• More historically accurate turn orders:
    Europe 1940:Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Soviet Union (Russia), United States
    Pacific 1940: Japan, China, United Kingdom (British India), Australia, United States

• Germany
    France
    Soviet Union
    Japan
    China
    United Kingdom
    Italy
    United States
    ANZAC

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

For online playability I would say best turn order:

Germany
    Russia
    Japan
    America
    China
    Italy
    England
    India
    ANZAC
    France

• '22 '16

We need a rules clarification for a current game.
    Germany ended their turn with a navy in sz114 (with destroyer present)
    Russia ended their turn by moving the Baltic sub into sz114 in the non combat phase.

The question is:
    1.  Was that a legal move?
    2. On Germany’s next turn can they load transports in sz114 for an amphibious assault on Novgorod and also attack the sub in sz114 with the destroyer and planes?

Thanks!

• @majikforce:

We need a rules clarification for a current game.
    Germany ended their turn with a navy in sz114 (with destroyer present)
    Russia ended their turn by moving the Baltic sub into sz114 in the non combat phase.

The question is:
    1.  Was that a legal move?
    2. On Germany’s next turn can they load transports in sz114 for an amphibious assault on Novgorod and also attack the sub in sz114 with the destroyer and planes?

Thanks!

1.  Yes.  Subs are allowed to noncombat move into any seazone.  They are also allowed to noncombat move thru a seazone with hostile units if no enemy destroyers are present.

2.  Yes.  Subs don’t block loading (or make a seazone hostile).  And a hostile seazone is the only thing that blocks loading of units (not whether combat will occur).

• Sponsor

I just printed this entire FAQ thread (638 pages), not quite sure what to do with it, but I’ll think of something.

@Young:

I just printed this entire FAQ thread (638 pages), not quite sure what to do with it, but I’ll think of something.

if youd be so kind as to give me a list of the most asked questions (you know the frequently asked questions or faq) I can weed this thread WAY down!  That’s what you can do with it, if you are so inclined.

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

if youd be so kind as to give me a list of the most asked questions (you know the frequently asked questions or faq) I can weed this thread WAY down!  That’s what you can do with it, if you are so inclined.

Sure, I would also love to give you the reply numbers of every irrelevant post, however, to my disappointment, the print friendly features didn’t include reply numbers.

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Sure, I would also love to give you the reply numbers of every irrelevant post, however, to my disappointment, the print friendly features didn’t include reply numbers.

Just the FAQs, man!  Once I have a list of questions, I can find the answers and make a few posts of questions and answers - unsticky this one and sticky the new one in hopes to keep the page numbers down toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo less than 100?

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Just the FAQs, man!  Once I have a list of questions, I can find the answers and make a few posts of questions and answers - unsticky this one and sticky the new one in hopes to keep the page numbers down toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo less than 100?

It will take me awhile so don’t expect anything for at least 3 months ( the stack of paper is over a foot high).

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

It will take me awhile so don’t expect anything for at least 3 months ( the stack of paper is over a foot high).

You actually printed all 166 pages?

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

if youd be so kind as to give me a list of the most asked questions (you know the frequently asked questions or faq) I can weed this thread WAY down!  That’s what you can do with it, if you are so inclined.

Just the FAQs, man!  Once I have a list of questions, I can find the answers and make a few posts of questions and answers - unsticky this one and sticky the new one in hopes to keep the page numbers down toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo less than 100?

Yes, all 166 pages of the thread, which came out as 638 printed pages.

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

if youd be so kind as to give me a list of the most asked questions (you know the frequently asked questions or faq) I can weed this thread WAY down!  That’s what you can do with it, if you are so inclined.

Just the FAQs, man!  Once I have a list of questions, I can find the answers and make a few posts of questions and answers - unsticky this one and sticky the new one in hopes to keep the page numbers down toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo less than 100?

Yes, all 166 pages of the thread, which came out as 638 printed pages.

WOW and I dont mean Warcraft!

• Can aircraft from one power’s terr fly over a strict neutral without delcaring war on it/been claimed yet and land on a friendly terr during non-com?

• @ghr2:

Can aircraft from one power’s terr fly over a strict neutral without delcaring war on it/been claimed yet and land on a friendly terr during non-com?

Like for example: figs from india fly over afghan to reach moscow?

