• @Witt

Game History

Round: 10

Research Technology - USA
            USA spend 0 on tech rolls
                USA roll 3,4,5,5,1 and gets 0 hits

Combat Move - USA
                USA loses 0 PUs for violating Majorcas neutrality.
                USA loses 0 PUs for violating Cape Verdes neutrality.
            4 transports moved from Sea Zone 57 Ligurian Sea to Sea Zone 54 Alboran Sea
            3 infantry moved from Morocco to Sea Zone 54 Alboran Sea
            3 infantry moved from Sea Zone 54 Alboran Sea to Majorca
                  USA take Majorca from Neutral
            1 infantry moved from Madeira to Sea Zone 34 Mid Atlantic
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 34 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 51 Mid Atlantic
            1 infantry moved from Sea Zone 51 Mid Atlantic to Cape Verde
                  USA take Cape Verde from Neutral
            3 cavalrys, 4 field_guns and 3 infantry moved from Yucatan to Guatemala
            4 cavalrys moved from Acapulco to Guatemala
            1 gas moved from Guadalahara to Guatemala
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Acapulco to Sea Zone 38 Gulf of Mexico
            2 field_guns, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from Sea Zone 38 Gulf of Mexico to Sea Zone 40 Caribbean Sea
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Sea Zone 40 Caribbean Sea to Guatemala
            1 field_gun moved from Charleston to Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 40 Caribbean Sea
            1 field_gun moved from Sea Zone 40 Caribbean Sea to Guatemala
            1 cavalry, 3 field_guns and 8 infantry moved from Chukotka to Magadan

Purchase Units - USA
            USA buy 4 cruisers, 3 field_guns, 4 infantry and 4 transports; Remaining resources: 4 PUs; 5 techTokens; 

Combat - USA
            Battle in Guatemala
                USA attack with 7 cavalrys, 7 field_guns, 1 gas and 5 infantry
                Neutral defend with 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun and 6 infantry
                    USA roll dice for 1 gas in Guatemala, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 gas owned by the USA lost in Guatemala
                    USA roll dice for 7 cavalrys, 7 field_guns and 5 infantry in Guatemala, round 2 : 6/19 hits, 6.67 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun and 6 infantry in Guatemala, round 2 : 4/8 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    4 infantry owned by the USA lost in Guatemala
                    1 cavalry owned by the Neutral and 5 infantry owned by the Neutral lost in Guatemala
                    USA roll dice for 7 cavalrys, 7 field_guns and 1 infantry in Guatemala, round 3 : 5/15 hits, 6.00 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Guatemala, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 field_gun owned by the USA lost in Guatemala
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral and 1 field_gun owned by the Neutral lost in Guatemala
                USA loses 0 PUs for violating Guatemalas neutrality.
                USA win, taking Guatemala from Neutral with 7 cavalrys, 6 field_guns and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for USA: 1 field_gun, 1 gas and 4 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral: 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun and 6 infantry
            Battle in Magadan
                USA attack with 1 cavalry, 3 field_guns and 8 infantry
                Communists defend with 1 conscript
                    USA roll dice for 1 cavalry, 3 field_guns and 8 infantry in Magadan, round 2 : 4/12 hits, 3.50 expected hits
                    Communists roll dice for 1 conscript in Magadan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 conscript owned by the Communists lost in Magadan
                USA win, taking Magadan from Communists with 1 cavalry, 3 field_guns and 8 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Communists: 1 conscript

Non Combat Move - USA
            4 transports moved from Sea Zone 151 Bering Sea to Sea Zone 153 Pacific Ocean
            1 field_gun moved from San Francisco to California
            3 infantry moved from San Francisco to California
            1 field_gun and 3 infantry moved from Acapulco to Yucatan
            2 transports moved from Sea Zone 39 Bay of Campeche to Sea Zone 40 Caribbean Sea
            1 cruiser moved from Sea Zone 25 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 15 English Channel
            2 cruisers moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 25 Mid Atlantic
            1 battlecruiser moved from Sea Zone 58 Tyrrhenian Sea to Sea Zone 70 Eastern Mediterranean
            2 transports moved from Sea Zone 57 Ligurian Sea to Sea Zone 56 Gulf of Lyon
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Catalonia to Sea Zone 56 Gulf of Lyon
            2 field_guns, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from Sea Zone 56 Gulf of Lyon to Sea Zone 57 Ligurian Sea
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Sea Zone 57 Ligurian Sea to Tuscany

Place Units - USA
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry placed in Catalonia
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry placed in Valencia
            1 infantry placed in Morocco
            2 cruisers placed in Sea Zone 54 Alboran Sea
            2 cruisers placed in Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            4 transports placed in Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry placed in San Francisco

Activate Technology - USA
            Trigger USAS: USA met a national objective for an additional 1 techTokens; end with 6 techTokens

Turn Complete - USA
            USA collect 101 PUs; end with 105 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Communists regular : -0.17
    USA regular : -1.83
    Neutral regular : 1.83

US10.tsvg

• Colt, Matt and I have decided that you have won. Well done guys.

• @Witt It was a pleasure. Tech luck had a lot to do with it.
    If CP gets trounced again, we should reconsider giving T a small bid. But the main problem is that G is deliberately given limited build capacity on both the western and eastern fronts.

Who’s up for another round?

• '20

GG, I’ll pass on playing again

• I am afraid I will not play again. I have too much going on at home .
    Have fun all.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

I will pass as well.

• Good game guys. I’m happy to play again.

• Thanks for the game. I will play again too.

• @Private-Panic I’m in

• Im up for another

• So, at the moment it is FM, VF, dawg, entek and myself.

Not witt, elrood, nor colt.

No doubt we can make this work with 5 players, but does anyone want to involve someone else?

• @Private-Panic I’ll ask cpt. walker

• @dawgoneit seems a shame that 3 of the top players or top players dropped out,

• I propose a fix to NML to make it less defensive oriented. HGs were offensive artillery designed to destroy reinforced bunkers, not defend them. The game gives them great defensive power, but no more offensive power than FGs. Also, G starts with only 3 homeland ICs, none of which are anywhere near the western or eastern fronts. CP is thus forced to build fast moving gas and cav to take Paris by G5 or G6, before F/GB outbuild G.
    Massive artillery barrages were the primary cause of death, with both sides firing hundreds of thousands of shells per multi-day battle. Gas, dependent on unreliable wind, which can’t be controlled or accurately forecast was not a decisive factor in any major WWI battle. Cav were a non-factor.
    Thus, this game while interesting, is historically inaccurate in certain areas.
    I propose that no HGs be built. Keep starting HGs and their existing power number. No HG tech, if HG tech is rolled, player selects bunkers or propaganda.
    No gas or cav land offense tech to discourage buying them. That leaves only barrage FG tech, giving 100% chance of obtaining artillery tech, rather than 1/3 chance. Player would edit tech received.
    Gas: Attacking player must use forum dice roll prior to combat move phase, to determine if gas can be used in combat that turn. Roll a 1 or 2 allows use of gas. Place a limit on amount of gas per battle.
    This will greatly reduce Paris defense power but not hit points. G will have greater chance of early FG tech, but limit units that can reach Paris quickly. G may need bid of starting game with IC build in Wurt (reduce starting income by 20 PU?).
    Other changes could be made that would require changes to the program code, such as giving HG greater attack power that would be used against trenches, not troops, like a bombardment.
    This proposal could be implemented fairly simply. The old adjustment of giving industry tech to T, was too narrow and didn’t address the underlying issues relevant to the other players.
    What do you think? Shall we try it in the new game?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m