League General Discussion Thread

• 2024 2023

Fun, watching it while I work. Love @crockett36’s comment about engineers and accountants, my older brother that got me into A&A is an engineer and I am an accountant. Who would have guessed!

• @Stucifer

Boom baby!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@crockett36 @dawgoneit

Question on Technology (1940 Global):

Does anyone know what the message means “removing all Technology tokens after unsuccessful research”?

If you already have gained some tech, you will certainly never lose it. So this message is somewhat confusing. It appears after an unsuccessful research, meaning that the purchased tech rolls did not have a 6.

So I guess the actual question is what a “tech token” is. Maybe it just stands for purchased and yet unrolled tech dice.

Removing tech tokens.jpg

• @Martin said in League General Discussion Thread:

@crockett36 @dawgoneit

Question on Technology (1940 Global):

Does anyone know what the message means “removing all Technology tokens after unsuccessful research”?

If you already have gained some tech, you will certainly never lose it. So this message is somewhat confusing. It appears after an unsuccessful research, meaning that the purchased tech rolls did not have a 6.

So I guess the actual question is what a “tech token” is. Maybe it just stands for purchased and yet unrolled tech dice.

Removing tech tokens.jpg

This wording is a remnant from Anniversary Edition. There you bought Research Tokens that represented the research dies. In Anniversary when rolling for research failed you kept the tokens for the next turn.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@Panther cool - thank you very much for jumping in and clarifying! :-)

• 2024 2023

@Martin I am playing a match with Gamerman using tech, there is an optional rule to use tokens instead of one-shot rolls. TripleA engine allows this in the Game Options. Uncheck the box that states: “Remove All Tech Tokens At End Of Turn”

• Just an update on the dice issues. A few days ago I went into yahoo, made marti a contact and prioritized a few messages from it. Since then I’ve been getting the dice.

@farmboy said in League General Discussion Thread:

Like a lot of people I ran into trouble with my dice email a couple of years ago. I was using gmail and I found that most of the emails weren’t coming through. I switched to yahoo and that worked great until the last few months. I still get all the emails but most come in several days late. Curious if others are dealing with the same thing and if there an email service that is avoiding these issues.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Grat - thank you very much!

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

Congratulations to @farmboy !!

BACK TO BACK Balanced Mod 4 championship wins!! 🙌

Congratulations to @Adam514 as runner-up, who also has a championship of his own, 2019. 🙌

Both are entered in the league history of championship winners and 2nd place finishers, and deserve all due awe, honor and recognition ✨✨✨

If you want to learn, to observe brilliance, or both, then review the game in Triple A

• Sorry if this has been asked before.

In PTV, if Vichy triggers are the axis allowed to fly over it during a combat move, while still in a pro axis neutral state?

Also, on another note, I do believe there is a bug that seems to connect SZ 95 to Southern Spain. At least in one of my games, that is happening.

• '19 '17

@Daaras said in League General Discussion Thread:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

In PTV, if Vichy triggers are the axis allowed to fly over it during a combat move, while still in a pro axis neutral state?

Also, on another note, I do believe there is a bug that seems to connect SZ 95 to Southern Spain. At least in one of my games, that is happening.

Anyone can fly over pro-Axis Vichy. You can consider them “attacked” since the territories changed hands.

Yeah sz95 should not be connected to S Spain.

• @Adam514 Thank you sir

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m