Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

With only 3 Russian artillery, he can easily move his Poland slow-movers to Eastern Poland this turn. The slow movers from Romania can go to Bessarabia or Eastern Poland, depending on his preference on the Northern or Southern route around the Marshes. Nothing that you can do to slow him down on G3 or G4.

E Poland is a great square. I’m happy if he gets the mIC in Ukraine as late as possible. We can’t stop the conquest of Leningrad. If R builds only inf this turn, then G can enter in E Poland with a slight advantage on defence. Just building 3 mech by the front gives R a positive TUV-swing. Not sure how valid the threat is though. Russia is very happy with the abscence of luftwaffe anyway.

• @Saber25 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I like the all infantry buys for Russia. That is what has personally worked for me in my last few games. I don’t really have any understanding of can-openers or Italy’s role in Russia though. Are you planning to pull the eastern troops back or threaten the Japanese north in a few turns?

That’s a key issue. There are ups and downs for both ways. I want it discussed. Dissected.

• It seems to me that they don’t have much support and there is already a lot of Japanese infantry up there. They won’t really be able to be used offensively without additional aid, but they could stop you from hemorrhaging points in the far east. On the converse, it seems like there is a chance they make it back to Moscow, and that is a big addition to your man power meat shield. I usually like to pull them back, but that’s just my two cents.

• Maybe keeping up there slows down Japan though? But at what cost…?

• @Saber25 Those 12 Siberian troops are stuck in this game. Japan can easily pivot and wipe them out with the help of a few planes. They won’t be much resistance to the 10 inf+10 planes if chooses that option, although that distracts him for a couple of turns from the more valuable objective of the Money Islands and India.

There is no way that the 12 Siberian troops will make it back to Moscow. They will get wiped out by German troops + planes. I think that is an even smaller distraction since those German planes are never out of position to aide with other attacks.

• @trulpen I personally have been a supporter of the Northern Route because it allows the Germans to move into Bryansk on turn 5. In our separate game where you took the Southern Route, it is an additional turn or two before you can get threaten Moscow.

The Southern route has the advantage of the additional mIC and faster progress into the oil fields. I have seen many of the top players choose that option now.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@trulpen No do not pull back this turn. I suggest reinforcing Ukraine with 3 inf + whatever can move there. It will not stop G, but then you can pull back more units in Bryansk. Also, put all remaining buys in Moscow. Nothing up North. The point is that in 2 turns we should try to have as many as possible in Bryansk

• @surfer building 3 infantry in Ukraine should stop the Germans from attacking. They don’t have any airforce support, so would have to use 3 tanks to capture the town. Two of them would likely die in the attack and the final one could be killed with one Russian infantry next round. That would be an expensive loss for the Germans.

Add in a plane and Ukraine can’t even be attacked on G4. No Italian can opener to create a safe landing zone for those Gibraltar bombers if I count the squares right. A bit awkward for Germany not to have a bit of support with at least one German bomber and an Italian fast mover.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

They are only useful to bring back if you can get them to Moscow in time. To get the back in time, you need to make sure that you can delay the Germans from hitting Moscow with overwhelming force in rounds 6 and 7. To do that you likely need to put some pressure on them elsewhere and have air in the Middle East that can join them. You might need to calculate conservatively what those combats look like then and you will regardless need to be thinking about how Persia (and/or Norway) can be set up to provide air support to Moscow. I suspect that if you can set up to hold out until those units in Yakut arrive, you are probably not going to need them to arrive. And there is a huge risk that they will be too late. They don’t have much offensive power but they force Japan to commit if it wants to take the Soviet Eastern territories and that pulls units away from the South. I think a Japan attack there is more trouble than it is worth so I would leave them in Buryatia.

Also, I would put a mech and tank in Leningrad unless you are placing inf there. The air is probably safe, but an attack by two tanks is a low risk high payoff attack especially since so much of your offensive power as Russia is in those air.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

If it were for me, I would put the 12 infantry + 2 AA in Amur, the 6 infantry in Buratia and bring 1 fighter to Yenisey to have option to support a counter-attack with at least 7 infantry. This attack would require putting ships out of position,

One question, can Japan attack Buyant-Uhaa right after walking into Amur without putting all neutrals against them, or no?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

If Japan attacks Buyant-Uhaa, before they turn Russian, which they don’t do until after Japan’s combat round. Then its like attacking a True Neutral, all the other True Neutrals are allied against you.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@surfer

Thanks, very helpful. Then there are 9 infantry for the counter-attack, that’s quite good.

• @Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

One question, can Japan attack Buyant-Uhaa right after walking into Amur without putting all neutrals against them, or no?

No, it has to become russian first, which happens only at the end of their CM.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

On a note, the german trannie is a dead trannie.

No it’s not. G will build before R goes next turn. Think I somehow had the impression that R was in the war by now. Silly me.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 4 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            6 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Yenisey
            2 aaGuns and 12 infantry moved from Buryatia to Yakut S.S.R.
            3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            1 mech_infantry moved from Bryansk to Caucasus
            2 infantry moved from Caucasus to Rostov
            1 armour moved from Bryansk to Belarus
            1 aaGun moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            7 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus

Place Units - Russians
            3 mech_infantrys placed in Novgorod
            3 mech_infantrys placed in Ukraine
            4 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 37 PUs; end with 39 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• N.B. the turn is not finalized yet.

d8890416-bb67-4527-8bdc-fa1df90f3401-image.png

I like this.

If G stacks in E Poland with everything but the romanian contigent, they’re pretty much screwed.

This means the pressure on E Poland requires extra stacking. It follows that G will be further slowed down in its Barbarossa-achievments. Very good for Russia indeed.

In the light of this I think that the ruskijs in the far east may actually stick around to eventually help the americans out with a Korea-landing, while meanwhile putting pressure on the northern japanese territories giving Japan less respite in handling the south.

If J dislocates a lot of air, we may simply just retreat to Buryatia again. No, that’s not feasible for Japan, so the stack is rather secure. Very nice not to lose those territories early as well. More important than getting the 6 inf from japanese aggression in Amur.

This plan is not evidently the best though, since now I’m fairly certain that the larger stack actually would make it back to Moscow in time. It would be a very valuable asset in the defence of the capital.

Oh, I’m torn…

The sub might stay in z125. Or should it go south while it can? It’s very good with its can-opening capability towards Italy and may also convoy in southern areas. I’d say it’s more valuable to bring the sub south.

I diverse one mech for Iraq. I believe that to be a very good plan, despite UK not being able to build a mIC there. Now when there’s a mIC in Egypt though and one is popping up in Persia, I’d say that a third mIC in the ME for UK is not really called for. It will be tough to utilize it.

• Another idea is to bring the air back to Moscow, opening up for the possibility of helping Yunnan out.

I’m not really for this though for two reasons, firstly the air will be badly needed around home and secondly I’m not sure it will be enough anyway.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 4 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Caucasus to Rostov
            6 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Yenisey
            2 aaGuns and 12 infantry moved from Buryatia to Yakut S.S.R.
            1 armour moved from Bryansk to Belarus
            1 mech_infantry moved from Bryansk to Caucasus
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            8 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus

Place Units - Russians
            3 mech_infantrys placed in Ukraine
            3 mech_infantrys placed in Novgorod
            4 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 37 PUs; end with 39 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• This is my prime suggestion. I’ll give you the day (about 9 h) to come in with impressions, ideas and other suggestions.

• Might change the buy with changing one mech for a tank. Not sure if that’s good or if it’s better to save the money. Puts extra pressure on E Poland though, so I’m intrigued…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m