Is There a KJF Strategy in AA41?

• @Funcioneta:

@Subotai:

Without NOs, 41 is favored to allies. I didn’t play enough -NO games to determine how high bid the axis would need then, but probably less than in Revised. Same goes for the 42 scenario.

Disagree, 41 still favors axis and 42 is almost balanced in case of no NOs.

Now you’re saying that you don’t know how to play the game, you’re a n00b…… :roll:

Both scenarios are favored to axis with NOs, and both scenarios are favored to allies w/o NOs.

• Not sure what game you guys playing, I lost way more games as axis than with allies.

I always felt allies were stronger in both scenario. You just have to know how to play Russia agressively.

When I see players build stacks of russian infantry without any offensive pieces, I get very sad. :cry:

As for the topic, while I don’t think any kill x faction strategies are viable ( except perhaps killing Italy ), I certainly think it’s very possible to stall Japan so it does not have impact on Russia.

• '16 '15 '10

@Funcioneta:

@Subotai:

There is no need for more than a $9 bid to allies in AA50-41 +NOs, one unit pr. TT.

So, with one unit/TT, I’d say not. In case of full bid, I’d say I prefer playing Revised if we are going to revert to 100% of KGF games

I’d be pretty happy to get Allies in this setting.  The bid rarely goes over 8.  But in my limited experience Allies need to go aggressive after Germany/Italy for it to work.

Either way, atm I’m having much more fun playing AA41 than Revised (which is also mostly KGF), so not everyone agrees it is broken :)

One more problem for KJF is the economic effect of NOs.  It’s arguably easier to take away both Italy and Germany’s NOs than it is to take away Japan’s.  And if you have enough of a Pacific game going that you take away 1-2 Jap NOs, then you probably are allowing Western Axis to have 4, if not 5 of its NOs.  In this scenario, Allies can have a decent production/IPC lead but gradually fall behind on Total Unit Value because of Axis NO income.

42 is the better scenario for KJF because a stronger China and weaker Japan allows Allies a good shot at the Jap NOs early on…  The rub is that Germany being an absolute beast makes this extremely risky.

• I always felt allies were stronger in both scenario. You just have to know how to play Russia agressively.

Definitely not. Allies are at a huge disadvantage in 41. Although Axis is at a huge disadvantage in 42. Its unfortunate that neither scenario is balanced.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m