• Customizer

I LOVE how the game makes such a great bookend!

• Customizer

The first time I played GC, I didn’t care for it.  I played a couple of more times and it grew on me some.  Still, I’m just more used to the Global or Theater games in their objectives and income/purchasing units.  The supply tokens thing kind of throws me off.
    However, BOTB also uses supplies and I love that game.
    Not crazy about D-Day either, especially the fighter patrols.  The Allies can place fighters in every German reinforcement zone and take a shot at each German reinforcement unit before they even get to do anything.  I know the Allies had air superiority, but that just doesn’t seem right to me.  I have played several games of D-Day and only managed to hold out as the Germans I think twice.  Plus, in both of those games, the Germans were so beaten down and had so few units left, if the game had gone one or two more rounds, they would have been wiped out.

• I didn’t play BOTB or D-day but I realy like GC, I find the system of taking actions very interesting toward tactics, and with a regular AA game you have too long waiting poeriods if its not your turn.

But on the other side I have my doubths about the victorypoints system I often play to total destruction.

If playing J I often find the A bombers a bit to strong because your naval units have very little air defence.

But grate game, ideaal for 2 and you don’t need 5hours of time to play a game!!!

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

As for defense against American bombers… Japan is in a position to purchase an extra carrier J1 and build an airfield. Get a bunch of fighters and shoot 'em down!

• Don’t skimp on fighters in this one. You’ll be going through them fast.

• I actually like Guadalcanal, though I have yet to play Battle of the Bulge or D Day.

• TripleA '12

I own all three and I like D-Day but have never played BotB or GC. Again for me, Axis & Allies is all about the global experience/world map.

• I played G40, E40, P40, 1942, Classic, Revised, D-day, Anniversary, and 2nd Edition

My order of my favorite:

G40
    E40 (just slightly better than P40)
    P40
    Anniversary
    Revised
    D-day
    Classic
    2nd Edition

And where does GC rank empireman?

I really like GC myself, but my wife seems to have issues with it. She says BOTB is much better and will hardly ever play GC.

• TripleA

We really need to get the title of this thread changed.

It is a great game. It does play very differently from global games but that does not mean it is worse. It is the most fun and balanced of the battle games.

I agree! It’s almost like A&A style chess with the way it’s set up. Either side seems to have an equal chance at winning and the VPs are almost always close.

• @empireman:

I played G40, E40, P40, 1942, Classic, Revised, D-day, Anniversary, and 2nd Edition

My order of my favorite:

G40
    E40 (just slightly better than P40)
    P40
    Anniversary
    Revised
    D-day
    Classic
    2nd Edition

Dunno, but in my opinion P40 is too unbalanced. I’d also probably put the Anniversary addition over E40.

• We have not played more than 3 games. Cannot really get our heads around the different rules.  When will we get a Kursk or Stalingrad? My wife loves BOTB too!

• @wittman:

We have not played more than 3 games. Cannot really get our heads around the different rules.  When will we get a Kursk or Stalingrad? My wife loves BOTB too!

You’re a lucky man, My wife banishes me to the basement and complains but me playing board games. But I think one or two board games is better than a new video game every 3 months and new system every 2 years

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Guad would be the best game if they dumped the dice box and let Variable re-write the rules.  Actually, he has already done that with the “Battle of Midway” game.  It’s too bad that this game usually sits on our shelves.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m