G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread

• Hey all, the link to Balance Mod 2.0 has changed. Here is the working link. http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37883.0

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I this new?

Revised Victory Conditions: If Germany is Allied control, an Axis victory in the Pacific requires 7 (rather than 6) Pacific VCs. If Japan is Allied control, an Axis victory in Europe requires 9 (rather than 8) Europe VCs.

• '19 '17

Yeah it’s new.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

That’s a good rule.  Very good rule.

Would it be possible to make it so that when the axis control no Chinese territories at the beginning of China’s turn, then chinese can leave china?  Like walk out and attack FIC or Korea etc?

• @variance:

That’s a good rule.  Very good rule.

Would it be possible to make it so that when the axis control no Chinese territories at the beginning of China’s turn, then chinese can leave china?  Like walk out and attack FIC or Korea etc?

might be possible to make this rule work in the XML. Would it be desirable is another issue. As with any proposed changes, three questions must be asked: How would it improve balance? How would it improve gameplay (what dynamic are you trying to promote?) And is there a historical justification for it?

• '14 Customizer

I really like this mod. I’m having a bit of a problem understanding the following rule text

Liberation of France: The Allied liberation of France effectively terminates the Armistice. Any territory and forces still under Vichy French control (including any surviving fleet in sz 93) revert back to Free French control. The Vichy French forces in the Southern France and sz 93 will also revert back if Southern France is liberated by the Free French.

The only Free French after the Armistice will be those in London.  If Free French try to occupy Southern France somehow does it just automatically convert the Vichy French Neutral units to Free French without a battle?

• '19 '17

@cyanight:

I really like this mod. I’m having a bit of a problem understanding the following rule text

Liberation of France: The Allied liberation of France effectively terminates the Armistice. Any territory and forces still under Vichy French control (including any surviving fleet in sz 93) revert back to Free French control. The Vichy French forces in the Southern France and sz 93 will also revert back if Southern France is liberated by the Free French.

The only Free French after the Armistice will be those in London.  If Free French try to occupy Southern France somehow does it just automatically convert the Vichy French Neutral units to Free French without a battle?

Yeah that’s what would happen. Let’s just say that it isn’t a likely scenario  :-).

• '14 Customizer

@Adam514:

@cyanight:

Yeah that’s what would happen. Let’s just say that it isn’t a likely scenario  :-).

Thanks for the fast response Adam!  Its kinda like the kids take over the house and when the parents come home they revert, lol

• '19 '17

@cyanight:

@Adam514:

@cyanight:

The only Free French after the Armistice will be those in London.�  If Free French try to occupy Southern France somehow does it just automatically convert the Vichy French Neutral units to Free French without a battle?

Yeah that’s what would happen. Let’s just say that it isn’t a likely scenario�  :-).

Thanks for the fast response Adam!   Its kinda like the kids take over the house and when the parents come home they revert, lol

Haha precisely!

• not a likely scenario. thats true. but, hey, adam, remember it did happen in one of our games?! that was cool.ha

• china’s getting convoyed

• yes i am aware of that issue. apparently it is a bug that also affects the vanilla map. Have tried to see if theree is a way to fix it for G40 Balanced and haven’t found the source of it. So, for the time being, players’ just gotta be watchful about China getting convoyed, and use edit mode, where appropriate, to add the income back.

• japan is given the option to kamikaze a cruiser bearing a marine for an amphibious assault, but if the kamis are successful, the marine lives on to take the territory (in my case the territory was undefended)

apologies if this is covered in the notes somewhere

thoughts?

• you’re saying that you had a game where the kami was successful against the cruiser, but the unloading marine still lived?

• yup. anzac crs bearing a marine took an undefended iwo jima, where the kamis where successful, the cruiser died, but the marine lived, and took iwo jima.

• thanks for informing me of that issue. the rule, as stated previously, is that the kami also kils the marine. so in your game, you should use edit mode to conform the battle result to that rule.

• cool i thx kinda figured, but glad to know for sure

• As for marines, I think all those marine guys should look like Italian ones, otherwise I can not distinguish them  :lol:

• @Amon-Sul:

As for marines, I think all those marine guys should look like Italian ones, otherwise I can not distinguish them  :lol:

haha. yes, the marine images that come loaded with G40 are a bit hard to distinguish from regular infantry. Thats why we created the optional download to be used with Balance Mod. Check out the second post in this thread: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37883.0. It iincludes directions on how to install the optional files. The files will give you better marines, will make Vichy France appear in a different color, and will make all the objectives appear in the objectives panel. It has no impact on the regular game.

• @regularkid:

@Amon-Sul:

As for marines, I think all those marine guys should look like Italian ones, otherwise I can not distinguish them  :lol:

haha. yes, the marine images that come loaded with G40 are a bit hard to distinguish from regular infantry. Thats why we created the optional download to be used with Balance Mod. Check out the second post in this thread: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37883.0. It iincludes directions on how to install the optional files. The files will give you better marines, will make Vichy France appear in a different color, and will make all the objectives appear in the objectives panel. It has no impact on the regular game.

Wow :) That is great. I`ll go get it now :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m