Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• The over-take of the Carolines went well, despite a killer japanese defence with 2 hits.

@AndrewAAGamer, I have a question regarding these particular 3-nation-turns: Would you allow us to be able to change things that are not affected by dice for the nation’s preceeding? Namely US and Ch while UK goes?

If you do, I believe it would speed things up considerably. US + UK are hefty turns and trying to handle this with feedback is a challenging task.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 4 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to 92 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            1 battleship and 1 cruiser moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 54 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands

Combat - Americans
            Battle in 92 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 bomber
                Italians defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Italians lost in 92 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Italians: 1 transport
            Battle in Caroline Islands
                Americans attack with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in Caroline Islands, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Caroline Islands, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 aaGun and 2 infantry in Caroline Islands, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 aaGun owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Caroline Islands
                Americans win, taking Caroline Islands from Japanese with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 aaGun and 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 transport moved from 86 Sea Zone to 89 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 3 infantry moved from Brazil to British Guiana
            1 carrier moved from 10 Sea Zone to 89 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to 89 Sea Zone
            1 carrier and 1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 51 Sea Zone to 89 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Hawaiian Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 10 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
            2 submarines moved from 10 Sea Zone to 30 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 10 Sea Zone to 89 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Hawaiian Islands to 89 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from 92 Sea Zone to British Guiana

Place Units - Americans
            1 carrier placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 101 Sea Zone
            4 transports placed in 101 Sea Zone
            2 fighters placed in Western United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans : 1,33
    Japanese : 1,33

Savegame

• Not finalized yet.

Now I want you to look at this position and tell me if you’re happy enough. After it’s finalized it’s likely stuck with us, depending on Andrew’s response to my previous inquiry.

I have one question which I’m not sure of, and that is to bring a second ac to z89.

I’d like to bring as little as possible, but still enough to be able to force the issue in Gibraltar despite reasonable maximum efforts by the nazis.

Now we’ll have 10 land and 4 air plus a cr shore-bombardment, with a follow up of 2-4 land, some air and shore-bombardment by UK.

I’d be crazy to try to hold Gibraltar as Axis looking at that.

Actually I play another game where Axis has succeeded with holding Gibraltar for maybe 10 turns, but at tremendous costs. They’re losing as a rock since both US and Russia overwhelms themin other parts of the board.

• @trulpen I probably would bring the carrier to 89 because I think you can afford the setback in the pacific but not in Gibraltar. Otherwise this looks good although I suspect axis can choose to hold it for another turn.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I agree. Send the CV to SZ 89. You aren’t going to immediately threaten the Japanese with it, but you can turn the tide in Med + Italy + Operation Torch. You can always send it back to the Pacific once the beach head is established.

• Ok, then it’s settled. We max up towards Europe. Sounded like it’s unexpected, but it was part of my plan already in US1. Wouldn’t have made a stronger threat from z101 anyway.

• Now the chinese have 16 to buy for. 1 art, 4 inf or 4 art? I love art with them, but they’re still in a position were they are on the defence. Still leaning towards art, putting pressure on the japs.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Chinese round 2

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Artillery Supplies: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Open
            Chinese buy 4 artilleries; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Shensi to Kweichow
            1 fighter moved from Burma to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
                  Chinese take Kwangsi from Japanese

Savegame

• My suggestion.

• The point of attacking Kweichow with 2 inf is that I’d prefer if J can’t land air there to protect the stack.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Absolutely agree. Kill Japanese inf at anytime with China. It’s their main advantage…land forces

• What about the buy? 4 or 5 units?

• Actually, I think that 4 inf, 1 art is stronger here.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

This early in the game, I buy artillery because I’m never sure I’ll be there again.

• Point is that I’d like to maximize primarily the defence.

• Every extra unit is very valuable. I’m going for the 4 inf, 1 art purchase.

• But of course only if we’re sure that we’ll be able to hold Yunnan for another turn.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Artillery Supplies: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Open
            Chinese buy 1 artillery and 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Shensi to Kweichow
            1 fighter moved from Burma to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
                  Chinese take Kwangsi from Japanese

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Kweichow
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Kweichow, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kweichow, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Kweichow, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kweichow, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Kweichow
                Chinese win, taking Kweichow from Japanese with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Place Units - Chinese
            1 artillery and 4 infantry placed in Yunnan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 9 PUs; end with 9 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Chinese : 0,33
    Japanese : -0,67

Savegame

• This was the chinese. Now we need to keep Calcutta safe, but also get stuff into Yunnan with UK.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

the next concern I have is defending India from next turn.
    Disappointed, we can’t kill lone transport without sacrificing CV, but hey that’s the game

I would plan on 2 inf + planes take shan State. Send 1-2 AA + 2 mob inf to Yunnan.
    Ftrs return to India to defend against SBR
    The tac ftr can go back to Yunnan.
    Pull back 4 inf+art+1AA and I believe you will defend at 20-80 against J3. So he won’t do it, but after taking down the rest of the DEI, we will need to plan for more reinforcements.

I guess since India is safe, we don’t have to move from Yunnan so it is safe for a turn as well. I which case, yes, go ahead a max out # of units.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m