• TripleA '12

If they are indeed going to be releasing both games on the same date… is that such a good idea? I would have thought it would be better to release 1941 first, then a gap, and then 1942. Gives new players a chance to grasp the basics before going for the next level, so to speak.

• The wording in the 1941 sales-flyer

@1941:

Familiar Mechanics:
    This game utilizes the A&A game mechanics present in A&A 1942 2nd Edition, as designed by Larry Harris (the
    creator of the original game).

indicates that 1941 was not intended to be released before 1942 2nd Edition, as I think.

• I pre-ordered the game at a local hobby store, so I went to the store today to pick up my copy and they said the game does not come out until July. The manager wasn’t in so I didn’t feel like arguing with a stupid employee. Was 1941 released today?

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

If they are indeed going to be releasing both games on the same date… is that such a good idea? I would have thought it would be better to release 1941 first, then a gap, and then 1942. Gives new players a chance to grasp the basics before going for the next level, so to speak.

I agree. To me it seems weird to release two different games on the same day. Yeah, I know they are both A&A, but I think they will still be very different, 42 will be more complex than 41 with more in-depth rules and probably more pieces as well. I would have preferred to have that month break to play with 41 for a while before starting to learn 42.

• CoolStuffInc.com has a release date for both 1941 and 1942-2e as: “Expected release: July 27, 2012. Date subject to change”.
    :cry:

• The crappy thing I found is trollandtoad.com has the release date as July 30th

• Well poop on WOTC for poor public relations…or whatever it’s called.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Yavid:

The crappy thing I found is trollandtoad.com has the release date as July 30th

Now that’s just clearly wrong. :wink:

• TripleA '12

We’re all gonna die.  :-(

Oh well, I’ll keep asking my FLGS on a weekly basis.

• Horribly, horribly!
    Do you have the original 42 Loz? I did not buy it as we got Anniversary as a wedding present, so seemed a  waste of money to buy what looked like an inferior(no Italy) game.
    Can I ask, as long as it is not done, what your name means?

• TripleA '12

Hi Wittman, yes I do have the 1942 1st Edition but only played it a couple of times. You can get it quite cheap now and I would say it’s worth picking up because of the nice scuplts (which I just put into my copy of 50th Anniversary).

Mine is just a nickname I’ve had since I was about 22 or so.

• Thanks. Feel left out as I cannot follow people’s queries on42. Unfortunately, do not get to even play A&A once a month now. Happy to wait and get revised.

• I’ve been informed that the release date for Axis & Allies 1941 is now July 27th.

As per larry Harris.

• Thanks. Have you heard if 42 will also be delayed?

• Yea im sure that will be delayed as well. I don’t see them releasing 2 games in the same week.

Well actually WOTC is so stupid they probably will.

• So when do we expect an updated version of this for 1941?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=YmBo8q0akGo&feature=endscreen

• LOL!  Good point.

• Considered ordering both together from US and would not get them until the 2nd arrives, which is why I wondered.

• Customizer

A little update. I went to Hobbytown USA today and there was no sign of 1941. They did have a Pacific 1940 and a couple of copies of Spring 1942 there. I also checked out Toys-R-Us and they didn’t have any A&A games at all. The closest they have is RISK and Stratego. I don’t understand why that guy in Omaha found one in his local game store 3 days before the June 19 release date yet no one else has even seen it (except for djensen of course).

On the plus, I did get a copy of the new Fortress America which I’m going to check out tonight. I’ve already looked at it some. The new pieces are interesting, nicer detail and a little more futuristic look to them. Of course, the MB version of Fortress America was put out in the mid 80s so I imagine at that time those pieces looked like something from the future. The bombers look like some sort of upgraded B-2 bombers. The mobile units and hovertanks look pretty cool. The new helicoptors come in 2 pieces you have to snap together.
    The map looks pretty cool, a little flashier than the old map but basically the same. There are still 30 US cities but a couple are different. They did away with Buffalo and Kansas City. In their place they included Las Vegas and Colorado Springs. I think this was done to give the Western and Southern invaders a better chance at capturing another city or two and take at least one away from the Eastern invader. I know in the old game, the Eastern invader had a wealth of cities to conquer while once the Western invader got off of the West Coast, it was slim pickings. Kind of the same with the Southern invader. They have a few cities in Texas + New Orleans, then they have to really stretch up into the upper Mid-West, making it easier for the US player to cut off a bunch of Southern invader forces. Also, in games where the Invaders win, Eastern invader almost always comes out ahead because there are so many more cities within their reach.
    Well, I’m off to play my new game.  Later guys.

• @knp7765:

I don’t understand why that guy in Omaha found one in his local game store 3 days before the June 19 release date yet no one else has even seen it (except for djensen of course).

Guy in Omaha here. I am not sure why it was on the shelf either because previously I saw that the release date was to be the 17th and I saw it on the 15th. I am going down there again tonight so I will check and see if it still there. They had 2 or 3 copies on the shelf.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m