[POLL] Does anyone use the End of Turn Report?

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm, ok. Might have to live with the status quo then.

• If I voted it would be to agree with P@nther. But I don’t understand why saving when you suggest would be can advantage and if I did that might change my vote?

• '19 '17 '16

@Private:

If I voted it would be to agree with P@nther. But I don’t understand why saving when you suggest would be can advantage and if I did that might change my vote?

If you don’t click ok, the autosave can’t happen - unless it were placed before convoy disruption which makes it somewhat pointless.

• Actually there seem to be two or maybe three questions to be answered here.

The first question that is subject of the thread is: “Does anyone use the End of Turn Report?”
    That results in the poll: “Do you disable the End of Turn report popup box?”

So, I do use the End of Turn Report thus I do not disable the popup box. So my vote no answers this poll.

If there were a poll asking for a vote for when to show the turn summary, I would answer:

@P@nther:

Also I would not vote for showing the turn summary after hitting the DONE-Button because hitting the done-button finally ends the turn.

Additionally, if there were a third poll asking about autosaves my opininon would be to either remove them or do not touch them as the user can manually save at any point (I do that frequently when playing).

• '19 '17 '16

@P@nther:

Additionally, if there were a third poll asking about autosaves my opininon would be to either remove them or do not touch them as the user can manually save at any point (I do that frequently when playing).

That’s a strange comment to my way of thinking. Why not make them useful?

• @simon33:

@P@nther:

That’s a strange comment to my way of thinking. Why not make them useful?

Indeed I could have elaborated a bit more on this subject, but I was short on time…

My argument to “not touch them” is, that I consider them being useful the way they are now. Why do you think they are not?

My argument to “remove them” is based on the fact that the user can manually save at any time. So if the user does this, there is no need for autosaves.

• I have kept tabs on this debate but still not voted.

I am happy with things as they are and do not really see the advantages of the change. But abstain because you guys are more knowledgeable. Trust your judgement.

• '19 '17 '16

@P@nther:

Indeed I could have elaborated a bit more on this subject, but I was short on time…

My argument to “not touch them” is, that I consider them being useful the way they are now. Why do you think they are not?

My argument to “remove them” is based on the fact that the user can manually save at any time. So if the user does this, there is no need for autosaves.

I was never clear on when autosave fires. Also the difference between autosave and autosave2 is not clear. Reading the code I see that it just overwrites the older one.

I tend to think this is the sort of thing which should be managed better natively, without requiring the user to think about when they want an manual save. Updating them causes no harm other than using up a bit more disk space, probably into the megabytes.

• I do save more then frequently, because triple a’s past has showen that you will have to redo your whole last turn when things are messed up or ran out of space/ capacity.
    Never used the autosave.

As to the Box at the end of our turn.
    I am ok with it and don’t see way it should be removed.

• '19 '17 '16

@aequitas:

I am ok with it and don’t see way it should be removed.

The problem will be that if your computer crashes while the box is being displayed, you won’t get the autosave if it’s the last thing done after displaying the end turn panel.

But it seems there is a strong view to maintain the status quo and no concern about that potential problem. Has no effect on me given that I turn it off so there’s no reason to change that aspect.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m