Potential Flashpoint for Internatinal Conflict

• @rjpeters70:

@DarthShizNit:

100 million men? Meh. 100 million mens worth of military hardware and logistics? I would bat my eyelids like a schoolgirl at the quarterback. Also, “The West” gets worst Korea, Nippon, ROC, and possibly Vietnam and India.

China can talk the talk, but she can’t walk the walk just yet. And she can only militarize so much before everyone else reacts against her.

Yeah, PRC has a large number of dudes with rifles.  Yawn.  That’s not the problem.  The problem is their ASM capabilities linked together with their IADs, sub-surface craft, TLAMs, and their ability to stich it all together into a cohesive A2AD conop.

Which is why we develop counter capabilities like PAC-3 point defense systems, land and sea based TMD capabilities, penetrating fighters, overhead and air-breathing ISR capabilities, and world class ASW capabilities.

Now if we can just convert the four Iowa class battleships into floating missile trucks, we’ll really be in good shape.

I think you misjudged, China’s million of conscripts doesn’t frighten me lol. I’m just saying that realistically, even China would bat an eye at losing 100 million men lol.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

All China has to do is SURRENDER thier 100 million men to America, and USA goes bankrupt.

The price of morality is what’s going to kill you.

• No what is easier than that is China divesting in foreign exchange reserves (US treasury bonds).

They can take out Canada by just letting Canada just stay cold. Or doing nothing.

• @Gargantua:

All China has to do is SURRENDER thier 100 million men to America, and USA goes bankrupt.

The price of morality is what’s going to kill you.

*Their

• '12

The US has China right where they want them.  The US owes so much money to the Chinese that China dare not sell any of their US holdings, and in fact, the US has the power to force more loans from China.  China must continue to purchase in order to support their existing holdings.  If China were to announce a sale of US securities then the value would immediately plummet and China could lose 100s of Billions before the first security was sold.

I think its a bit of white collar ingeniousness.  The west has had 100s of years learning how to cook the books and screw the other guy using economic games whereas China is a newbie when it comes to economic shenanigans.  Now if only Canada could learn to spend beyond her means the same way the other industrial veterans spending themselves into continued world supremacy….  Sadly Canada is in the best financial position of the G8 and sadly lacks that kind of power… Always the bridesmaid and never the future X something or other…

True.

Nothing like borrowing a million dollars from a guy overseas that you hate.  Buying a nice new car, some rifles, a boat and a house in the woods with the money, and then telling that loser you’re not paying him back.

• Just don’t get caught!!  :-o :oops: :?

• '12

The US has described new Chinese rules on fishing access to disputed areas of the South China Sea as “provocative and potentially dangerous”.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25666849

This should prove interesting in the next few months……

• Thank you Malachi. Will read and digest better later; am at work at the moment.

• '12

A top US diplomat has called on China to clarify or adjust its territorial claims in the South China Sea in accordance with international law.

US presses Beijing over South China Sea dispute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-26062033

• Thank you again Malachi.
    All makes for scary reading .

• Hi rjpeters. Hope you have been well.
    Thank you for that information. If you feel happier, I feel safer!

@rjpeters70:

Doing ok.  How’s life with you, Leo?

The thing about the PRC is that, they’re so inexperienced, that if they get pushed against wall (i.e., losing a fight that they don’t think they can lose without losing face), what will they do?  No one knows, and that’s the dangerous thing.

They will do what they have always done, and what they have experience with…

Throwing bodies on the fire to keep Communism working.

• I appreciate that.

Fine. Had to replace my roof, which has ripped a huge hole in
    My savings and meant I have had to fiddle around with money, including taking money out of  my business account.
    Glad you have been fine.

• Afternoon Garg.
    I trust you too have been well.

Whilst you have been fixing you roof, the Chinese have been building BOMBS!

• Last week the rain and the Chinese could have penetrated my house.
    Now, neither can.
    I feel safe again, albeit poorer.

Nippon will prevail; I have all faith in the Rising Sun.

• @wittmann:

I appreciate that.

Fine. Had to replace my roof, which has ripped a huge hole in
    My savings and meant I have had to fiddle around with money, including taking money out of  my business account.
    Glad you have been fine.

How is the roof now?

• Morning Worsham.
    Totally repaired, thank you. I had scaffolding up for the two weeks it took to complete the work. At one point I had 3 men working on it.
    I am scared of heights, but I did twice go up the scaffolding and have a look at the old and new roof. I also needed some repair work doing to my chimney and some new lead for one of my five valleys. Very good job has been done.
    My only complaint, or sadness let us say, is that the house has lost some of its look. It is an early Victorian stone property, with a Gothic look and the new slate roof has changed it.
    I could not afford to have the more expensive tiles, unfortunately.
    My next door neighbour (is a semi) has also been around complaining to that effect.
    My wife and I are really happy as it has not stopped raining these past few weeks and we feel safer and better now.
    Thank you for asking Worsham.

Give me your next door neighbours address if he gives you any problems.  And this thread will have some real international “flashpoints” to talk about. ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m