Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• FMG: Are making new pieces for China also? And I’m in for a pre-order!  :-D

• I’m not uninterested in this project but personally don’t have a lot of call for additional pieces. Being on the fence on the matter I’ve felt I should ‘stay out.’

However just re-sculpts of the pieces I have would be of less interest than an additional set of pieces that could be their own units or generic units. A Tiger Tank sculpt would be of more utility than a more accurate panther sculpt.

Basically agreeing with IL.

• Official Q&A

Of course, that assumes that the new pieces are at least close in color to the official ones.  If they’re too different, they’re not of much use as specialized unit types.

• Color is supposed to match the battledice, but even if a bit different I think they could still suffice to work with current pieces.  Some Paintskreig could always fix your ills.  And since they’d have to be at least re-sculpted designs of the original units they could function as extensions of unit types from the original or stand-alones that simply replace all the originals.

• @LuckyDay:

Color is supposed to match the battledice, but even if a bit different I think they could still suffice to work with current pieces.  Some Paintskreig could always fix your ills.  And since they’d have to be at least re-sculpted designs of the original units they could function as extensions of unit types from the original or stand-alones that simply replace all the originals.

Neato, someone using the term “Paintkrieg”. I wonder if i can claim coinage of that ;)

Anywho, as long as the model quality is good i will buy, I would prefer new units, but the colour wont phase me as I will paint them.

I can see how people would want the new plastics as close as possible to the originals though

• I would be content if the pieces matched the battle dice. Besides WOTC/AH already has so many variations in their national colors…Japanese in 3 colors…Germans in 4…

• '10

(Back from vacation and well rested….  Back to work)

I understood going into this that it would be impossible to make EVERYONE 100% happy but I am sure the final product will be acceptable to everyone.

So far we are resolved on the following:

The colors with match the COMBAT DICE

The number of the units for each nation will be the same (no cheaping out on some)  Each nation will have around 200 units so they can be used for ANY AAA game or varient aswell as other WW2 games.

The quality and detail of the units will be far superior to ANYTHING that has been released to date.

We are going to to make TWO sculpts for INF and ARM for each nation.  They will be the same color but will give the game a great look OR can be used for varient rules etc…

As for Naval units and Air units we will stick with the ICONIC types.  (I think we will do the Hurricane for UK as this is more historiclay acurate)

The bases will fit on AAA chips with the same rounded base type

If this goes off well we will continue with the line and do FRENCH, ANZAC, CANADIAN, POLISH, SPANISH, TURKISH and other types.  But to start we will do the SIX nations in AA50.

We are working on all six of the moulds concurently but the first off the production line will be the ITALIANS.  These will be shipped to all those who have pre-orders so you have something to show for your investment as soon as possible.  I hope the release of the ITALIANS will show the quality of the product and increase the interest thus making it alot easier to fund the entire set. (without having to morgage my house  :|)

More details on the final set and pre-order information will follow soon.

Thanks

Jeremy

• ANZAC? ANZAC! ANZAC!!!

Explodes!!!

• I am very excited to here of the developments in this project!! If we can get it to work, it will be the ultimate “screw you” to the plastic Nazis at Hasbro/Wizards/Avalon Hill….

(Laughs maniacally…)

When they come up with their lame response to this prodject, we will reply:

(Thick Spanish accent)
      "Pieces? Pieces!! We don’t need no stinkin’ pieces!!!

• very happy with how you’re approaching the sculpts for the pieces FMG’s, keep up the good work

• When and how much do you need per sets on pre-order?

Jeff

• '10

@ElCapitan:

When and how much do you need per sets on pre-order?

Jeff

Next week we will have the pre-order system set up.  We are aiming at 200 pre-orders to do the entire project.  That is almost half the cost.  FMG will put up the other half.

We also have a surprise that will be revealed at the same time  :-D

• '10

We are aiming at 200 pre-orders to do the entire project.

That’s a tall order.  I hope we can do it.

By the way, out of curiosity, have you decided on the units fro each country?  I think all of us would like to know. :-D

Thanks

• well i will get like 5 sets, so you only have to sell 195 sets now.

• Im keen on a pre order.

Mainly just to paint them, after 3 weeks or so im 1/3 of the way through painting my AA50 set. So hurry up already ;)

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I certainly will pre-order.

K

• '10

As the sculpts come out I will report on the types.  Right now we are just finalizing the costs with the factory, collecting and making sculpts and finalizing the set.  We are also busy because the ITALY and CHINA COMBAT DICE will be ready in two weeks so we have that launch and all the work that goes with it.

As for the surprise:  We will have a draw for an awesome prize for all the members who participate in the pre-order.  For Each pre-order your name will go in a British WW2 helmet…  We will draw the name once the 200 level is reached and ship the PRIZE to the winner…  (I sooo want to tell you the details but I am sworn to secrecy until it is ready for release  :-o)  This is just a little thanks to all those who are helping with this project.  We will make a YOUTUBE video of this event so all can see that it was fair etc…

• Are you gonna be posting pics of the units?
    that’s what will probably win me over in the end :wink:

• '10

@bbrett3:

Are you gonna be posting pics of the units?
    that’s what will probably win me over in the end :wink:

As we are doing this from scratch, we have no units at this time to show.  Just making the molds and getting the sculpts together is an expensive task, that is why we are having the community help with the pre-order.  If I had that kind of cash lying under a mattress somewhere I would have produced them already and have pictures everywhere…

We are doing the prize give away as a thanks and an incentive to help pay for some of the enormous upfront costs.  I will not see any units myself until after I have spent about 7K on the first mold.  As soon as I have the first proto-types, I will post here.

• count me in for the pre-order  :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m