Axis and Allies 1914 FAQ/Question and Answer Thread

• Krieghund, any news on whether the “tournament rules” with the setup changes will be officially installed in a 2nd edition???  I’ve played the last few times with those rules (setup change is better along with the economic/political collaspe etc) and its been a lot better IMHO.

• Official Q&A

@ColonelCarter:

Can Austria also move into Mesopotamia/Persia regardless of their status (Ottoman controlled/British controlled/contested)?

Yes, as long as at least one Central Powers infantry unit remains in Sevastopol.

@ColonelCarter:

What if the CP controlled all three of these territories? The official errata would seem to imply so.

I should have been more specific.  The British may not move into original Russian territories that are either controlled by Russia or shared between Russia and the Central Powers.  If the territory is controlled by the Central powers, they may move there.  (For some reason, I assumed they were also contested.)

• Official Q&A

@questioneer:

Krieghund, any news on whether the “tournament rules” with the setup changes will be officially installed in a 2nd edition???  I’ve played the last few times with those rules (setup change is better along with the economic/political collaspe etc) and its been a lot better IMHO.

I have heard nothing yet about the possibility of a second edition.

• If UK walks into Portuguese east Africa or Angola, do the territories become french controlled?

• Official Q&A

No, they become controlled by Britain.

• They are not french preferred neutrals then?  The color makes that a tad confusing.

• Official Q&A

@ghr2:

They are not french preferred neutrals then?  The color makes that a tad confusing.

They are colonies of French-aligned neutrals, hence their coloring.  A territory must have a major power’s small emblem on it in order to be aligned.  Colonies don’t have them, so they can be controlled by anyone.

• @Krieghund:

@ghr2:

They are not french preferred neutrals then?�  The color makes that a tad confusing.

They are colonies of French-aligned neutrals, hence their coloring.  A territory must have a major power’s small emblem on it in order to be aligned.  Colonies don’t have them, so they can be controlled by anyone.

Krieghund, I know how this works w/colonies in the game. I was just wondering while you guy’s were in the development/testing stages if those linked colonies had a different role (simple yes or no will do).

Did the colonies join the ranks when the main aligned neutral (capital) was activated at any time through the process?

Just wondering if this was considered part of the game at some point, but was shelved.

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• @Krieghund:

Yes.

Thanks WB

• AH moves its fleet Round 1 into SZ 17, no mine hits and Austria decides not to attack the italian fleet.

When Italy has its turn it wishes to pick up its Infantry and Art in Libya. Does it always have to conduct Seacombat before offloading units in any tt bordering SZ 17?

Thanks!

• Official Q&A

Allied powers may not load units onto or offload units from transports in sea zone 17 until it is cleared of Central Powers surface warships.

• Customizer

The kind of scenario that persuades me that hostile fleets should not share a SZ at the end of a turn.  At the very least, I think the Italian navy should have had the option of intercepting and battling the Austrians.

• hi, a question, the next situation happends: hungary attacks greece with 7 inf and had 2 hits, greece  is 2 points so it defendse with 4 units, so 2 units left to defend and my friend made them 2 russian, he had 2 hits so 5 hungary inf stays ,then france want to put 4 inf on greece, so the question, because greece is still neutral can france go help russian to defend ore because its neutral side must france also attack greece and when so does greece then defend again with 4 units ore the two left of the first attack from hungary ore do the hungary 5 units also defends with greece 2 ore 4 units against france and if every country left units on greece what happends in the next turn, does hungary have to fight against only the two russians ore also against the 4 france together with rusian and on france his turn who has he to deal with.
    i hope its clear what i am asking :? :? :? :-D

greetings ron

• The neutrality of a territory can only be violated once. After that the former neutral power is aligned to the enemies of the invader.

• hi, ok so french can reinforce greece against hungary , but lets say hungary is defeated ore retreat ,from who is greece than for the rusian units ore french

greetings ron

• Official Q&A

If the Austria-Hungary forces are defeated, the attacking power will take control.  If the attacker has no units left after the attack (both sides wiped out), the other power present will take control.

If the Austria-Hungary forces move away, The Russian and French players decide between them who will take control.  If they can’t decide, the Austria-Hungary player decides.

• hi, thanks for the explaining, everything clear

greetings ron

• hi again, the next question: situation: turn 1 german fleet attacks UK, german battleship is on his side for get 1 hit and is in seazone 9 and lets say alone, than the russian in turn 1 put his battle ship in seazone 10.
    Turn 2 the german battleship wants to attack the russian, when the german moves in seazone 10 where is a naval to repair, is the german battleship repaired before he attack the rusian ore must he start the fight with still one hit already

greetings ron

• Morning brunssum.
    The German Battleship is  still damaged. Repairs happen at the beginning of the turn, before combat. The NB is in SZ10, not SZ9, where the German Battleship begins its turn.
    Sorry!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m