Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• I will wait until the complete set is available.

• '10

We are going to Do JAPAN following ITALY.

I can’t discuss price yet as I am not sure what my total cost will be once complete.  I think it is going to be more than the $60 I guesstemated a year a go….

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I can’t discuss price yet as I am not sure what my total cost will be once complete.  I think it is going to be more than the $60 I guesstemated a year a go….

A wise and natural choice to go Japan next because of the lack of tac-bombers in the 1940 games, and Italy first since they will just have the infantry sculpts unique.

What the third nation will be is harder to guess perhaps…… ;)

• @Andy_Dandy:

What the third nation will be is harder to guess perhaps…… ;)

…. hmmm is that a T34 I hear approaching…

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@FieldMarshalGames:

Will the “more than $60”*  be for the entire set of all countries or will it be “more then $60”* for each country individually?  Regardless I will be getting at least one set if not more.

*Used because the price isn’t known yet.

• @Entek:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Will the “more than $60”*  be for the entire set of all countries or will it be “more then $60”* for each country individually?  Regardless I will be getting at least one set if not more.

It’s 60+++ for each nation. Remeber it’s alot of pieces, and made in better quality. Perhaps they will prize the nations differently, for instance France with a smaller pack, or a combined France/China package.

• @Andy_Dandy:

@Entek:

@FieldMarshalGames:

It’s 60+++ for each nation. Remeber it’s alot of pieces, and made in better quality. Perhaps they will prize the nations differently, for instance France with a smaller pack, or a combined France/China package.

Actually, in the project thread (dedicated solely to updates and not our aimless banter) it states that they’re hoping to do it for $60 for the complete set, not per country.

So even if it is more … definately worth considering for the quality!

• The destroyer prototype is ready. FMG will upload the image shortly.

It looks great.

• @Imperious:

The destroyer prototype is ready. FMG will upload the image shortly.

It looks great.

And here it is:

• '10

@Rorschach:

@Andy_Dandy:

@Entek:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Actually, in the project thread (dedicated solely to updates and not our aimless banter) it states that they’re hoping to do it for $60 for the complete set, not per country.

So even if it is more … definately worth considering for the quality!

This man is correct.  The entire cost will be for the whole set.  We will sell them individually as they are released.  The price can not be 100% determined at this time as the cost of the project has not been defined yet.

We will make it as affordable as possible, leaving a modest profit for investment in other cool products (That is how all our products have worked, community support on one has lead to another).  As this project has expanded in scope since its inception due to community involvement and requests… and things that just HAVE TO BE done…  the final cost will reflect this.

In the end, regardless…  we aim to make the DEFINITIVE set.  One time purchase for endless use and expansions in future.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

A bit of an odd request but, could you post a pic of all the naval pieces next to each other? I’d like a comparison similar to the infantry pic you did. Thanks FMG, looking great!

• '10

@Variable:

A bit of an odd request but, could you post a pic of all the naval pieces next to each other? I’d like a comparison similar to the infantry pic you did. Thanks FMG, looking great!

I can get this for you once I have the samples in my hand.  These are all individual pictures from the factory.

• TripleA '12

Understood and appreciated.

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Rorschach:

So even if it is more … definitely worth considering for the quality!

Thanks for the clarifying.  I was just thinking about how much money it was going to cost to get this all done and thinking that if it was $60ish for an entire set for the six countries, that would make it $10ish for an individual country and that just didn’t seem right.

Once again, just let me reiterate what everyone else on this board has said by saying Thank you FMG!  I have a set of the dice and they are great.  They let us stop using our “cursed” dice, don’t ask.

• Maybe FMG will make a combined set of dice and playing pieces. Please.

• Ok, you just confused me. The last FMG post seemed to clarify it was around $60 or $60 plus for the whole set. So yes, about $10 or more per country.

• '10

@eddiem4145:

Ok, you just confused me. The last FMG post seemed to clarify it was around $60 or $60 plus for the whole set. So yes, about $10 or more per country.

That post was old and just an estimate.  I will not comment on price until the final “bill” lands on my desk.

• Personally, since I live in Italy and I know that the shipping cost is really high, I think I will buy the entire set once it will be released. But I can’t wait too long to get the COOLEST Italian Miniatures I’ve never seen…

• Customizer

So, what about those of us who want Italian pieces in light grey, and Japan in white?  Would this cost extra, or is it too much fiddling about to be worth it?

If a set for “endless use and expansions” is possible, this must include such units as armoured trains, and jet fighters for techs.  My games would never feel complete without these.

• '10

@Flashman:

So, what about those of us who want Italian pieces in light grey, and Japan in white?  Would this cost extra, or is it too much fiddling about to be worth it?

If a set for “endless use and expansions” is possible, this must include such units as armoured trains, and jet fighters for techs.  My games would never feel complete without these.

I wish we could accommodate all this…  but each set would cost $1000 and we would be complete in 2023 if we could make everyone happy.  There had to be a point where we just stopped adding stuff.

In the end the set will have MORE than is needed to play AAA, with any units we can see being added in the foreseeable future.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m