Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

Oh great… Hundreds more minis to paint…  :|

• hey FMG have you come up with how many each type of units each contry will get??

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Is there an echo in here……?

• @Variable:

Is there an echo in here……?

Yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…yes…

• 2024 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Brain:

Yeah but are the molds being made or are they already made?

The ITALIAN mold will be made soon.  Just have to finish up the planes and a few odds n ends.

In the interests of funding this project and to make sure everyone gets them sooner than later we will release the Nations as we go…  and have a COMPLETE set for sale at the end.

Well for me that just means picking up each nation as they come out (provided shipping isn’t and issue. :O) ) and then the complete set at the end.  :mrgreen:

What Italian fighters are you looking at?

FIGHTERS
      Fiat G.50 Freccia
      Fiat G.55 I Centauro
      Macchi MC.200 Saetta
      Macchi MC.202 Folgore
      Macchi MC.205V Veltro
      Reggiane Re.2000 Falco
      Reggiane Ariete
      Reggiane Re.2002
      Reggiane Ariete II
      Reggiane Sagittario

Personally I like the  Macchi MC.200 Saetta.  Mainly because it has a very distinct shape from other fighters of the period. With how the engine cowling is.

As to the manufacturing place has a two-week holiday…that would be nice but that also tells me it might be a Chinese holiday.

At any rate great job and am loving my three sets of dice!  Although I have not played a game with them yet.

Well let me take that back.  My 2 year old and me have lined them up in side the new dice tower as well. Then have the WOW factor when we roll them in the dice tower.

“Oh wow”  “Oh Jeeze” are a few of his sayings right now.  :-D

Sean

• 2024 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@Yoper:

As to the manufacturing place has a two-week holiday…that would be nice but that also tells me it might be a Chinese holiday.

That or it is just Jeremy’s fellow Canadians making a break for warmer climes at this time of the year.  :lol:

Or they are big Winter Olympics fans.  :-D

Yea, forgot about the Olympics.  Even though I have been watching them on TIVO.

• '10

Not much news at the moment…  our factory just got off vacation.  AND YES, I have been very busy and occupied with the Olympics.

• The most important thing for these pieces is that they match EXACTLY the colors in AA42/AA50/AAP&E40 of the combatants. if you are going to charge for plastic pieces, make them useful!

I’ve read that the pieces will match the combat dice - that is great, but the combat dice can closely approximate the colors of the pieces and it is ok (they are not on the actual board) - however, the FMG pieces will be intermixed with stock A&A so it is extremely important that they match.

• STAY ON TOPIC.

• hey FMG when you make the chinese set will make 1 natinolist sculp and 1 communist for the infantry?

• @reloader-1:

The most important thing for these pieces is that they match EXACTLY the colors in AA42/AA50/AAP&E40 of the combatants. if you are going to charge for plastic pieces, make them useful!

I’ve read that the pieces will match the combat dice - that is great, but the combat dice can closely approximate the colors of the pieces and it is ok (they are not on the actual board) - however, the FMG pieces will be intermixed with stock A&A so it is extremely important that they match.

The FMG dice match the A&A pieces in color, so if the FMG pieces match the FMG dice in color, one  can therefore conclude that the FMG pieces will match the A&A pieces in color.

• Brain,

Correct - except for Germany. Hence my post - I really feel this is the make or break key to fiscal success for FMG. (I have seen too many plastic-pieced games fail because they overlooked the #1 market, A&A fans)

• Does anyone have the pre-order link handy? Been checking the older posts but I haven’t seen it yet.

• Its not established yet, when it is you will the the second to know.

• @Stormhawke4107:

Does anyone have the pre-order link handy? Been checking the older posts but I haven’t seen it yet.

We’re all waiting for this, it does not exist yet. Keep checking here and at the FMG site.

• '10

I did not see tactical bombers on the list. Have I missed somthing?

• @Fishmoto37:

I did not see tactical bombers on the list. Have I missed somthing?

Their last list included a dive bomber, so I am guessing that will be the tactical bomber you are looking for.

• '10

OK Thanks Brain. Thought it would be a waste without a dive bomber.

• TripleA '12

Hey Field Marshal Games, is there anything at all new that you can tell us? I’m dying for more info here. Please!!  :-) I wanna get my hands on the Italians!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m