Axis and Allies Europe 1940 2nd Edition ( AAE40.2) FAQ/question

• So even if they have no attcak value you can destroy them during an attack instead of another unit
    it doesn’t make sense

• Their attack value is represented by the fighters they carry! But they don’t contribute directly to the battle. They can still be sunk tho (soak hits)

• Can it really be true, that Great Britain have free acces to take Greece in their non combat move? As we placed the units when trying the SE setup, there was nothing to do, to prevent them taking greece.

Or, if an attack to the italian fleet in was successful in seazone 97, Great Britain could actually take Yugoslavia???

I can’t see anything prohibiting this in the rules, but can it really be true, that this is possible?

• Hi Rednalyn. Yes, they can.
    The downside is that you are activating a Nation Germany or Italy  was probably going to invade anyway, so activating it will play into their hands.
    The UK only has that one Transport in the Med, if they lose it to an Axis counterattack, they could lose Egypt and any other attacking options. . Egypt is a VP city and Italy’s one contribution to a European Axis victory.(Germany takes Russia for the other three.) the Allies must hold it.
    Yugoslavia should have already been attacked by Germany and their 5 Inf eliminated.

• Thanks for your reply.

I think your are right. It’s very exciting with these new rules and setup, haven’t played any of the alpha setups, so its a big step :)

• Can a lonely sub in sz 109 convoy disrupt both Scotland an UK?

• @Juhlius:

Can a lonely sub in sz 109 convoy disrupt both Scotland an UK?

In theory, yes, but in game play, no, a single sub cannot disrupt both Scotland and UK.  Vessels in SZ 109 can disrupt both Scotland and UK, but no more than the combined 8 IPC value (2 Scotland + 6 UK).  A single sub can’t cause that much disruption, though.  You roll two dice (subs only) and add the rolls of 1, 2, or 3.  So the most a single sub can disrupt is 6 IPCs.  If you had two naval war vessels in SZ 109, it’d be possible to max out at 8 IPCs.  Hope that answers your question.

• When the USA is not at war can its sea units go to sea zone 121?

• Official Q&A

Yes.  However, they will be stuck there until the US either goes to war or builds a naval base in Greenland.

• A question about the naval bases: does one naval base service all adjectend sea zones? My understanding is yes, but it seems rather wrong with for example Karelia and its two sea zones…

• '16

And your understanding would happen to be correct.
    A Naval base will serve all adjacent sea zones.

As for Karelia, I only see one adjacent sea zone…

• hello, me and my buddy have been playing the original 1940.  we tried playing the with the second edition rules recently.  does any good axis player know any strategies for this version?  it seems the italian navy is spread out vunerable and gets completely destroyed by the uk in turn one making it next to impossible to build transports and protection to get over to north africa with 10 ipcs.  Also for germany…the russians get a additional 9 ipcs bonus each turn for that far eastern territory.  It was hard enough taking russia down in 5-6 turns and now they get that bonus.  Also with having the uk and usa turns go back to back it is crippling for germany when it comes to allied stragetic bombing raids.  Any help please?? havent found any forums on the second edition strategies here.

• '12

@ch0senfktard:

As for Karelia, I only see one adjacent sea zone…

They may be referring to Lake Ladoga, which is not a game space.

• Hi question to Naval Movement: :?

In SZ 113 there is a German and a Russian submarine.
    Germany and Russia are in war. There was no combat.
    In NCM, I can´t move the german sub out of SZ 113 to another SZ, this happens in TripleA but based on what rule? Thxs

• @Babubaer:

Hi question to Naval Movement: :?

In SZ 113 there is a German and a Russian submarine.
    Germany and Russia are in war. There was no combat.
    In NCM, I can’t move the german sub out of SZ 113 to another SZ, this happens in TripleA but based on what rule? Thxs

What exactly happened during Combat Move phase?
    What map (version) are you referring to?

• Hi P@nther,

Game Version TripleA 1.6.1.4
    Europe Map: Version 3.0

There is no battle in SZ 113, some battle around other territorys.

I can reproduce the error in a different sea zone also, lets say in SZ 93. Southern France is germany, a german submarine and an us submarine, and the same thing happen, i can´t move the german sub in NCM, i can only move in Combat Phase. 
    So my question is, based on what rule?

If it is necessary i can attach a savefile the only difference is than that 3 german subs starts their turn in SZ 113, but one has moved out in Combat Move, but as I say the same happens in a test in SZ 93 which has only a german sub and an us sub.
    I just wanted to keep as simple as possible in the description.

• Babubaer, I sent you a PM for further discussion (in German language).
    We will be back in English when we have found the solution.

• You have to move the sub out of the hostile sz during combat move. If you don’t then you are declaring combat in that sz. When it’s only subs then your opponent would most likely submerge so combat doesn’t really occur.
    I don’t have 2e…but it’s on page 13 of 1e under Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones

• thxs Captain Walker, :-)

you are right, TripleA ask me everytime “Attack Submarine in SZ 113” and than I press “No” and after that I try in the NCM to move out the sub from SZ 113, but i can´t do it, and the reason is like you say! @captain:

You have to move the sub out of the hostile sz during combat move. If you don’t then you are declaring combat in that sz. When it’s only subs then your opponent would most likely submerge so combat doesn’t really occur.
    I don’t have 2e…but it’s on page 13 of 1e under Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones

Thanxs for help!

• Official Q&A

Except that sea zone isn’t hostile.  Enemy subs and/or transports do not make a sea zone hostile.  If the German sub didn’t make a combat movement or participate in combat, it can move in noncombat movement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m