Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Thanks for your answers.

I thought since it was Japan controlled since the start of the game that it didn’t apply, but I see your point.

Then I need to come up with a different plan… ;)

• Yes, we all also had to get the same clarification in the past (from Krieghund, which is official)
    What was meant by originally controlled, was what is printed on the map board.
    So the only major complex Japan can legally build, is on Korea

• @Bass:

I thought since it was Japan controlled since the start of the game that it didn’t apply, but I see your point.

Tricky, indeed… Kiangsu is a Chinese territory that Japan has captured before the game begins.
    It is the (Chinese) emblem printed on the map that is relevant here.

Enjoy your game  :-)

• Hah! Glad to know I’m not the only one making this faulty assumption. :)

Thanks! I think I’ll still beat him… Just have to get creative on the other side of the rules!  :-D

• Official Q&A

For this clarification, see page 8 of either the Europe or Pacific Rulebook:

When the rules refer to the “original controller” of a territory, they mean the power whose emblem is printed on the territory. All other spaces are neutral and are not aligned with any power.

• My friend is attempting t take the Money Islands with the US.

I thought only UK and ANZAC may do that?

• You are right.
    America can only take them from Japan. If they are still Dutch and the US land there, they remain Dutch. It sounds like you have understood correctly.

• @wittmann:

You are right.
    America can only take them from Japan. If they are still Dutch and the US land there, they remain Dutch. It sounds like you have understood correctly.

Thank you.

So after they’ve been invaded by Japan, any ally can claim them as their own? Or will they merely be liberated if the US take them?

• @Bass:

So after they’ve been invaded by Japan, any ally can claim them as their own?

Yes

Or will they merely be liberated if the US take them?

No.

The Dutch territories are like the French territories (after Paris falls), except that UK/ANZ has the “special ability” to take control of the (Dutch) friendly territories with a non-com of a ground unit into them.

So if the Axis take control of a Dutch territory, then basically you can forget that it was ever Dutch.  Yes, any ally can then take control of the Dutch territory when taking it back from the Axis

• Any Ally can take them Bass. Hope you are enjoying the game.

• @Gamerman01:

@Bass:

So after they’ve been invaded by Japan, any ally can claim them as their own?

Yes

Or will they merely be liberated if the US take them?

No.

The Dutch territories are like the French territories (after Paris falls), except that UK/ANZ has the “special ability” to take control of the (Dutch) friendly territories with a non-com of a ground unit into them.

So if the Axis take control of a Dutch territory, then basically you can forget that it was ever Dutch.  Yes, any ally can then take control of the Dutch territory when taking it back from the Axis

Thanks for your help, guys! :)

Yes, I’m definitely enjoying the game. Just finished G6 yesterday and I’m standing pretty in Moscow with 92 IPC’s in my bank and decent control in both theatres. We’ve been playing Friday, saturday and sunday. :D Gotta get some gaming in now as he’s expecting a baby in two weeks.  8-)

I’ve been playing A&A since ca 1990 but mostly revised enhanced.

• Just a quick recap of the various straits and canals.

Denmark controls the Passing of the Danish straits and only allies may pass.

Gibraltar controls the Strait of Gibraltar and allies and all subs may pass.

The Suez Canal and Istanbul: One must controll both sides for any ships to pass.

Is this correct?

• @wittmann:

The Germans own Denmark, so it is the Axis who are permitted to pass (or give permission to the Russians to pass, when not at war).
    Gib: correct.
    It is not Istanbul, but the territory of Trans Jordan that is the second territory, along with Egypt, that allows passage of the Suez.

You misread my post a little. I wrote “allies” not “The Allies”. As in allies of whomever holds Denmark. Italy is an ally of Germany, though seldom ventures that far north.

The Suez canal and the Istanbul passage are two different passages. I’m aware.

But thanks. :)

• '19 '17 '16

You must control both sides to pass the Suez, but both sides of the Turkish Straits are Turkey. So you need two territories for the Suez but only one for every other strait. If that is what you meant, then you are correct.

• My opponent just non-combed a DD into a sea zone containing some subs of mine. On my turn, may I move them out of the zone or will combat immediately ensue?

• If you don’t want to fight the DD, you may move the subs out of the sea zone during the combat movement phase.

• @ChocolatePancake:

If you don’t want to fight the DD, you may move the subs out of the sea zone during the combat movement phase.

Thanks! Was hoping for that answer! ;)

So what if I attack a sea zone containing 1 DD and a bunch of trsp with my little fleet of subs. It’s adjacent to an aribase with 3 figs so I assume he can scramble. His figs get to shoot at my subs for one round because of the DD. My subs can’t hit his figs so any hits will be counted towards the DD. How will this be resolved if my subs hit first round and his figs don’t kill all of my subs. Will I win the battle and take out his transports?

• Yes: If you sink the DD and have at least one surviving Sub, then all the Transports will sink.

• The following situation. In Sea Zone 37, I as Japan have a destroyer and a transport. I have two land units in Siam. The UK has a cruiser and battleship in Sea Zone 37 as well. I can declare war THEN load my transport and go to Sumatra etc AND most importantly leave my destroyer in 37 to fight the UK? So in other words, when starting in a sea zone with enemy units, can some of your units stay and attack while others move on? Or must they move together?

• Yes you can load the turn YOU Declare War.
    They can split up, some moving and some staying.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m