League General Discussion Thread

• Sorry if this has been asked before.

In PTV, if Vichy triggers are the axis allowed to fly over it during a combat move, while still in a pro axis neutral state?

Also, on another note, I do believe there is a bug that seems to connect SZ 95 to Southern Spain. At least in one of my games, that is happening.

• '19 '17

@Daaras said in League General Discussion Thread:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

In PTV, if Vichy triggers are the axis allowed to fly over it during a combat move, while still in a pro axis neutral state?

Also, on another note, I do believe there is a bug that seems to connect SZ 95 to Southern Spain. At least in one of my games, that is happening.

Anyone can fly over pro-Axis Vichy. You can consider them “attacked” since the territories changed hands.

Yeah sz95 should not be connected to S Spain.

• @Adam514 Thank you sir

• 2024 2023

I printed a PtV map image on banner vinyl. Playing our first game on it this weekend!

IMG_3653.jpeg

• @Stucifer
    Hmm, that looks really familiar. :)

Andrew Gaming Room.jpg

However, OPEN GLASSES ON THE TABLE!?!?!?! What are you thinking???

• 2024 2023

Yeah we play dangerously 😅🤣

• @Stucifer that is so freaking epic! very impressive. how are you differentiating the marines?

• @regularkid also, how do you handle the vichy units?

• 2024 2023

@regularkid said in League General Discussion Thread:

@Stucifer that is so freaking epic! very impressive. how are you differentiating the marines?

Right now, I have Marines for the US that I got from Historical Board Gaming. However I do not have marines for the other countries, so we are using German infantry with a Japanese occupation marker underneath for Japanese marines.

@regularkid said in League General Discussion Thread:

also, how do you handle the vichy units?

I put a black-backed occupation token on each Vichy territory and left the French units on the board. Since Germany opted for Vichy and the French fighter was lost in the 113 scramble, it’s not too confusing.

I’m also logging each end state in TripleA. Mostly to track income with all the NO conditions, easy to lose track of one. Added benefit since we have to clear the table for an activity tonight, but plan to continue playing tomorrow if the weather forecast holds!

• Could AI beat our top players in BM or PTV, low luck, no tech? I say no way….

• @666 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Could AI beat our top players in BM or PTV, regular luck, no tech? I say no way….

• '19 '17

@666 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Could AI beat our top players in BM or PTV, low luck, no tech? I say no way….

Maybe in 15 years there’ll be off-the-shelf AI that you can tell to learn and practice the game and it’ll be 3000 ELO. Perhaps unbeatable in low luck.

• I think MARTI is already sentient. He knows exactly when I am at my most vulnerable, and that’s when he hits me with a dicing. I usually find that after an hour or more of crying I’m okay again.

• 2024 2023

In reference to https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/1724617

I have a couple gems in current games:

@Stucifer said in L24 OOB Stucifer (X) v Booper (L+48):
    J1 attack on Yunnan stack

Battle in Yunnan
    Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
    Chinese defend with 5 infantry; Russians defend with 3 fighters
    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/8 hits, 3.50 expected hits
    Chinese roll dice for 3 fighters and 5 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 7/8 hits, 3.67 expected hits
    1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 3 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese, 1 artillery owned by the Japanese and 1 bomber owned by the Japanese lost in Yunnan
    1 bomber owned by the Japanese retreated
    Chinese win with 3 fighters and 5 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -46

Also this one. The BB was damaged which is why I pursued until the end.
    10,000 simulations: 99.39% Chance of Victory, 0.26% Draw, 0.35% Loss

@Stucifer said in L24 PtV Stucifer (X+10) vs Adam514 (L):

Battle in 107 Sea Zone
    Germans attack with 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers
    British defend with 1 battleship
    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers in 107 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
    British roll dice for 1 battleship in 107 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans lost in 107 Sea Zone
    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 107 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
    British roll dice for 1 battleship in 107 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans lost in 107 Sea Zone
    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter in 107 Sea Zone, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
    British roll dice for 1 battleship in 107 Sea Zone, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
    1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in 107 Sea Zone
    British win with 1 battleship remaining. Battle score for attacker is -30
    Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers

Nerded out on the stats for the Yunnan battle.

Chance to get 4 hits on 5 infantry (4.11%) x Chance to get 3 of 3 on the fighters (29.63%)
    1.22%
    -and-
    Chance to get 5 hits on 5 infantry (0.411%) x Chance to get 2 of 3 on the fighters (44.44%)
    0.18%

So a ~1.4% chance to get 7 hits, which is actually higher than I expected

Chance to whiff completely with my units:
    (2 Infantry @1: 69.44%) x (Inf + Art @2: 44.44%) x (Fighter @3: 50%) x (Tac + 2 Bombers @4: 3.7%)
    0.57%
    Total chance for this outcome: ~0.008%

• "Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.
    But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”

Terry Pratchett, Mort

• That Yunnan one is incredible.

Obviously those Jap personnel did not believe in attacking a nasty cheesy bid stack and were completely demoralized going in.

And the Chinese were invigorated beyond belief at the realization that Moscow had sent their entire airforce to protect the rice paddies

• @FlyingBadger said in League General Discussion Thread:

"Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.
    But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”

Terry Pratchett, Mort

Love Terry Pratchett’s writing, always good for a chuckle. Figure if something only happens 1 out of 10,000 times, we give MARTI enough opportunities every month that there’s at least a 50% chance it happens to someone

• @gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

That Yunnan one is incredible.

And the Chinese were invigorated beyond belief at the realization that Moscow had sent their entire airforce to protect the rice paddies

Well, to be accurate the tac bomber stayed home to fight in the motherland, and just the fighters in range went. This makes the Japan attack about a coin-flip. I’m guessing this exact scenario doesn’t occur too often, as usually the tac will come to Yunnan as well.

• 2024 2023

@Booper Yeah it was a coin flip, I was willing to commit to destroy a Russian plane or two since I attacked G1, now it will be much more difficult to seize Moscow

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m