Mech A1+1 & Art A2 = A4 D4 C8 6.00
    Comm A1 +1 & Art A2 = A4 D4 C8 6.00
    Tank A3 & Art A2 = A5 D5 C9 5.88
    2 Comm A2 = C8 3.00

Commando to weak at A1 for C4.
    If you gave Comm/Marine A2 C4
    2 Com/Mar A2 = A4 C8 6.00
    Comm A2+1 & Art A2 = A5 C8 7.50

Now by giving Com/Mar a A2 +1 with an Art to strong. But keep in mind there’s a build cap I believe.
    Why not just give the Com/Mar a A2 and Art doesn’t boost it +1. This way if attacking alone they still are worth the money on there own without off setting everything.
    You would assume these special Inf are kind a on there own and doing specific attacks ?

Maybe by giving all these special Inf in game a flat A2 with no +1 boost. Be easier on triple A ?

The decimal number shows cost for punch showing you best cost for pieces.

Be cool if special Inf could be air transported but Captain I think has a clamp on that.

• @general-5-stars said in Global 1940 Expansion for use with TripleA:

Now by giving Com/Mar a A2 +1 with an Art to strong. But keep in mind there’s a build cap I believe.

yea the build caps and the fact they only A1 unless paired w/Arty is where there at. To make that work with triplea is why I need to make them A2 +1

I can’t remember on the Air Trprt but they can be built/transformed in friendly Factories as well

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Change Log:

7.1 12/1/21
    Fix Dutch New Guinea not activating correctly on Allied counter attack after lost and reconquered. Fix Wolfpack removing Sea Zone 109 when 3 U-boats present. Fix Wolfpack not removing with less than 3 U-boats present in Sea Zone 99.

Make Heavy Industry placement compliant. Fix extra Italian rail not showing up after German takeover of Italy. Fix Chinese rail showing up, unless 3 Territories are owned. Fix Allies activating Liberate of Pacific Territories when only having battle and not winning. Update D-Day Notes.

Add Roundels to all Changer Landmines. Change “Commando/Marine” units to attack at 2 and get +1 when paired with Artillery. Add “CommandoA1/MarineA1”.

Knew I was spacing something lol. New Landmine notes. Here is the pertinent part:

Use edit to place “Armed” mines. They are placed in the 2nd Place Phase.Use the Player “Changer” for these. You may place them anywhere there is an unarmed mine. When you place the armed mines, you will need to use the “Comment Log” stating which Border they are defending in the territory. To access the comment log, go to the “View” menu, and click “Show Comment Log”.
    You may also place “Colored” mines: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Orange. This will allow you to edit different mines designating the defense of different borders. As a guideline, you may way want to use no color for West, Blue for North, Red for South and Green for East. Orange for North and Southwest and Yellow for North and Southeast to make it easier to tell how many and where they defend are.

It’ll be in notes for the next update.

Edit
    Hmm … I wonder maybe Green for south and red for east … doesn’t really matter. Just try to have some sort of consistency. Most LMs are west facing, USSR and the Reich. Blue seems good for North. Yea … I think I’ll change the recommendation to Green South

Hmm … something all fckd up on git now. Was working fine, now it’s jacked. Deleted and downloaded and it’s not showing any update now.

w/e f it no games tonight

Some of the German Total War Builds are jacked up. Seems to be only Air builds but I’ll check them all. Happens with 43 as well. Some of them don’t show up as a purchase option.

Everybody else seems ok. Anyway, use edit until fix is out.

Change Log:

7.3 12/10/21
    Fix Dutch New Guinea not giving PUs to Allies without battle. Fix some Total War Units not showing up in Purchase Window.Some Notification and Game Notes cleanup.

Couple more bugs in test game. Pacific Islands are only giving the negative bonus once, if you captured a non allied TTy and then lose it. Hopefully I can figure a fix, but for now use edit to correct PU totals.

The other is more serious. LCV and Air attack won’t allow the Air to retreat unless all the LCVs and their units are dead.
    This is basically the same as the Para bug, but more problematic as Paras are more likely to be used by themselves only for their bonus.

I think it is because they are edit moved units, but no elegant solution at the moment. Probably triplea can’t do it right now. You’ll have to use a combination of the dice roller and edit if needed, for correct game play.

So if you want to retreat Air and hits anyway, play out the battle then go back to the point you would have retreated and use dice roller to finish battle and edit units accordingly.

@SGT-Pitbull can’t post a save to chat, but here’s one that shows the starting Arty in Berlin being replaced with SS units. Place in first place phase.