• Official Q&A

No.

• Sponsor

When will the new Global Rulebook be published or available online?

• Few Questions:

1. If i research Rockets, can i attack with two Airfields one IC? Rule: "Your air bases can now launch rockets. During the Strategic and Tactical Bombing Raid step of your Conduct Combat phase each turn, each of your operative air bases can make a single rocket attack against an enemy industrial complex, air base, or naval base within 4spaces of it. (…)

2. Situation: German ships in Sz 109. England dont attack them in GB2, but Germany want make Sealion in G3 and want to earn most money as they can. Question: Can the german player choose, if he want to make a Convoy disruption in GB2 or must he did the Convoy disruption, because his ships stand in Sz 109, which is an Convoy Seazone.

3. Situation: Germany stays in London. US attacks with an amphibius assault, but only want to take Cruisers and Battleships for shorebombardement plus the transports for the landing. But there are also Subs and Destroyers in the Seazone. The US Player want to move them in NCM away. Now the German Player decide to scramble. Question: Are the Subs and destroyers automaticly involved in the battle. Or in other words: Cant they move away in NCM, because they fight in Combat Phase? Can the subs move in NCM, because they cant hit the germans planes and the germans planes cant hit the subs without a destroyer?!

@Skippi:

Few Questions:

1. If i research Rockets, can i attack with two Airfields one IC? Rule: "Your air bases can now launch rockets. During the Strategic and Tactical Bombing Raid step of your Conduct Combat phase each turn, each of your operative air bases can make a single rocket attack against an enemy industrial complex, air base, or naval base within 4spaces of it. (…)
    No.  Each Airbase may attack an enemy facility (Airbase, Naval Base or Industrial Complex) up to 4 spaces away, but you cannot fire more than one rocket per country, per turn at any given facility.

2. Situation: German ships in Sz 109. England dont attack them in GB2, but Germany want make Sealion in G3 and want to earn most money as they can. Question: Can the german player choose, if he want to make a Convoy disruption in GB2 or must he did the Convoy disruption, because his ships stand in Sz 109, which is an Convoy Seazone.
    You can house rule anything you want too, but convoys are automatic as far as I have been told or seen.  Your best option is on Germany 2 to remove your submarines from the convoy zones so as to negate their damaging the enemy economy at all in the first place.

3. Situation: Germany stays in London. US attacks with an amphibius assault, but only want to take Cruisers and Battleships for shorebombardement plus the transports for the landing. But there are also Subs and Destroyers in the Seazone. The US Player want to move them in NCM away. Now the German Player decide to scramble. Question: Are the Subs and destroyers automaticly involved in the battle. Or in other words: Cant they move away in NCM, because they fight in Combat Phase? Can the subs move in NCM, because they cant hit the germans planes and the germans planes cant hit the subs without a destroyer?!
    If you have destroyers in the sea zone where the amphibious assault is occuring ALL attacking warships MUST attack the destroyers, even if there is only one and you have a million battleships.  That means none of his ships can conduct off-shore bombardments in support of the amphibious landing.  To answer the next question, no, you cannot make two seperate attacks on a territory with one nation in one turn, all combat is simultanious.  That said, if all that was present were submarines, then you could ignore them.  If you scramble, then you cannot ignore the submarines anymore, they participate in the battle.

• @Skippi:

Few Questions:

Jenn is right - You can never attack one IC more than once per power’s turn with rockets.

Jenn is right - convoy disruption is not a choice, by the rules.

I believe Jenn misunderstood your situation. It sounds like you are asking about USA subs and destroyers, not German subs and destroyers.
    You can move units during the combat movement phase to avoid possible combat, like if you find enemy warships are in your seazone. So I believe you must move the destroyers during the combat movement phase if you don’t want them to be stuck there in a scramble. If the defending Germans scramble and your destroyers are involved in that combat, then they can not subsequently move, so you would have to move whatever destroyers you want out of there. Since you are bombarding, if the Germans have a fighter they are likely to scramble to stop all the bombardment (if the player understands that rule).
    You are right about the subs. You could move them out in non-combat regardless of scrambling, and in fact you could not move them during combat movement if the move does not result in combat (because they are NOT moving to avoid combat).

Need confirmation that you can move the destroyers away during combat move, but I believe this would be correct.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m