OOB Oysteilo +40 v Gamerman01 with tech - UHD map

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Britishamericanamerican

Hmmm british american american

• 👍
    I like how you allow for the possibility of a perfect Italian roll -

Now there is no way my turn can be delayed!

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 10

TripleA Turn Summary for game: UHD World War II Global

Game History

Round: 10

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 2 fighters and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Italians
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Chile
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Argentina
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Venezuela
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Sweden
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Switzerland
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Spain
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Portugal
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Turkey
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Saudi Arabia
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Afghanistan
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Mozambique
            Trigger Italians Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Angola

Combat Move - Italians
            1 fighter moved from Southern France to Gibraltar
            1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to Gibraltar
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Gibraltar

Combat - Italians
            Air Battle in Gibraltar
                Italians attacks with 3 units heading to Gibraltar
                British launches 4 interceptors out of Gibraltar
                    Attackers Fire,  : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Defenders Fire,  : 0/4 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the British lost in Gibraltar
                Air Battle is over, the remaining bombers go on to their targets
            Strategic bombing raid in Gibraltar
                    British roll AA dice in Gibraltar : 0/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                Bombing raid in Gibraltar rolls: 3,3 and causes: 6 damage to unit: airfield
                Bombing raid in Gibraltar causes 6 damage total. 
            Cleaning up after air battles

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Bulgaria to Yugoslavia
            2 bombers moved from Gibraltar to France
            1 fighter moved from Southern France to Southern Italy
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 carrier moved from 97 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 92 Sea Zone
            3 aaGuns moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 mech_infantry moved from Southern France to Yugoslavia
            1 aaGun moved from Southern France to France
            2 infantry moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Greece to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from 97 Sea Zone to Northern Italy

Place Units - Italians
            2 fighters placed in Southern Italy
            1 infantry placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 16 PUs; end with 16 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 21 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

British AA : -0.33
    Defenders Fire,  : -0.67
    Attackers Fire,  : 0.50

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 10

Game History

Round: 10

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 fighter and 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 0 techTokens; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 fighter moved from Queensland to Hawaiian Islands
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry moved from Queensland to Northern Territory
            1 fighter moved from New South Wales to Northern Territory

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 fighter and 2 infantry placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 destroyer moved from 91 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

• I ROYALLY screwed up thinking the Italians could sink the French destroyer in 104!! Recalibrating!!

• Americans swarming abb4b020-f2df-4964-979e-f7539e34d73f-image.png

• Well that is the last tricky block the French destroyer will accomplish… 8e052a27-0a6a-474c-a5fd-64d992bc76fe-image.png

• @gamerman01 said in OOB Oysteilo +40 v Gamerman01 with tech - UHD map:

Well that is the last tricky block the French destroyer will accomplish… 8e052a27-0a6a-474c-a5fd-64d992bc76fe-image.png

yes, I would think so to… But its not enough for the allies I am afraid

• @gamerman01 said in OOB Oysteilo +40 v Gamerman01 with tech - UHD map:

I ROYALLY screwed up thinking the Italians could sink the French destroyer in 104!! Recalibrating!!

The destroyer saved the day for now, but next round :(

• Did you notice I rolled 2 aces on the bombing damage? I’m glad that wasn’t the AA

• LOL that’s about the 6th time you’ve encouraged me to win, with your words

Thanks!! You are so good at this game, but some big mistakes and some big luck for me

• And yes this is the last UHD game for me, it’s too much different.

I am actually playing an AA50 game against the AI in Triple A. I’ve never played AA50 in Triple A.
    And the AI is a lot better than AI I’ve played in the past. Scary.

Anyway, I like the ABattlemap for AA50 WAY better, and it’s another example of what a big difference badly drawn sea zones makes (and this UHD map has some pretty weird shapes for territories, am I right?)

Yeah, I noticed the snake eyes om bombing mission. Most likely it is my last game on this map too. The map and the calculator is not fully deceloped. There are similar errors in irag as in Korea when it comes to the battle calc.

• I’m going to finish G11 without your interceptor decision,

I will give you the possible advantage.

I’ll assume no intercepting and fly over the AA.
    You can decide whether to intercept after seeing the whole turn and the AA results.

The possible problem is if you intercept and hit twice, then I lose a bomber. If I take 1 AA shot, then which bomber is shot down? The one you hit with your interceptors, or the last remaining one?

To solve this potential problem, we may count the 2nd AA roll as shown in Triple A to be against the bomber that survives your possible 2 interceptor hits.

