• well if it’s not going to be released for another 5 and half weeks are you going to do more previews of the game? I was thinking maybe 2 more one a week till 3 weeks out by then you should be getting your copy of '42 2nd edition. Don’t ask me what you should do in the previews I think you got it pretty much covered but maybe someone can come up with an idea or two.

• TripleA '12

Lozmoid,
    Just curious. If the release date is 7/27 here in the States, will your stores get it then or will it be a little later for you in the UK?

knp7765, I think we normally get them on the expected release date but it’s been a while and I can’t quite remember. I know that I have had to wait an extra couple of weeks before though, if I recall. I can only hope and pray.

• Thanks Lozmoid. Have almost decided to order both 41 and 42  from the US and receive them in August. Was going to wait a few more weeks and see how things were looking.
    They would charge 60$ delivery on top of the 65/70$ for the games.
    Do you know what your local shop charges for delivery?
    A few years ago would have travelled to Portsmouth to see the Victory again.

• TripleA '12

Do you know what your local shop charges for delivery?

Do you mean the overseas shipping costs? I don’t think he delivers the games to you door; at least I’ve never asked him - I normally just walk in and pick up a copy.

I remember that he charged about £30 for Spring 1942 (which I picked up from his store) and something along the lines of £70 for Pacific 1940 (no way was I gonna pay that! :-o). I imagine he had included the shipping costs in his sale price, mind you.

Ultimately, I think it may be cheaper for us if we either order both games together from the same place in the US, or, we order from somewhere on the European continent…

• That is what I was suggesting. If you look, ordering 2  the costs double from 30 to 60$, but delivery time is more than halved. Just hope the release date of 42 is not delayed, otherwise we are waiting even more.
    As I said earlier cannot remember where I last sourced my A&A games. ( Pacific and Europe 40 soon as they came out.)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@djensen:

I wouldn’t blame Wizards for (a) my confusion about the release date (b) not communicating the release date and © our over-excitement to get the game.

I’m confused about the release date because there were two separate times a release date was listed on the Wizards site, furthermore, there is a column (whose meaning is also confusing) which lists a date of June 19. So I’m confused. However, the latest sales flyer clearly states July 27. The fact of the matter was © we were all being so optimistic and hopeful (including myself) that we all wished that the new flyer was a mistake.

Admittedly, part of my confusion about the release date was from information on this site. But the majority of it does in fact come from Wizards and their suppliers since a number of retailers were showing the 6/19 date as the “expected delivery” date. Some of them seemed to get the date change info while others did not. Changing the '41 release to the same day as the '42-2 release further complicated this since many don’t even know about these games outside of our forum, let alone the release dates…

• TripleA '12

If they are indeed going to be releasing both games on the same date… is that such a good idea? I would have thought it would be better to release 1941 first, then a gap, and then 1942. Gives new players a chance to grasp the basics before going for the next level, so to speak.

• The wording in the 1941 sales-flyer

@1941:

Familiar Mechanics:
    This game utilizes the A&A game mechanics present in A&A 1942 2nd Edition, as designed by Larry Harris (the
    creator of the original game).

indicates that 1941 was not intended to be released before 1942 2nd Edition, as I think.

• I pre-ordered the game at a local hobby store, so I went to the store today to pick up my copy and they said the game does not come out until July. The manager wasn’t in so I didn’t feel like arguing with a stupid employee. Was 1941 released today?

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

If they are indeed going to be releasing both games on the same date… is that such a good idea? I would have thought it would be better to release 1941 first, then a gap, and then 1942. Gives new players a chance to grasp the basics before going for the next level, so to speak.

I agree. To me it seems weird to release two different games on the same day. Yeah, I know they are both A&A, but I think they will still be very different, 42 will be more complex than 41 with more in-depth rules and probably more pieces as well. I would have preferred to have that month break to play with 41 for a while before starting to learn 42.

• CoolStuffInc.com has a release date for both 1941 and 1942-2e as: “Expected release: July 27, 2012. Date subject to change”.
    :cry:

• The crappy thing I found is trollandtoad.com has the release date as July 30th

• Well poop on WOTC for poor public relations…or whatever it’s called.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Yavid:

The crappy thing I found is trollandtoad.com has the release date as July 30th

Now that’s just clearly wrong. :wink:

• TripleA '12

We’re all gonna die.  :-(

Oh well, I’ll keep asking my FLGS on a weekly basis.

• Horribly, horribly!
    Do you have the original 42 Loz? I did not buy it as we got Anniversary as a wedding present, so seemed a  waste of money to buy what looked like an inferior(no Italy) game.
    Can I ask, as long as it is not done, what your name means?

• TripleA '12

Hi Wittman, yes I do have the 1942 1st Edition but only played it a couple of times. You can get it quite cheap now and I would say it’s worth picking up because of the nice scuplts (which I just put into my copy of 50th Anniversary).

Mine is just a nickname I’ve had since I was about 22 or so.

• Thanks. Feel left out as I cannot follow people’s queries on42. Unfortunately, do not get to even play A&A once a month now. Happy to wait and get revised.

• I’ve been informed that the release date for Axis & Allies 1941 is now July 27th.

As per larry Harris.

• Thanks. Have you heard if 42 will also be delayed?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m