• '19 '17 '16

I’d be interested in a vid on regaining London after Germany places 9 transports in the Ocean G2, when you can assume that they will take London. Some German players might assault Scotland to block the landing zone for the bombers.

• '18 '17 '16

I’ll get to that this weekend Simon.

• '21 '18 '16

Respectfully disagree to those who say a Sea Lion strategy can ever be stopped, if Germany wants to Sea Lion they will. USSR will not automatically win the game. There is a way to do it. After reading this the AB is absolutely required on turn 1. all focus must be dropped on the U.K. Navy. The opener result the is the key whether you can do it or not. I won’t elaborate too much more but will gladly test this with anyone on Triple A. I prefer live games and don’t do PBEM. My screen name is the same. I’ve been working on a way to do it and after this thread I think I found the answer to the counter. Maybe I’m wrong but I would like to try

• '19 '17 '16

@seancb:

Respectfully disagree to those who say a Sea Lion strategy can ever be stopped, if Germany wants to Sea Lion they will. USSR will not automatically win the game. There is a way to do it. After reading this the AB is absolutely required on turn 1. all focus must be dropped on the U.K. Navy. The opener result the is the key whether you can do it or not. I won’t elaborate too much more but will gladly test this with anyone on Triple A. I prefer live games and don’t do PBEM. My screen name is the same. I’ve been working on a way to do it and after this thread I think I found the answer to the counter. Maybe I’m wrong but I would like to try

You are saying that a sea lion strategy will always get on London in spite of a G1 buy of 6art 2inf and a UK1 buy of 9inf all in London? I can’t understand your point here.

• '21 '18 '16

No I’m saying there is no way to stop it if you want to do it

• @seancb:

No I’m saying there is no way to stop it if you want to do it

I don’t think that anybody is disputing that point. I think that what this thread has decided is: If Germany does a Sea Lion, even if it is successful there are ways that the Allies can make Germany pay for spending the time and resources to launch that attack.

But I could be wrong. I do agree with your statement: The Allies can’t stop Germany from launching Operation Sea Lion. I just also happen to agree with what I think every everyone else is saying: Germany occupying Great Britain in G2 or G3 is far from “lights out” for the Allies.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @simon33:

I’d be interested in a vid on regaining London after Germany places 9 transports in the Ocean G2, when you can assume that they will take London. Some German players might assault Scotland to block the landing zone for the bombers.

Thats why the UK should activate Eire w/mech on UK1. It gives the US bmrs another landing spot.

• '18 '17 '16

I started a new thread (with video) to discuss the strategy that I talked about in this thread. It is here;
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41161.0

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@WILD:

@simon33:

Thats why the UK should activate Eire w/mech on UK1. It gives the US bmrs another landing spot.

Interesting.  Wonder if Eire was added with something like that in mind?  I know it’s always been on the map since 2nd edition classic (as far as my ancient brain can recall) but almost never, in my experience, used as a mechanic in strategizing a game.  :)

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I saw that pocket square early on, but the problem with it is that you may still need every guy on London to make sure its safe, even 1 mech.  Sometimes I cant even attack Scotland, if they stacked it, because you cant take Scotland and still ensure they can’t destroy London…that’s where SL gets tricky.

To call Ireland Pro-Allied, that’s the historical inaccuracy…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m