UK rich. My mistakes were not setting up for the Egypt take 1 turn earlier, and letting my Norway stack die. For the Norway part though, I had failed to take Volgograd the previous turn which meant 2 less units for the defense of the West, so I couldn’t send a couple of planes to Norway. Without those mistakes I think it’s a much closer game.

• Adam514A Adam514 referenced this topic

• @Adam514 good game and thanks for your sportsmanship and generousity as well! There were a couple of key moments where you let me reconsider ncms and placements that might have also been disastrous mistakes (both early on when I set up to retake Egypt and needlessly panicked when I realized I couldn’t land UK air in Caucasus yet and again more recently with the Soviet stack in the middle east). I think I had a few fortuitious battles through the game but that 110 was certainly key. And its not often I get a chance to play allies with that kind of freedom in the mediterranean and off the coast, (especially against you). So although this was a 16 round game the key moment was arguably a scramble decision in round 1. Definitely more to say later

• @farmboy
    awesome - take a moment and enjoy!

@Adam514
    it probably will a short while only until you got another opportunity to celebrate!

• congrats @farmboy , our new champ! and sorry @Adam514, clearly that game did not go as well for you as we all have come to expect! hopefully next year’s tourney will be a really challenging and fun one for all of us.

now we wait for JDOW’s expertly detailed analysis hehe

• A game fitting for the 2023 championship, and no one expected less
    I only popped in here and there but I’ve seen enough to know that I should go through it more carefully to learn Allied tactics much different than my own. And of course I’d learn a lot from the Axis too.

@farmboy is the 3rd player in league history to win 2 championship games, and also the 3rd to repeat back to back years. And the final wins came within 9 months of each other! What a rush.

More congratulations will be posted in the game results thread.
    I’m thrilled you two players participated in the playoffs for 2023 and gave everyone a show!!! Well played, by definition, you can’t go 16 rounds against Adam or farmboy unless you play great.

You both already have your 6 2024 games to qualify in January,

Can anyone stop you (in the playoffs) from a rematch next year?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m