• TripleA '12

I think June 19 is for the 1941 game and July 27 is for the 1942 game. But don’t quote me on that.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’m betting on June 19.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’m starting to second guess. Amazon usually has pre-orders for new A&A games but nothing.

• Maybe they’re holding it back to fix the misprints?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@djensen:

I’m starting to second guess. Amazon usually has pre-orders for new A&A games but nothing.

I saw it there briefly from Funagain Games, but then it was removed. Either it ships on 6/19 or I get an error free version on 7/27. Take your pic WOTC.  :evil:

• I just called my local gaming store and they are saying July 27th

• Darn it, I need this game now.

• Customizer

My store said June 19th.

• lol so it has two release dates June 19th and July 27th. It would depend on which sales flyer your local store saw and believe. Wonderful that’s awesome. Wouldn’t mind so much if mine said the 19th. Maybe I’ll check walmart and toys’r’us and see what they say.

• Retailers should have their copies by now, today at the latest if release is still the 19th.  Any FLGS owners/employees out there?

Just spoke to the company I pre-ordered from. As of 12:30 CST they have received nothing from WOTC. Doesn’t look good for 6/19 release…  :-(

• i saw this one on the self at my FLGS 3 days ago while i was there to pick up a different game. That was the 15th, last Friday.

• Customizer

I just got off the phone with Hobbytown USA here in Wichita and the guy there told me there was nothing scheduled for release tomorrow (6/19) from Axis & Allies but when they do, Hobbytown will have them. It sounded like there wasn’t anything even close to 6/19 so it’s looking like 7/27 to me.
    I also called Toys-R-Us. They said that they get their trucks on Wednesdays and don’t know what they will have until it gets there and is in their system. So, no help there either.
    Too bad. I got the first week of July off from work and I was hoping to take some time getting acquainted with this new game. Oh well.

Well, more bad news guys. Got off the phone with both Cool Stuff Inc and Miniature Market. Neither one has anything coming from WOTC tomorrow. Cool Stuff guys says it looks like it will be the same day as AA42-2E. Bummer!

• TripleA '12

I just spoke to my local game store Southsea Models (in Portsmouth, UK) and he said he’d never even heard of this game and that he definitely wasn’t expecting this week or possibly next either. However, he does normally stock A&A games though so said he’ll very likely get some copies when it is released. Thanks a lot, Wizards!  :-(

@ Wittman (and any other UK players) - I’ll keep you posted of any developments.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I wouldn’t blame Wizards for (a) my confusion about the release date (b) not communicating the release date and © our over-excitement to get the game.

I’m confused about the release date because there were two separate times a release date was listed on the Wizards site, furthermore, there is a column (whose meaning is also confusing) which lists a date of June 19. So I’m confused. However, the latest sales flyer clearly states July 27. The fact of the matter was © we were all being so optimistic and hopeful (including myself) that we all wished that the new flyer was a mistake.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Also, I meant to report on my confusion but never got around to it. Sorry about that.

• Customizer

Yeah, djensen is right. Most of our disappointment is due to the fact that most of us are chomping at the bit for something new from A&A. So much so that after getting the first release date, we just didn’t want to believe the second one. I would imagine that WOTC originally wanted to release the game on 6/19 but some sort of logistical complication simply made it not possible. So, they gave themselves another month to get things straightened out. At least it’s not as bad as the ongoing frustration we have with the FMG German set.

Lozmoid,
    Just curious. If the release date is 7/27 here in the States, will your stores get it then or will it be a little later for you in the UK?

I have a question for anyone to answer. What is an “FLGS”? I figure that the “GS” stands for “Game Store” but I can’t figure out the “FL”.

• Founder TripleA Admin

FLGS = friendly local gaming store

• well if it’s not going to be released for another 5 and half weeks are you going to do more previews of the game? I was thinking maybe 2 more one a week till 3 weeks out by then you should be getting your copy of '42 2nd edition. Don’t ask me what you should do in the previews I think you got it pretty much covered but maybe someone can come up with an idea or two.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m