G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread

• '19 '17

The option to DOW for France is still there on FR2, it may not be related to Vichy. Seems like if France only has ships left they can’t DOW, whether on Japan or neutrals. Japan can DOW on France though.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Adam514:

@Karl7:

I think there may be a tripple a bug with France.  If Vichy is activated and the only unit left for France is the lone DD for some reason France then can’t declare war on Japan and is permanently neutral via Japan.

The politics option doesn’t even come up.

Just out of curiosity, do you have the game link? And do you mean both Japan and France can’t DOW on each other? In any case, there’s no reason not to DOW on turn 1 anyway.

Yeah, Simon linked it above.  Down load the Anzac turn and you see what I mean.

Hey, so I downloaded the 1.9 most recent and every time a scram order comes up the scram box flickers and I can’t enter the order.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

• '19 '17

@Karl7:

Hey, so I downloaded the 1.9 most recent and every time a scram order comes up the scram box flickers and I can’t enter the order.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

Do you have a link for an example? It happened sometimes with 2nd edition, I’d be surprised if it were a problem with 1.9 mod specifically.

here is the game.  USA taking Sicily, triggering scram order for Italy

triplea_38789.0_Ame5 (1).tsvg

• '19 '17

I tested with UK unloading in Italy and the scramble box works just fine.

huh, must be something on my end.

Could there be some directory or something from the prior instal that could conflict with 1.9?

• '19 '17

I don’t think so. Unless we suddenly get many players reporting the same thing, it’s probably something on your end.

You could try restarting TripleA/your PC and updating Java.

• '19 '17 '16

There are some problems on a Mac platform.

I’m wondering if it works at all on a Mac.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

Regularkid has a Mac and it works perfectly.

I am using a mac… so far ok, except the scram thing…

• '17 '16 '15

others have had problems with the flashing scramble thing on mac as well

This forum:

Player help
    Possible software issue with Java on iMac

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514:

@simon33:

Regularkid has a Mac and it works perfectly.

Ok, thanks. What version of OS X?

• flashing scramble? yes. I’ve had issues with it as well (on MacOS). But as far as I can tell, its NOT specific to BM. This is an issue that affects vanilla G40 as well

• As for Vichy France, for some reason it does seem to activate when it shouldn’t. I’m working on this issue.

• '19 '17

BM3 release is tentatively set for the beginning of 2017, and it’s possibly the last iteration of BM (apart from bug fixes). So if you have ideas or anything to say in order to see a change, now is the time.

For example, you could:
    -have an issue with NOs
    -feel that some areas of the board are under or over represented in terms of income
    -feel that something is scripted
    -etc

I only have 2 minor NOs in mind at the moment, so it’s probably going to be a small change in the end.

• Could you plz share what those changes are going to be so we have an idea?

@Adam514:

BM3 release is tentatively set for the beginning of 2017, and it’s possibly the last iteration of BM (apart from bug fixes). So if you have ideas or anything to say in order to see a change, now is the time.

For example, you could:
    -have an issue with NOs
    -feel that some areas of the board are under or over represented in terms of income
    -etc

I only have 2 minor NOs in mind at the moment, so it’s probably going to be a small change in the end.

• '19 '17

@axis-dominion:

Could you plz share what those changes are going to be so we have an idea?

@Adam514:

For example, you could:
    -have an issue with NOs
    -etc

I think sharing them later is a better idea so that the discussion is not centered around them, and rather on whatever people feel the mod can improve upon.

• '19 '17 '16

1. I want to reverse the Novgorod bonus to be a bonus for the USSR holding it rather than a bonus for Germany. Ties in with the KV-1 Tank factory there the way I see it.
    2. USSR lend lease routes - do the Persian and Siberian routes have historic precedent? Particularly the former one through those mountainous regions. The latter one I guess had the Trans Siberian railway. Perhaps some stuff went that way.
    3. West Indian ocean free of Axis subs - this is a bit too much of a gift for the Calcutta economy IMHO.
    4. East Pacific Islands ANZAC NO: I think it is too easy to hold

You’re aware of my leaning that Marines are overpowered - although they are arguably expensive. At least disallowing bombardment support from a marine. Only inf/art/mec/tanks should count IMO.

Those are probably my main thoughts. I might have a bit more if I think of it.

• '19 '17 '16

Oh and put combat movement before repair and purchase, FFS! I want to know what combats I’m going to make before I finalise my purchases.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m