• Retailers should have their copies by now, today at the latest if release is still the 19th.  Any FLGS owners/employees out there?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Just spoke to the company I pre-ordered from. As of 12:30 CST they have received nothing from WOTC. Doesn’t look good for 6/19 release…  :-(

• i saw this one on the self at my FLGS 3 days ago while i was there to pick up a different game. That was the 15th, last Friday.

• Customizer

I just got off the phone with Hobbytown USA here in Wichita and the guy there told me there was nothing scheduled for release tomorrow (6/19) from Axis & Allies but when they do, Hobbytown will have them. It sounded like there wasn’t anything even close to 6/19 so it’s looking like 7/27 to me.
    I also called Toys-R-Us. They said that they get their trucks on Wednesdays and don’t know what they will have until it gets there and is in their system. So, no help there either.
    Too bad. I got the first week of July off from work and I was hoping to take some time getting acquainted with this new game. Oh well.

Well, more bad news guys. Got off the phone with both Cool Stuff Inc and Miniature Market. Neither one has anything coming from WOTC tomorrow. Cool Stuff guys says it looks like it will be the same day as AA42-2E. Bummer!

• TripleA '12

I just spoke to my local game store Southsea Models (in Portsmouth, UK) and he said he’d never even heard of this game and that he definitely wasn’t expecting this week or possibly next either. However, he does normally stock A&A games though so said he’ll very likely get some copies when it is released. Thanks a lot, Wizards!  :-(

@ Wittman (and any other UK players) - I’ll keep you posted of any developments.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I wouldn’t blame Wizards for (a) my confusion about the release date (b) not communicating the release date and © our over-excitement to get the game.

I’m confused about the release date because there were two separate times a release date was listed on the Wizards site, furthermore, there is a column (whose meaning is also confusing) which lists a date of June 19. So I’m confused. However, the latest sales flyer clearly states July 27. The fact of the matter was © we were all being so optimistic and hopeful (including myself) that we all wished that the new flyer was a mistake.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Also, I meant to report on my confusion but never got around to it. Sorry about that.

• Customizer

Yeah, djensen is right. Most of our disappointment is due to the fact that most of us are chomping at the bit for something new from A&A. So much so that after getting the first release date, we just didn’t want to believe the second one. I would imagine that WOTC originally wanted to release the game on 6/19 but some sort of logistical complication simply made it not possible. So, they gave themselves another month to get things straightened out. At least it’s not as bad as the ongoing frustration we have with the FMG German set.

Lozmoid,
    Just curious. If the release date is 7/27 here in the States, will your stores get it then or will it be a little later for you in the UK?

I have a question for anyone to answer. What is an “FLGS”? I figure that the “GS” stands for “Game Store” but I can’t figure out the “FL”.

• Founder TripleA Admin

FLGS = friendly local gaming store

• well if it’s not going to be released for another 5 and half weeks are you going to do more previews of the game? I was thinking maybe 2 more one a week till 3 weeks out by then you should be getting your copy of '42 2nd edition. Don’t ask me what you should do in the previews I think you got it pretty much covered but maybe someone can come up with an idea or two.

• TripleA '12

Lozmoid,
    Just curious. If the release date is 7/27 here in the States, will your stores get it then or will it be a little later for you in the UK?

knp7765, I think we normally get them on the expected release date but it’s been a while and I can’t quite remember. I know that I have had to wait an extra couple of weeks before though, if I recall. I can only hope and pray.

• Thanks Lozmoid. Have almost decided to order both 41 and 42  from the US and receive them in August. Was going to wait a few more weeks and see how things were looking.
    They would charge 60$ delivery on top of the 65/70$ for the games.
    Do you know what your local shop charges for delivery?
    A few years ago would have travelled to Portsmouth to see the Victory again.

• TripleA '12

Do you know what your local shop charges for delivery?

Do you mean the overseas shipping costs? I don’t think he delivers the games to you door; at least I’ve never asked him - I normally just walk in and pick up a copy.

I remember that he charged about £30 for Spring 1942 (which I picked up from his store) and something along the lines of £70 for Pacific 1940 (no way was I gonna pay that! :-o). I imagine he had included the shipping costs in his sale price, mind you.

Ultimately, I think it may be cheaper for us if we either order both games together from the same place in the US, or, we order from somewhere on the European continent…

• That is what I was suggesting. If you look, ordering 2  the costs double from 30 to 60$, but delivery time is more than halved. Just hope the release date of 42 is not delayed, otherwise we are waiting even more.
    As I said earlier cannot remember where I last sourced my A&A games. ( Pacific and Europe 40 soon as they came out.)

@djensen:

I wouldn’t blame Wizards for (a) my confusion about the release date (b) not communicating the release date and © our over-excitement to get the game.

I’m confused about the release date because there were two separate times a release date was listed on the Wizards site, furthermore, there is a column (whose meaning is also confusing) which lists a date of June 19. So I’m confused. However, the latest sales flyer clearly states July 27. The fact of the matter was © we were all being so optimistic and hopeful (including myself) that we all wished that the new flyer was a mistake.

Admittedly, part of my confusion about the release date was from information on this site. But the majority of it does in fact come from Wizards and their suppliers since a number of retailers were showing the 6/19 date as the “expected delivery” date. Some of them seemed to get the date change info while others did not. Changing the '41 release to the same day as the '42-2 release further complicated this since many don’t even know about these games outside of our forum, let alone the release dates…

• TripleA '12

If they are indeed going to be releasing both games on the same date… is that such a good idea? I would have thought it would be better to release 1941 first, then a gap, and then 1942. Gives new players a chance to grasp the basics before going for the next level, so to speak.

• The wording in the 1941 sales-flyer

@1941:

Familiar Mechanics:
    This game utilizes the A&A game mechanics present in A&A 1942 2nd Edition, as designed by Larry Harris (the
    creator of the original game).

indicates that 1941 was not intended to be released before 1942 2nd Edition, as I think.

• I pre-ordered the game at a local hobby store, so I went to the store today to pick up my copy and they said the game does not come out until July. The manager wasn’t in so I didn’t feel like arguing with a stupid employee. Was 1941 released today?

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

If they are indeed going to be releasing both games on the same date… is that such a good idea? I would have thought it would be better to release 1941 first, then a gap, and then 1942. Gives new players a chance to grasp the basics before going for the next level, so to speak.

I agree. To me it seems weird to release two different games on the same day. Yeah, I know they are both A&A, but I think they will still be very different, 42 will be more complex than 41 with more in-depth rules and probably more pieces as well. I would have preferred to have that month break to play with 41 for a while before starting to learn 42.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m