• Never thought of that. If Japan take and hold India, then load  Japan with Inf and some Fighters so as not to lose the little revenue they will have after the loss of 11 IPC from SZ6, they then turn West when necessary to help clear Egypt. Axis win with the fall of Moscow. Unfortunately, can only dream of when I will get to play Global again and try out Plan Supersecret!  Is hard enough finding time and opportunity to play one half of the map.

• In fairness I should say that Italy had supreme good luck during our game (and a devestating strategy which I managed to shove Italy into (although he did certainly make my abstract theory work in practice so kudos!)

The UK fleet fled out into the Indian Ocean in UK1 (it had been sunk by J3 together with the UK§ and ANZAC fleets) then Italy launched a joint amphibious and land assault on Egypt after blitzing the Middle East and setting up a minor IC in Iraq.

From about I5 onwards the whole north coast was in Italian hands with a heavy Italian garisson (being reinforced each turn) in Morocco and Italy & USA were trading Gibraltar every turn and so stopping the USA and Britain breaking open the Med.

• Nice. I was born in Florence, Italy, so that sounds good. Unfortunately my main opponent might have  been Lee in a former life, to my Burnside, so I do not get the luxury of Italian help for long in any game I play. I do believe the Med and a throttled italy is the key to a successful Allied victory.

• Look at this opener from a game I played last year. This was Alhpa +2…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23778.30

• TripleA

I can’t open battlemaps -.-

you can take screenshot or use the snipit program that comes with windows 7.

• TripleA

mm

• Posting to keep track of this VERY interesting thread  :mrgreen:

• TripleA

I left a strategy out. japan buying bombers j1, dropping airbase mid china J2 and then bombing russia J3 and landing on top the german stack… I kinda figured that is more of a europe strategy. J4 you can attack / suicide all your air units on russia and G5 germany takes russia or you can keep bombing the russians and take russia G6.

The thing about this strategy is you do not DOW at all so the americans can’t fly to russia. you give up lots of ground in the pacific, you don’t take sino russia… you pretty much just horde your units till russia is dead and then try to expand late game when USA / UK is fully dedicated to stopping germany from taking egypt/london.

• TripleA

someone came up with a new strategy I have to post. it is j1 dow but instead of calcutta oriented it is anzac oriented.

you power slam hawaii j1, usa can’t attack it back, then you take hawaii over on j2, on J3 you go to caroline with your japan purchased transports and from hawaii. you can put your naval off queensland and prevent any sort of blocking you from caroline to new south wales and also park your carriers off queensland so they can hit as well. wam bam anzac is done.

this is a really fun strategy if you are a big risk big reward player, I am still working out the kinks.

it is really good for live games, do it the game after you had a successful calcutta oriented run. The surprise is mostly what gets people.

taking back anzac is really hard for usa… spam 3 inf a round and for usa to kill that he needs 2 transports 4 guys or 3 fighters… really expensive. plus it gives you a buffer zone because while usa goes down you got breathing room as far as dutch islands go and japan. good buffer zone.
    ~
    after you get anzac it should be fairly obvious if you can rush calcutta before usa takes anzac back or if you can rush hawaii. usa has real tricky buys after that point, but it is obvious he has to take japan or liberate anzac before calcutta drops.

it makes for a fast game, which is the one thing i love about anzac rushes.

• I’ve been working on that one as well Cow (see the Pearl Harbor thread), the problem I’ve come across is you need to build some fleet J1 in order to keep the Americans off your back, and that means ANZAC can hold if it turtles from turn one. You’re still in position to take the money island and US must pretty much spend pacific only for a few turns so it’s not all bad, but not sure if it’s worth giving up India.

• TripleA

aye it is tricky. It has to be a surprise. hard to make it a surprise though.

• hey cow u still got enough time to be looking for new things to post?

• post how to defend against your japs strategies, u are making people believe japs got it easy enough so game is imba

• enhance your let s go for europe with japs. tip: u can feint india and go for egy + grab siberia (or keep ussr far east stack occupied) + bomb moscow for an early ger crush, ALL at the same time (tbh, not sure if u needed that tip)

ps: I still think going for an economy game while keeping your vc win options is the best way to go with axis (yep I know it s boring)

• '10

@soulfein:

• post how to defend against your japs strategies, u are making people believe japs got it easy enough so game is imba

Not really…Saying over and over the same thing (J1 attack = THE way to go) in hundreds of posts don’t make it more true.

@soulfein:

ps: I still think going for an economy game while keeping your vc win options is the best way to go with axis (yep I know it s boring)

I totally agree with that statement, and so do some better players than me.
    It might seem boring if you’re used to gambit and/or fancy plays, but when you want to win a game, that’s the most reliable strategy.
    Still, it can also be fun. Instead of going for big gamble battles (ex: India J3-J5), grinding territories, playing a positional game, giving yourself a maximum of flexibility for your turns to come and setting economic traps is as interesting as going all in on a big gamble strategy.
    When you play economy game, you can afford to loose some battles, it does not always mean the loss of the game.

• TripleA

Not everyone wants to play an 18 hour game. -.- I try to design strategies around winning by round 10. It is good manners.

Against boring axis players … as the allies I’ll do a megadrop and take italy or KJF. It puts people on the clock, you got to force people to push the action sometimes.

If one player doesn’t want to race, it just gives the other player a head start.

That is the thing about Japan, if it wins it is usually under 10 rounds with 6 vcs.
    ~
    I doubt people will touch global after 1941 hits. Have you seen that masterpiece? It looks so much fun.

The biggest problem is the players who play global are not aggressive… so the game is not entertaining, unless I make it entertaining.

The next board 1941 forces both sides to be aggressive, yeah I like that.

People say it favors axis, but I don’t know what the allies are doing or the rules yet. Have to wait. It looks rough for the axis if russia can attack round 1. I’ll probably only attack manchuria in my first game.

• 1941 is the complete opposite of g40, i doubt id call it a masterpiece.

• I’m intrigued more by the new 1942 game- seems like they did a much better job and it doesn’t take all day to play- though I still like Global a lot.

1941 could be real tactical and fast- very different game I would assume.

• TripleA

It is hard to finish a game of global though. Even online where it is faster to move the pieces and play.

Have a whole bunch of games at round 6-8 saved and not finished.

Global is rough time wise to finish. I do my turns fast but still :(

• '17 '16 '15

Yea one needs to pack a lunch to play a game of global

still is fun though and sounds like 41 and 42 will be as well

• You attack as japan in round 1… well what can I say… come and play with me… You play axis I play the allies… I don’t care if you take calcutta…I will be able to fight back…

• @coolrunner:

You attack as japan in round 1… well what can I say… come and play with me… You play axis I play the allies… I don’t care if you take calcutta…I will be able to fight back…

go cow go!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m