So if the 2nd AA hits, then you may decide to intercept and if you get 2 hits, then all of my planes are lost and you take no damage to the harbor.

• Your AA smoked a bomber, but it was the first one.
    Therefore if you intercept and get 2 hits, you would have hit the fighter and the first bomber.
    The first bomber was downed by AA and the 2nd bomber did the damage, so you would have to hit all 3 1’s to prevent the disabling of the naval base.

• I rarely play with the neutrals activated, you executed it nicely. I kind of hope I get to play a few rounds with them to get a little practice. Interesting how Spain also benefits the Axis for flyovers…

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 11

Game History

Round: 11

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 4x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 64 PUs; 
            Germans buy 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 2 infantry, 2 mech_infantrys and 3 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Germans
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Chile
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Argentina
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Venezuela
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Sweden
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Switzerland
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Spain
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Portugal
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Turkey
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Saudi Arabia
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Afghanistan
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Mozambique
            Trigger Germans Friendly With TrueNeutrals: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttachment attached to Angola

Combat Move - Germans
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Karelia to Novgorod
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Vyborg to Novgorod
            1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from 115 Sea Zone to Novgorod
            1 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Gibraltar
            2 bombers moved from Southern Italy to Gibraltar
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            1 carrier moved from 110 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from United Kingdom to 104 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            1 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
            1 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to 104 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Air Battle in Gibraltar
                Germans attacks with 3 units heading to Gibraltar
                Air Battle is over, the remaining bombers go on to their targets
            Strategic bombing raid in Gibraltar
                    British roll AA dice in Gibraltar : 1/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                1 bomber owned by the Germans killed by AA in Gibraltar
                Bombing raid in Gibraltar rolls: 7 and causes: 6 damage to unit: harbour
                Bombing raid in Gibraltar causes 6 damage total. 
            Battle in Novgorod
                Germans attack with 3 armour and 3 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 3 armour and 3 infantry in Novgorod, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Novgorod, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 artillery owned by the Russians lost in Novgorod
                Germans win, taking Novgorod from Russians with 3 armour and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 2 infantry
            Battle in 104 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 carrier and 4 fighters
                French defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 1 carrier and 4 fighters in 104 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 destroyer in 104 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the French lost in 104 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 carrier and 4 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for French: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Volgograd
                Germans attack with 3 artilleries and 2 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 factory_minor and 3 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 3 artilleries and 2 infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 3 infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Volgograd
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Volgograd
                    Germans roll dice for 3 artilleries and 1 infantry in Volgograd, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Volgograd, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Volgograd
                Germans win, taking Volgograd from Russians with 3 artilleries and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 3 infantry
            Battle in Baltic States
                Germans attack with 2 armour and 1 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 armour and 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Baltic States
                Germans win, taking Baltic States from Russians with 2 armour and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Cleaning up after air battles

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 aaGun moved from Finland to Vyborg
            1 infantry moved from Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Sweden
                  Germans take Sweden from Neutral_True
            1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Switzerland
                  Germans take Switzerland from Neutral_True
            1 fighter moved from 104 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            1 fighter moved from 104 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            2 fighters moved from 104 Sea Zone to France
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Eastern Poland to France
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 92 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Gibraltar to France
            1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 103 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 90 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            2 aaGuns moved from Rostov to Volgograd
            1 armour and 5 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Western Ukraine
            3 aaGuns, 8 armour, 6 artilleries, 31 infantry and 24 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Northern Italy
            1 submarine moved from 109 Sea Zone to 102 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            1 bomber and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany
            3 submarines placed in 109 Sea Zone
            1 carrier placed in 112 Sea Zone
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from United Kingdom: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Western Germany: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 62 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 77 PUs

French regular : -0.33
    British AA : 0.67
    Russians regular : -1.67
    Germans regular : 2.83

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

You made me dig deep, but that made for a very satisfying move.

See the notes I made before (before rolling and dice),

As it happened, your first AA roll hit, so like I said/called before the roll, that is the bomber that you would hit if you intercept and hit twice.

If you intercept, you can roll the dice, and if you hit once, I lose my fighter and it is then not on 92 carrier. If you hit twice, the second hit is considered to hit the bomber that went down by AA, so would have no effect. You would have to hit all 3 ones to prevent the damage to the naval base.

If you don’t understand or you disagree with my methods, I’m open to that since I used an unorthodox method to expedite the game.

If you choose to resign because you’re sick of the map and your Russians could hardly hit anything, that’s fine too

• I just noticed ANZAC transport off the strait of Magellan - fine with me if you move it 2 zones

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m