• @Cmdr:

And why isnt Schnapps on the list?  Eh?  Or some nice wine coolers or something sweet and filled with alcohol?

This expanded list raises what could be a fun question: if every player in Global 1940 was required to drink the type of alcohol most typically (or perhaps most stereotypically) associated with the country he or she is playing – with the restriction that the same drink can’t be used for more than one country – what would the list look like?  I guess sake would be the obvious choice for Japan, red wine for France and vodka for Russia, but it gets more complicated for the others.  Beer or white wine – or Jennifer’s Schnapps – for Germany?  Gin or beer for Britain?  If France gets the red wine, what does Italy get?  What about China and the U.S.?  There are certain alcohols of classically American origin, like bourbon, but which one could be considered the signature drink of the U.S.?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

/shrug, all the others are kinda bitter and I like sweet candy like drinks…I guess I could settle for a Margaritta or something…

• '12

It was actually a complete copy and paste.  The punch line was Churchill to Lady Astor in any event.  I wonder who could drink who under the table, Churchill or Roosevelt?  I’d imagine Stalin would keep pace or set the pace?

Jack Daniels for the Americans, rye whiskey for the Canucks, Gin for the Brits.  Now for the French, hmmmm, whatever rolls over really well I guess……

Patton would drink em all under the table, then shoot them and invade Moscow.

• Just sticking to the 42 board -
    America - whiskey
    Germany - Beer
    Russia - vodka
    Japan - sake
    UK- Gin

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Now for the French, hmmmm, whatever rolls over really well I guess……

Absinth. But after a few ones the French player might start hallucinating…

• Added a the XX drink to the poll (XX like the genes).

• @Col.Stauffenberg:

Just sticking to the 42 board -
    America - whiskey
    Germany - Beer
    Russia - vodka
    Japan - sake
    UK- Gin

i say UK should be sherry and america should be more specifically bourbon, to be more distinctly native =)

• TripleA '12

There was no option for milk (and an appropriate annecdote) so I voted for option 5.

“I wouldn’t drink bovine lactose at any temperature.”
    ~Teal’c

• Beer
    Wine
    Ceasar
    Coffee

Repeat

• Beer & Baileys

• Cold beer … very cold beer.

• In later life, Churchill’s health was fading and his doctor asked what he drank in a typical day; he replied:
          “Vodka and water in the morning, gin and water at lunch, rye and water with supper, and scotch and water all evening.”

His doctor suggested he cut down on his drinking (for health reasons), so he obliged; he cut out the water!

• I’m a big beer drinker so i drink beer when i play it. Though i drink beer when i play AAE1940

• I’m a big beer drinker as well, but I limit myself when playing AA42. More than 2, and the strategic element goes away. “Yeah, 1 BB, 1DD 1TRN, and germany should be able to take Brazil, GO!!!”

My favorites beer brands for AA42 are Harpoon (New england) and Archibald (Lac Beauport, Quebec).

• Good bourbon. Take a shot every combat and the game gets interesting very, very quickly.

• I’ve found myself starting off with high caffeine, and rest of the night depends……

For same strange reason, there seems to be an inverse relationship to alcohol and winning…i find switching to alcohol lessens my chances of winning,  but i sure seem to have a lot of fun losing .

Staying with the caffeine seems to help me win, but it  too stressful…

(i haven’t tried both, i heard it’s not good for your health)

• '10

Water.

Now if the questions was ‘What do you smoke while playing AA42?’, then I might have a more interesting answer. :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m