• Sponsor

Let me clarify….

Teams that I think will make the playoffs without any problems…

1. Chicago
    All the tools needed to dominate, Leadership (Toews) Skill (Kane, Hossa, Sharp), Defense (Kieth, Seabrook)… and Goaltending has answered the critics.

2. San Jose
    They will again make the playoffs without any problems, their past playoff failures are not what I measure as a present indication. If anything, their chances of succeeding are greater because of their awareness of failure, This spot could easily be shared by Vancouver.

3. New York Islanders
    The maturity of one of the best (Traveres) and the most underrated forward in the league (Molson), and the most under appreciated defenseman (Striet) with a very proven goalie (Nabokov). This team will easily make the playoffs.

4. Montreal
    New Coach, New Philosophy, New management, All star Defenseman (Markov), All star goalie (Price), best mix of youth (Paciretty, Suban, Galager, Galchenyek) and veterans (Cole, Gionta, Georges) in the conference, best goals against vs. goals for ratio, and a top power play. Lethal combination of grit, skill and confidence. With the way they support the puck, and force quick transitions, they will make the playoffs (IMO).

5.  7 way tie…
        Toronto (well coached, despite their defense)
       Pittsburgh (Top end skill despite the lost confidence of Flury)
       Vancouver (Great goaltending despite the trade rummers)
       New York Rangers (the best line in the NHL despite everything else)
       Boston (Could very easily be 4th on this list despite the inexperience in net)
       Ottawa (great Chemistry, and superb goaltending despite losing their best player)
        Minnesota (Everything is there despite the coaching, and Goaltending)

Teams that will miss the playoffs for sure:

Philadelphia
    Washington
    Columbus
    Calgary

Please don’t be offended by my list… it’s all in good fun (and Hell Ya! I’m bias, aren’t we all?).

• fun reading gents, I am learning allot.

I am a Football fan first (much more knowledgeable about that sport) but hockey is a close second.  I love my team (Blackhawks), and it is good to learn more about the other good teams in the league.

I would agree with the (albeit a homer) view that Chicago should go far this year.  Their goaltending play is much improved.  Emery won the Calgary game himself, something you have not seen in Chicago since Neimi did this in the Stanley Cup winning year.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Let me clarify….

Teams that I think will make the playoffs without any problems…

1. Chicago
    All the tools needed to dominate, Leadership (Toews) Skill (Kane, Hossa, Sharp), Defense (Kieth, Seabrook)… and Goaltending has answered the critics.

2. San Jose
    They will again make the playoffs without any problems, their past playoff failures are not what I measure as a present indication. If anything, their chances of succeeding are greater because of their awareness of failure, This spot could easily be shared by Vancouver.

3. New York Islanders
    The maturity of one of the best (Traveres) and the most underrated forward in the league (Molson), and the most under appreciated defenseman (Striet) with a very proven goalie (Nabokov). This team will easily make the playoffs.

4. Montreal
    New Coach, New Philosophy, New management, All star Defenseman (Markov), All star goalie (Price), best mix of youth (Paciretty, Suban, Galager, Galchenyek) and veterans (Cole, Gionta, Georges) in the conference, best goals against vs. goals for ratio, and a top power play. Lethal combination of grit, skill and confidence. With the way they support the puck, and force quick transitions, they will make the playoffs (IMO).

5.  7 way tie…
        Toronto (well coached, despite their defense)
       Pittsburgh (Top end skill despite the lost confidence of Flury)
       Vancouver (Great goaltending despite the trade rummers)
       New York Rangers (the best line in the NHL despite everything else)
       Boston (Could very easily be 4th on this list despite the inexperience in net)
       Ottawa (great Chemistry, and superb goaltending despite losing their best player)
        Minnesota (Everything is there despite the coaching, and Goaltending)

Teams that will miss the playoffs for sure:

Philadelphia
    Washington
    Columbus
    Calgary

Please don’t be offended by my list… it’s all in good fun (and Hell Ya! I’m bias, aren’t we all?).

A compelling analysis, even if I don’t quite agree with some of the choices in #5.

• Come on. Offense tight first period  back home after 2 weeks. Go Blackhawks.

• Been on hiatus from this site but glad to be back, rough one to swallow as a hardcore blackhawks fan last night, but I can’t be too critical with all the success so far.  Go BlackHawks!

• '17 '16 '15

yea how many PP do you need?

the goalie for anaheim looked pretty good

• Ha Ha HA as many as you can get.

• Sponsor

How can you rip the Hawks for a loss after the start they’ve had? … and I thought Montreal fans were tough.

• How about them Sharks? HA HA HA HA!  If it walks like a Duck, talks like a Duck…oh wait…at least the Ducks have won once!  More like, if it walks like a Blue Jacket…

Sharks do, always have, and always will…blow goats.

• Sponsor

@Mallery29:

How about them Sharks? HA HA HA HA!  If it walks like a Duck, talks like a Duck…oh wait…at least the Ducks have won once!  More like, if it walks like a Blue Jacket…

Sharks do, always have, and always will…blow goats.

They should change their name to the goats.

Are those Islanders for real? I think they will earn a playoff spot.

• Blackhawks add to the record, they are on an unprecedented roll right now.

• Da Da Dut Da Da Da      Da Da Dut Da Da Da      Da Da Dut Da Da Da

Da Da Dut Da Da Da

@SS:

Da Da Dut Da Da Da      Da Da Dut Da Da Da      Da Da Dut Da Da Da

Da Da Dut Da Da Da

How tremendously annoying… and I like Chicago.

• Yes it can be.  :roll:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Pfftp.

@Gargantua:

Pfftp.

:-P

That’s your trademark though.

• :-D Trolly  :-D

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

Pfftp.

:-P

That’s your trademark though.

Well said sir… ;)

• So much for Montreal’s Defense!  Bring on the 'Hawks……Time to bring that Cup back to Pittsburgh!

• Ha Ha Ha  The Blackhawks started the war. Get over it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m