• Yea im sure that will be delayed as well. I don’t see them releasing 2 games in the same week.

Well actually WOTC is so stupid they probably will.

• So when do we expect an updated version of this for 1941?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=YmBo8q0akGo&feature=endscreen

• LOL!  Good point.

• Considered ordering both together from US and would not get them until the 2nd arrives, which is why I wondered.

• Customizer

A little update. I went to Hobbytown USA today and there was no sign of 1941. They did have a Pacific 1940 and a couple of copies of Spring 1942 there. I also checked out Toys-R-Us and they didn’t have any A&A games at all. The closest they have is RISK and Stratego. I don’t understand why that guy in Omaha found one in his local game store 3 days before the June 19 release date yet no one else has even seen it (except for djensen of course).

On the plus, I did get a copy of the new Fortress America which I’m going to check out tonight. I’ve already looked at it some. The new pieces are interesting, nicer detail and a little more futuristic look to them. Of course, the MB version of Fortress America was put out in the mid 80s so I imagine at that time those pieces looked like something from the future. The bombers look like some sort of upgraded B-2 bombers. The mobile units and hovertanks look pretty cool. The new helicoptors come in 2 pieces you have to snap together.
    The map looks pretty cool, a little flashier than the old map but basically the same. There are still 30 US cities but a couple are different. They did away with Buffalo and Kansas City. In their place they included Las Vegas and Colorado Springs. I think this was done to give the Western and Southern invaders a better chance at capturing another city or two and take at least one away from the Eastern invader. I know in the old game, the Eastern invader had a wealth of cities to conquer while once the Western invader got off of the West Coast, it was slim pickings. Kind of the same with the Southern invader. They have a few cities in Texas + New Orleans, then they have to really stretch up into the upper Mid-West, making it easier for the US player to cut off a bunch of Southern invader forces. Also, in games where the Invaders win, Eastern invader almost always comes out ahead because there are so many more cities within their reach.
    Well, I’m off to play my new game.  Later guys.

• @knp7765:

I don’t understand why that guy in Omaha found one in his local game store 3 days before the June 19 release date yet no one else has even seen it (except for djensen of course).

Guy in Omaha here. I am not sure why it was on the shelf either because previously I saw that the release date was to be the 17th and I saw it on the 15th. I am going down there again tonight so I will check and see if it still there. They had 2 or 3 copies on the shelf.

• @knp7765:

On the plus, I did get a copy of the new Fortress America which I’m going to check out tonight. I’ve already looked at it some.

How much did this set you back?  I’m trying to find the best place to order it from, I’m thinking Amazon though.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Go to Cool Stuff. Buy 1941, 1942 2nd Edition, and Fortress. Total will be $114.47 and you get free shipping.

• Cool stuff and Funagain Games are the best places for preorder and no shipping

• Customizer

Yeah, on the Cool Stuff site the new Fortress America costs $51.99. Plus, like Variable said, any order over $100 gets free shipping.

My game from Hobbytown USA cost me $85. I like Hobbytown, mostly because they are the only really dedicated store for gaming and models that I know of here in Wichita, but they do tend to be on the pricy side in most cases. I would imagine they know that there isn’t much competition locally so they can jack up the prices some. Still, it is cool to have a place where I can get things and not have to wait on an order to be shipped.

• @skinny1:

@knp7765:

I don’t understand why that guy in Omaha found one in his local game store 3 days before the June 19 release date yet no one else has even seen it (except for djensen of course).

Guy in Omaha here. I am not sure why it was on the shelf either because previously I saw that the release date was to be the 17th and I saw it on the 15th. I am going down there again tonight so I will check and see if it still there. They had 2 or 3 copies on the shelf.

Went to FLGS last night and they had 3 copies of 1941 on their shelf.

• Customizer

@skinny1:

@skinny1:

@knp7765:

And you didn’t buy?!

…sounds unlikely.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@skinny1:

@skinny1:

@knp7765:

And you didn’t buy?!

…sounds unlikely.

I didn’t buy because I don’t have an interest in getting this one. I will link you the website address and you can call them and ask them if they have it in stock.

• Customizer

@skinny1:

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

@skinny1:

@skinny1:

@knp7765:

And you didn’t buy?!

…sounds unlikely.

I didn’t buy because I don’t have an interest in getting this one. I will link you the website address and you can call them and ask them if they have it in stock.

Well I stand corrected. Please accept my public apology. The store claims to still have one copy in stock. http://www.thegameshoppe.com/

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@skinny1:

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

@skinny1:

@skinny1:

@knp7765:

And you didn’t buy?!

…sounds unlikely.

Well I stand corrected. Please accept my public apology. The store claims to still have one copy in stock. http://www.thegameshoppe.com/

No worries Bob. I wouldn’t post that there were some available if they wasn’t any. Did you ask if they could mail one to you if you purchased one over the phone? Or would they do that?

• Customizer

I already have mine preordered From coolStuffinc and canceling that item would mess with my free shipping. Sadly I’ll have to wait.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

I already have mine preordered From coolStuffinc and canceling that item would mess with my free shipping. Sadly I’ll have to wait.

That is understandable.

• Patience is a virtue, I guess…

• yeah patience how long will that take?

• Customizer

Typically my orders have come in 2-3 days after the release date. I have found coolStuffinc to be quite professional and prompt in my email enquiries. There prices are very comeditive; usually the cheapest or near cheapest online for boardgames.  Shipping can be a bit much so I try to bundle my orders so I buy $100 worth of merchandise at a time (to take advantage of the free shipping.) Of course if you live in Florida you could always pick it up for free from their store.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m