G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

That kills the I2-G3 double dip.  More bad news for the axis.

• Is it intentional that AA does not block Chinese infantry from spawning? AA is a land unit after all.

• '15

Seems to me that an undefended anti-air unit is the perfect target for an insurgent attack.

• '19 '17

It is intentional.

• @regularkid:

Therefore, Germany may not move its units into Italian-controlled Russian territory (for example), unless Germany is at war with Russia.

YES - this is a needed addition
    This is consistent with taking away the gamey money of Russian NO’s for Iraq, 4 territories in Africa, and Mediterranean islands

• @regularkid:

Neglected to mentioned one anticipated tweak in Balance 2.0. In the current version, the Game Notes specify “[W]hen not at war with Russia, Japan may not move its units into any originally Russian territory controlled by European Axis.”

That restriction will be expanded to apply to all Axis powers. Therefore, Germany may not move its units into Italian-controlled Russian territory (for example), unless Germany is at war with Russia.

When does this ever affect Germany and Italy’s combined movement in Russia? Germany is always going to be at war with Russia when Italy is, so does that mean Italy can still can open for Germany?

• Yes Italy can still can open for Germany
    All he means is the turn Italy declares war and moves into Russia, then Germany abstains from attacking the Russians but moves into the Italian territory that was originally Russian, and still collects +5 for trade with Russia
    Along with not being hurt by a Russian sub that may be in 125

• correct.

• Good to know. Thanks

• Hey all. G40 Balanced (Balance Mod 2.0) is now available for download. Thank you to everyone who gave input, suggestions, feedback, etc. I think we have a really great product here. And I look forward to playing many Balanced games with all ya’ll. :D

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37341.msg1535679#msg1535679

• Hey all, the link to Balance Mod 2.0 has changed. Here is the working link. http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37883.0

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I this new?

Revised Victory Conditions: If Germany is Allied control, an Axis victory in the Pacific requires 7 (rather than 6) Pacific VCs. If Japan is Allied control, an Axis victory in Europe requires 9 (rather than 8) Europe VCs.

• '19 '17

Yeah it’s new.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

That’s a good rule.  Very good rule.

Would it be possible to make it so that when the axis control no Chinese territories at the beginning of China’s turn, then chinese can leave china?  Like walk out and attack FIC or Korea etc?

• @variance:

That’s a good rule.  Very good rule.

Would it be possible to make it so that when the axis control no Chinese territories at the beginning of China’s turn, then chinese can leave china?  Like walk out and attack FIC or Korea etc?

might be possible to make this rule work in the XML. Would it be desirable is another issue. As with any proposed changes, three questions must be asked: How would it improve balance? How would it improve gameplay (what dynamic are you trying to promote?) And is there a historical justification for it?

• '14 Customizer

I really like this mod. I’m having a bit of a problem understanding the following rule text

Liberation of France: The Allied liberation of France effectively terminates the Armistice. Any territory and forces still under Vichy French control (including any surviving fleet in sz 93) revert back to Free French control. The Vichy French forces in the Southern France and sz 93 will also revert back if Southern France is liberated by the Free French.

The only Free French after the Armistice will be those in London.  If Free French try to occupy Southern France somehow does it just automatically convert the Vichy French Neutral units to Free French without a battle?

• '19 '17

@cyanight:

I really like this mod. I’m having a bit of a problem understanding the following rule text

Liberation of France: The Allied liberation of France effectively terminates the Armistice. Any territory and forces still under Vichy French control (including any surviving fleet in sz 93) revert back to Free French control. The Vichy French forces in the Southern France and sz 93 will also revert back if Southern France is liberated by the Free French.

The only Free French after the Armistice will be those in London.  If Free French try to occupy Southern France somehow does it just automatically convert the Vichy French Neutral units to Free French without a battle?

Yeah that’s what would happen. Let’s just say that it isn’t a likely scenario  :-).

• '14 Customizer

@Adam514:

@cyanight:

Yeah that’s what would happen. Let’s just say that it isn’t a likely scenario  :-).

Thanks for the fast response Adam!  Its kinda like the kids take over the house and when the parents come home they revert, lol

• '19 '17

@cyanight:

@Adam514:

@cyanight:

The only Free French after the Armistice will be those in London.�  If Free French try to occupy Southern France somehow does it just automatically convert the Vichy French Neutral units to Free French without a battle?

Yeah that’s what would happen. Let’s just say that it isn’t a likely scenario�  :-).

Thanks for the fast response Adam!   Its kinda like the kids take over the house and when the parents come home they revert, lol

Haha precisely!

• not a likely scenario. thats true. but, hey, adam, remember it did happen in one of our games?! that was cool.ha

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m