XDAP #2 - $300 on the line! You know what to do…

• TripleA

How do pairings work in this?

• '15

I was wondering that myself.  I won a fight in the pit, but I’m not sure what to do next.

• '17

@Gargantua:

RULES (so far)
    Preamble: The premise is that we can have a second round of XDAP, just like before.  But that this time, we can match teams on the fly instead of having a set schedule.  Which will be a lot faster.

The Process:
    1. A team falls in the regular xdap tournament, and is sent to the pit

2. The team is given a score in the pit. The score is indicative of what round they dropped out in.  So assuming a team lost in the first round of XDAP they will have a score of 5, and that means that they need to survive 5 fights in the pit in order to escape.

3.  Players in the pit are encouraged to actively hunt down other players in the pit who have the same score as them, and kill them, Strong teams might also want to prey on weak teams as quickly as possible. So as to advance themselves.

4. Whoever reaches a score of 0, will fight the XDAP champion for the $300.

5. Players in the pit can turn on each other, and form new teams with other players in the pit. (Which means managing the politics, could net you a better chance at getting to the top! or a stronger ally if your current partner sucks).  If you choose to abandon your partner, and join up with your new buddy who has also betrayed their partner.  Your old partners are now forced into an unholy alliance.

6. If the public wants to see certain matches, they can call on two teams to fight.  I encourage the public to pick fights for the players

7.  NO MATCH CAN PROCEED WITHOUT MY CONSENT

Basically, it’s blood, guts, and axis and allies gentleman.

So - without further ado, IT"S TIME FOR PIT FIGHTS!!!

“Kill your enemies, Kill your friends enemies, Kill your friends…”

• '17

Based on those rules, it looks like you just challenge any team. I assume no one has reached a score of zero yet.

It’s not clear whether or not the team you challenge has to agree to the match or not though. It just says Garg has to approve.

• TripleA

Challenge multiple teams at the same time OK?

• '15

I have no idea what the standing are in the pit at the moment, but if you’re in there too, Cow, I’d be honored to have you as an opponent.

• TripleA

OK

• '15

Excellent!  Are you part of a team or solo like me?

I guess we wait for Garg to approve now.

• It would be nice if Garg updated the situation
    Nobody knows what’s going on

• TripleA

I think it is safe to assume garg would approve of most matches. Going to start 2 threads.

• TripleA

challenging 3 more teams…

• TripleA

Last year’s tied champ… :\

• '18 '16

Hi guys, I think I falled in the pit as I loose the game vs the yamatowasdiced team, olso I loose my teammate. How is running the pit? What’s my next game? If there is any :?.
    Anyone else without a teammate wants to join?

• Or have Gargantua and Bold both failed us all?

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

Beserk over Ancients.

• Alright, since nobody else will probably do it, here’s the updated spreadsheet.

Berserk needs to play Atlanta Axis

With the Ancients falling through the trap door to the pits, we have 4 pit fighting teams now

I think Garg still retains the right to approve all pit fights.

Looks to me like Sunshine Time, if the very late entry team is recognized as valid, could play Boldman or Ancients

Boldman entered the pits in round 1 but has 2 wins in the pits, more than anyone
    Ancients won the first round game but then lost
    Sunshine won 1 pit game
    Garl entered the pits after 2 wins in the regular brackets, but c’mon.  They beat Witt and a team who had a bye in the first round

So actually the 4 teams in the Pits are on ROUGHLY even footing, so any could play any…… Will Garg show himself some major favoritism?  We shall see… Hopefully before Christmas

XDAP 2 August 19.xls

• And no I didn’t update the date of the file
    Every second I spend helping to maintain this tournament are volunteer, bonus seconds
    I have no responsibilities here, but pitching in to keep this huge tournament from dying a slow, horrible death

• I have made a google doc for the main bracket https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11j3c4cd0ZLSxkoqRUJsJxK-QAk3X7oDXQVImZtIUpjY/edit#gid=119809980 , I tried to update it with the latest information, please let me know if there is a mistake or something is missing.

Was there an official ruling on the game team Yojack vs. Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris team wanted to formally lose due to lack of time (see http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36013.30) and now there has not been activity on that threat for a month. Team “Yamamoto was diced” is already waits, in round 3, for a winner of this game and team “Declaration of Wheat”, in round 4, waits for the winner of that round 3 game. Would be nice if an official ruling is made here fast so the game 28 in round 3 can start.

Please also note, that there is a difference against the bracket posted last time by Gamerman01, as my team “The Peaceful Warriors” was moved by Gargantua to face team Atlanta Axis as we were both available to start a round 3 match back then. Thus winners of games 17 (team Berserk) and 19 will face each other in round 3 (game 26). Gamerman01 was probably not aware of this move, as it was really communicated in the tournament threat by Gargantua (at least I have not seen it).

I don’t have a clue what has been happening in the pits and if there is a way to properly track records of those games…

• @nerquen:

I don’t have a clue what has been happening in the pits and if there is a way to properly track records of those games…

I just found the 2nd sheet in Gamerman01’s file, so now I copied that info to the 2nd sheet of my google sheet as well.

• thank you nerquen. Yojack and Yamamoto (my team) are currently in the bidding process. it’s just going very slowly because one of the members of Yojack is very busy right now.

@nerquen:

I have made a google doc for the main bracket https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11j3c4cd0ZLSxkoqRUJsJxK-QAk3X7oDXQVImZtIUpjY/edit#gid=119809980 , I tried to update it with the latest information, please let me know if there is a mistake or something is missing.

Was there an official ruling on the game team Yojack vs. Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris team wanted to formally lose due to lack of time (see http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36013.30) and now there has not been activity on that threat for a month. Team “Yamamoto was diced” is already waits, in round 3, for a winner of this game and team “Declaration of Wheat”, in round 4, waits for the winner of that round 3 game. Would be nice if an official ruling is made here fast so the game 28 in round 3 can start.

Please also note, that there is a difference against the bracket posted last time by Gamerman01, as my team “The Peaceful Warriors” was moved by Gargantua to face team Atlanta Axis as we were both available to start a round 3 match back then. Thus winners of games 17 (team Berserk) and 19 will face each other in round 3 (game 26). Gamerman01 was probably not aware of this move, as it was really communicated in the tournament threat by Gargantua (at least I have not seen it).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m