The new ELO-based ranking system

• Is there a list of all the calculated ELO rankings?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Good morning,

I have a technical question: When I download the ELO table to my PC and open it in Excel, all players have an ELO of 1500. Is there anything I have to pay attention to in order to have the real ELO shown?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

ELO.jpg

• MrRoboto is probably the only one who can help you,
    He’ll most likely see your post in this thread, but now that you know who you need, you could PM him if he doesn’t respond here soon

• '19 '18

Pretty sure the formulas in Excel are ever so slightly different from the formulas in Google sheets.

Gonna download it on my work computer tomorrow, since I don’t have an excel license on my personal one.

• '19 '18

Ok two major formulas didnt translate properly from google sheets to excel and it seemed to work after fixing both of them.

First, check the “Data” Sheet, column G

In Google Sheets, the formula is:
    =IF(ISBLANK(F2),IF(EQ(F2,D2),E2,D2))

In Excel, I had to rewrite it slightly to:
    =IF(ISBLANK(F2),IF(F2=D2),E2,D2))

And of course you have to extend the formula to the whole column.

I have the German Excel version and it failed to translate the formula in the (hidden) column B.

Google Sheets formula:
    =IF(ISBlANK($A2),IFS($A2=“OOB”,1,$A2=“BM4”,2,$A2=“PtV”,3))

Wrong translated Excel formula:
    =WENN(ISTLEER($A2),IFS($A2=“OOB”,1,$A2=“BM4”,2,$A2=“PtV”,3))

As you can see, it translated the “IF” and the “ISBLANK”, but not the “IFS”.
    I suspect you don’t have that problem.

You might have other issues though. Just check the cells and see if they are doing what you’d expect them to.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Fantastic - thank you very much for your quick help! It now works for me in Excel as well. I replaced the formula in cell [G2] by =IF(F2=D2;E2;D2) and applied it to the whole column.

I also did some small adjustment in cell [B2] and applied it to the whole column B. If I remember correctly, there is a “@” added to formulas in the new Excel version, and it does not seem to work for me, so I just deleted the “@”

Thank you again!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m