Preview Copies of 1940 Second Edition Arrived

• @wittmann:

Ok Knp7765. I know I am only lying to myself!
    Will get both, but will not rush in to buying them as I will not get a proper game until December when my friends are back in Hereford. Will probably buy separately, because am desperate for Italy’s sculpts and my wife has always liked the Europe side too(is insanely obsessed with all things ancient Egyptian). When we play she gets in to a blind Hitler like rage about keeping/capturing it!
    Would rather sell both old ones, as do not want to end up buried in A&A boxes.

Your wife plays A&A?
    Damn, my one HATES it. She often curse Larry Harris.

• You have  said that before Noll. And how you sleep type to join the boys on the forum. 
    She plays much less now, because Maddalena Fiorenza e’ sempre sveglia!

• @allweneedislove:

I think everyone is just interested in seeing what has changed from the original game and what has changed from alpha 3.9.

Rules
    Map
    Pieces

Not full articles, descriptions, unboxing, videos, and pictures of everything just the changes.

I second this.

• Did mean to ask Noll: how and where do you buy your games in Italy?  
    Are there shops in the big cities? Never thought to look in Florence. (This would be if we ever moved there. Not for now.)

• @wittmann:

Did mean to ask Noll: how and where do you buy your games in Italy?  
    Are there shops in the big cities? Never thought to look in Florence. (This would be if we ever moved there. Not for now.)

Depends.

My most reliable source is a good friend of mine, that happens to have the most numerous collection of boardgames in the world (20.000+ boardgames, 60.000+ if you count doubles and other languages versions), and happens to be also the CEO of “giochi uniti”, a major Italian boardgame publisher. If you’re curious about this awesome man, here’s a dated interview about him:

http://www.lettera43.it/stili-vita/12628/giochi-senza-frontiere.htm

• Grazie.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Besides Krieghund, who is a rules expert and not bound by non-disclosure agreements?

I’m not going to be able to pick out the nuances of the rules changes so I’d rather somebody else work on it. I can send photos of the rulebook as long as our rules expert agrees not to send it out to anybody else. As soon as the game is released, I’ll try to get good and real soft copies of the rule book.

• @robbie358:

I’d like to see the NOs for all games first, then the Global map put together, then the setups.

I’ll 2nd that.

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

@allweneedislove:

@kcdzim:

A list of National Objectives as they apply to each individual theater game as well as Global.

Third

Fourth

Fifth that.

• Official Q&A

@djensen:

Besides Krieghund, who is a rules expert and not bound by non-disclosure agreements?

I’m afraid I am quite firmly bound by non-disclosure agreements.  I can’t comment on games before their release dates.

• Will the chips be the same as 1942 2nd edition?

• Customizer

@lindquist3:

Will the chips be the same as 1942 2nd edition?

We have heard that they will be based on testimony from someone at GenCon that won a copy.

• any idea of when you’re going to do the previews? and I would like the following questions answered when you do the previews. Do the color of the boards match (ocean color mainly), do the chips work with older games, like '42.2 or are they like the old G40 chips,

• Founder TripleA Admin

They are like the old chips.

I thought I would have time to work on this today but it didn’t happen. I’m probably going to start with the map.

• @djensen:

I’m not going to be able to pick out the nuances of the rules changes so I’d rather somebody else work on it. I can send photos of the rulebook as long as our rules expert agrees not to send it out to anybody else. As soon as the game is released, I’ll try to get good and real soft copies of the rule book.

I’m good enough on rules to spot the differences between the first and second editions, and unbound by non-disclosure agreements.

I’ve also got some time on my hands over the next couple of days, so I’ll volunteer to write it up.

Sound good?

• Sponsor

I just want to know if there are any rule changes, I have spent my share in A&A products, and I will be very upset if they purposely changed something that would make my old board obsolete.

• @wittmann:

Is that a pound sign BulwFi? You are not in England are you?
    I am only buying Europe and should be able to pass my old one on to a friend for half what I paid for it. Am not as bothered about the Pacific, being half English and half Italian.

My copies of Pacific and Europe cost me £70 pound each so i assumed the 2nd edition would be the same and prices rarely fall these days, but almost always go up.

Not England btw, Ireland.

• I see. There are 5 of us in England using the forum at the moment. I cannot play with them as I work evenings.
    I will buy 2nd Edition Europe as I want Italy(am half Italian).

• Yea some new Italian models i think, although can you not order just the Italian units some how??

• I wonder how many changes have taken place…

• Sooner the better please.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m