• Yeah like french fries. :lol:

• @Brain:

yeah, but was it a good reason?

As it is several of the involved nations are going to be sitting on the sidelines. What did each major power do in 1939 that could be represented on board?
    Germany: Invaded Poland (I must admit, this would be cool in game) [Moving troops from Germany to West Poland]
    UK: Built up their forces in preparation for war. Didn’t actually participate in any real fights. [Spending ICs on troops]
    France: Marched troops in Germany but chickened out before a fight actually happened. Also built up. [Spending ICs on troops]
    US: The same things its doing in 1940, building its navy a bit and hoping Europe can deal with its own problems. [Spending a few ICs on ships]
    Japan: The same things its doing in 1940, fighting China. [Fighting in China, moving troops from Japan to China]
    China: The same things its doing in 1940, trying to not be conquered by the Japanese. [Fighting in China]
    USSR: The winter war. [Attacking Finland through Karelia, failing] and attacking an already-defeated Poland [Attacking a pitiful force in East Poland]
    ANZAC: Damn near nothing
    Italy: Preparing to help Germany invade France [Spending ICs on troops]

So all a '39 version would mean is that almost every player has another turn of doing absolutely nothing while the German player attacks Poland. In addition to the added complexity of who enters the war when, a '39 version would have little to offer to make up for the extra boredom of every player except one doing so little. And what if the German player doesn’t attack Poland? How would the rules handle this? It would definitely add a metric ton of rules complexity without much benefit. So, unless you have a fetish for turns where all the player does is spend ICs, I don’t see why '39 would be so awesome. Go play Hearts of Iron if you really want an alternate diplomatic experience, that gane’s much better suited for that sort of thing. A&A is about the war itself.

• I guess 1939 would be lame…

• 1939 would give Germany more options but it might upset the balance of the game.

• A few things to the last version of the map:

Low Countries should be Neutral/allied Leaning as Germany attacked them and France during the same time.

Crete is still Greek owned in 1940 (not UK)

Aden should be UK Posession

Southwest Africa - wrong better call it Cameroon

IraQ - not UK posession in 1940 - they were independent and fought a war against the Brits AFTER the fall of France

Falklands are located wrong (its Fireland IIRC)

Argentine Axis leaning - OK maybe, but giving them Chile and Paraguay too ?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

actually the most commonly spoken language in france today is arabic, and not french.

Come on, you cannot say that serioulsy!  :lol: And well, at least here in Spain we the people don’t have a idea of speak arab. Maybe Covadonga did the job?  :-D

• low countries cant be neutral…game takes place AFTER Dunkirk….so obviously germany had already gone through the low countries

Southwest africa - that is one of the names larry used for one of the british territories in a list of all british african territories

my mistake with the falklands

• @Brain:

Yeah like french fries. :lol:

those are Belgian!
    :D

• @i:

@oztea:

larry is keeping pretty tight lipped on this

you forgot about canada!!! :x :cry:
    why did you do that
    again i say canada is the best country on earth!!! :-)

Only because you have such a good neighbor. :-D

• @i:

@Brain:

@i:

@oztea:

why did you do that

whos that BD

Why the United States of course.

• @Brain:

@i:

@Brain:

@i:

@oztea:

why did you do that

whos that BD

Why the United States of course.

:-o :-o I thought you meant France! :-o :-o

• Microsoft and Intel

• weve made pretty much everything else

• @i:

hey the last two post disiperd mabe the posters died :-o :roll: :?

Maybe their posts were removed by our moderator.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m