• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Oh, uif Moscow counted as a Japanese VC as well as European one, that might be a different story.

• TripleA

Jen please join garg’s team tournament. Don’t worry about who you get as a partner.

Take Veqryn for example who has me as a team mate, I do pretty crazy gambits and so does Veqryn, so it is going to be wild.

• @Cow:

Jen please join garg’s team tournament. Don’t worry about who you get as a partner.

Take Veqryn for example who has me as a team mate, I do pretty crazy gambits and so does Veqryn, so it is going to be wild.

Yeah Jenn…come join us in the tournament. It will be a riot!

• There was never anything unbalanced about the Pac-Strat, Jen, even though you were very vocal about it.
    It beat Sealion.  Hooray.
    So if Axis were smart enough not to foolishly do Sealion, they could still very much win.

Ta-da!

• TripleA

there is a reason why japan should go for his money and NOs. KJF is too easy with a too broke japan and it is easy to stall russia.

In alpha 2, American Pac-Strat won 100% of the time I played it, and I played some really good players on here as well.

In Alpha 3, it’s boneheaded because you have NOs in the Atlantic and because England/Calcutta could get totally slammed.

In Alpha 3.9, who knows?

• TripleA

KJF is as viable as a split income strategy.

Please play a game of global, preferably join garg’s tournament.

@Cow:

KJF is as viable as a split income strategy.

Please play a game of global, preferably join garg’s tournament.

Hesitant to join a tournament until I play at least one game of 3.9.

• TripleA

join first, play a game while you wait for it to start. It is not that different from the previous version, taking london is not a cheese move anymore and calcutta still falls (assuming japan is playing for his victory cities and national objectives).
    ~

Just play italy for italy’s objectives however you want. Play germany for london or russia. Play japan for boats and oceans. Axis are good in those circumstances (where you are actually trying to do your national objectives or go for victory cities like capitals of allied nations).

When you do things outside of that, that is when the axis run into problems. Like Russia making +19 off of Africa for his national objective, which is why italy should not buy land units throughout the game and why germany should help sink some naval. Also it is wise to throw the two bombers at caucasus from west germany and land in romania to take out russian mech or tank if it means stopping russia from taking iraq/persia for a bit longer. These are wise decisions to stop national objectives.

Italy success in africa is very important in stopping the russians from taking italian territories in africa.

Sea lion is still strong and everyone who plays knows this.

Both sides face problems when they do not go for their objectives. Most people race for the win instead of play the income game, because there are more incentives to be aggressive now.

~
    I really don’t understand why you are resisting so much. The community is finally happy with a version of global and you resist!

If you think axis are at a disadvantage you are sorely mistaken, most people prefer playing as the axis as polls suggest.

The Russian income trick is the only thing people have an issue with currently… but at the same time it is the only thing keeping russia alive should italy skip naval play and/or japan double team russia with germany. So yeah… I can understand why it is worded that way. I believe the russian NO should exclude africa and russia should get a bomber as compensation, because bombers are cool and more fun for russian players who decide to play aggressive.

What trick is that?

(Russian Income Trick) - or is it that craptastic Ireland and Med Islands thing.  Thought they fixed htat.

• TripleA

no it involves taking iraq (2 for territory +3 national objective). ethiopia and somalia for +6 NO and tobruk and that other italian spot for  +6 more NO.

Basically you need to do some africa play with italy and germany needs to help you out there. Otherwise russia will bank off of it.

I cant imagine Russia getting anything down there, but I’ll take your word for it.

• TripleA

russia starts with 2 mech 2 tanks. reserve persia for russia. bam 2 inf 1 mech 1 tank. take iraq bam 1 mech 1 tank leftover usually. bam move to egypt from iraq. bam take the spots bam reinforced by allies. bam take the last two spots then go home. :D

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26969.0

or you can use a transport. the uk pac fleet can guard it just fine.

• Question about transports. I’m playing a game as UK right now and Germany is preparing for a Sea Lion. His transports are in sz2 but his invasion force is in Normandy. If I place naval unit in sz110 will that prevent Germany from being able to load his transports during the combat movement phase of his next turn?

• if you mean SZ112, then yes. Beware of the Italian bomber as it could  reach  your naval buy and sink it and clear Germany’s path.

• TripleA

hello cmdr jennifer,

thank you for creating this thread.

can you please update your first post as there have been changes according to larry’s site. a couple that i have noticed is the setup of the german navy and how sbr’s are done.

• I have a few questions about the Alpha +3 map file :

1). Is the Alpha +3 game map file on page 1 of this thread the latest and greatest map for Alpha +3?

2). If so, do you downloand, unzip it and install it over your last Battlemap file?

3). Is there a .gim folder that needs to be installed in the same directory as the Battlemap file?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• TripleA

page 1 is not updated at all, so no. cmd Jen has to do an update to the post.

I don’t use battlemaps so I can’t tell you.

• @Commando:

I have a few questions about the Alpha +3 map file :

1). Is the Alpha +3 game map file on page 1 of this thread the latest and greatest map for Alpha +3?

2). If so, do you downloand, unzip it and install it over your last Battlemap file?

3). Is there a .gim folder that needs to be installed in the same directory as the Battlemap file?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. I don’t know.

2. You cannot simply use any photo in ABattlemap. It has to be compatible to the sektorinfo- and mapinfo-files in ABattlemap.
    If you really want to know more about it see this thread:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18773.0

3. There is a global40-gim downloadable here:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22837.0
    But I’m afraid it does not reflect the latest setup.

In any case I recommend you to use TripleA.
    See for example:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25868.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26989.0

Anyway, the Software section of this forum gives you a lot of detailled information.
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=53.0

HTH :-)

@Cow:

page 1 is not updated at all, so no. cmd Jen has to do an update to the post.

I don’t use battlemaps so I can’t tell you.

Yea, I should update the first page.  I have not yet.  Updates are buried in the thread, but yes, I should update the first post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m