EXP 7.3 Game 14 12-11-21.tsvg

Gonna start on some fixes soon. @SGT-Pitbull can you post a saved game with Artillery not changing ? I can’t reproduce it

@The-Captain What is the average length of your games ?

I figured out a fix for Pacific Islands again, but i need a new trigger for every possibility. There are 32. Right now I have it for 29 rds but thinking of only 20 for this new one. That’s still 640 though.

The problem is, that it runs slower the more there are. I may need to drop to 20 for all of them. We’ll see. Triplea may not check the new triggers as they’re activated by an existing trigger but Idk.

Anyway, after 20 rounds, which is early 1950 if i remember right, you’d just have to keep track and use edit

• @barnee
    Hi barnee,

The average length is Early 1945.

Mostly, by that time an Economic Victory is achieved - and the military situation would eventually become increasingly hopeless to either the Axis or the Allies.

I’ve got Desert Army pretty much on the run now. Germany tested out good, so should be able to finish up in a few hours. They work with Armor, Elite, Infantry, Artillery, Mech Infantry, Pnzr Grndrs and Paras.
    Edit
    Combat Engineer will be added once he’s been created lol

Think that should cover it. I guess I’ll need Marines and Commandos for USA and UK. UK doesn’t have a heavy hitting mech though.

Anyway, this isn’t gonna work quite as good as the Panzer Generals, Oberst and Commisars. You have to take the PG as the first casualty of the Army, so if you have 2 Paras and a Panzer, you’ll be attacking at 1,1 and 3 instead of 3,3 and 1 on your next combat round.

It’s the same as the other groups as far as casualty selection, but Panzers are all Tanks, SS Army’s weakest member attacks same as Oberst and Commisar Corps generally consist of harder hitting units also. At least that’s how I do it.

But the Desert Army could very well have Para units in it for the Germans. With the smaller battles in N Africa compared to the E Front, this’ll have a potentially bigger impact on them.

Not much can be done. It’s the same for both sides. Just something to be aware of.

Edit
    I guess if it was super critical battle or thought it might come into play, you can always use the Dice roller and do it by hand. And you’d want to, most likely anyway : ), edit your Panzer General back in and kill a Para after battle in the above situation if you won.

Updated to triplea

Change Log:

7.4 12/28/21
    Add Notification for Incorrect Pacific Island Bonuses. Clarify Game Notes for LCVs. Fix Take Over Italy Notification showing up after accepted. Change German Take Over of Italy Rail to show as Europe only.

Fix German Heavy Tanks and Russian Commisars not being able to move by rail. Change Rockets to move 2. Fix Total War Me 262 turning into Tactical Bombers. Fix Waffen Paras negating regular Para attack bonus.

Add Desert Army. Add Combat Engineer.

Update to 7.41

Change Log:
    7.41 12/29/21
    Fix Engineers not getting Artillery boost

There is no A2D3 commisar for Guards Infantry. Use commisar2 for offense and edit to commisar3 for defense.

I’ll add it in the next day or so, along with a A1D3 for the Engineers.

Tac Bmbrs will support Tanks in Panzer Armies. This is incorrect.

I think the best that can be done, is have the Pnzr Gen give a negative bonus to the Tacs. Any Tanks not in the Army wouldn’t be able to boost them then either.

It’s probably less frequent than Tacs and no extra Tanks though, especially if you’re trying to keep an Army Group together.

Hmm … maybe I could make a special Tank that you could edit in before battle if necessary that would boost the Tac correctly.
    Yea, that’d be the way to go. Take a while to do.

These Tank battles usually to big to roll by hand so, just have to deal with it for now. Maybe give the defender an extra INF or 2 depending on how many Tacs in the battle. 1 Inf per 2 Tacs ? IDK lol

I imagine Desert Armies and Commisars do the same thing with Artillery. Waffens only have 2 Arty so not a big deal. Should be able to make a special Artillery too.

Well, we’ll see how Tanks go first.

• @barnee

Well - you know what works best - your decision:+1:

• @the-captain heh heh yea thinking out loud : ) Finish this test game and I’ll get cracking on it. This ones playing out a bit differently so far. Fun stuff ! :)

The 1943 Expansion needs some PU adjustment. The Expanded Pacific Islands that have been conquered are not firing their bonus. There needs to be a battle for it to activate.

For now, you need to edit +7 PUs to JPN and -4 to USA at end of each turn. This will be fixed in the next update.

German Total War Infantry 1943 Expansion is firing in 1940 Expansion. While I appreciated the extra 11 Infantry in West Germany, this is incorrect behavior.

This is fixed for the next update. Until then you will need to use edit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m