Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '10

@GoSanchez6:

FMG that move to the other company can’t happen soon enough. This waiting is the pits. Hope the wait is worth it and they don’t screw it up again.

I have some news…  reluctant to share however due to the lashing I got last time.

Things ARE moving.

• Customizer

Ooh! Have you gotten any pics of finished German units?

• Outstanding FMG looking forward to it. Thank you again.

• Customizer

Any updates….anything at all?

• TripleA '12

(Well said, knp7765! I was really tempted to ask but held back… )

FMG, what’s going on with Germany please!  :?

• I have no idea what is going, I will have to wait until I can get to an actual PC to read through the posts.

I can only hope that the German units come out soon.

However, maybe a bit of friendly speculation and information till then?
    Can anyone tell me the name/unit/class of FMG’s Italian and German pieces?

Also, which unit do you want to be next? Since they started with the European side of map, maybe Russia.

• Customizer

Admiral,
    I am hoping that the German Combat Units are finished in production by now and are getting prepped for shipping. Hopefully, the new Combat Dice will be with them as well.

The next country after Germany is going to be the USA. They already have about half of the sculpts finished. Last ones Jeremy showed us was back in August so not sure what’s going on there. After USA they plan to do UK. Canada and ANZAC will follow shortly after as they will basically be the same units in different colors.

I have a list of the different unit classes in a post on this thread a number of pages back (Sorry, I don’t remember which page it’s on). I also have them written down on paper somewhere but that seems to be lost at the moment. If I manage to find it in the next couple of days of so, I will try to leave a new post with all the unit classes that we have so far.

• Hey admiral I believe the next set is USA. Then Britain/Canada/Anzac. Since those 3 countries share a lot of the same sculpts they shouldn’t take as long. Fmg was going to do France last but he mentioned a while back he may move them up. I hope this info helps.

• Ken you beat me to the punch.

• Thanks guys! I was honestly hoping they’d started with the Pacific first, but since Italy is goosestepping and using Panthers, I can see they obvious need, lol.

That leads me to imagine what they will do when get around China. Maybe special looking Chinese units to represent the highly trained and best equipped forces under the Sino-German argeement of the 1930’s? Or maybe artillery?

• Customizer

Not 100% sure if FMG will do a Chinese set. If they do, it will surely be a smaller set since they only need Infantry, artillery and perhaps a P-40 fighter in that yellow-green Chinese color. One idea suggested they may include China with the “Commons” set which would include Major ICs, Minor ICs, AA Guns, Air and Naval Bases, Bunkers, Pill boxes, etc. However, HBG has also planned to do a China set at some point and being as China has so limited units, he may end up covering everything needed for China. Additional unit possibilities for China might be a Commander figure and perhaps T-26 tanks which China got from Russia early in the war.
    Here is the FMG nation list as best as I can remember:
    Italy – FINISHED
    Germany – IN  PRODUCTION
    United States – IN SCULPTING PHASE
    UK/ANZAC/Canada
    Soviet Union
    Japan
    France
    Commons Set (ICs, AA guns, Bases, Bunkers, etc.) Possibly with China?

One other thing: Jeremy mentioned at one time wanting to do all the nations of the Europe game first so Japan might be last on the list. Also, he mentioned possibly bumping France up to after UK since currently France doesn’t have any unique units other than their infantry. We still have to get Germany completed and that dang factory seems to be dragging it’s feet on them and the new Combat Dice. Then hopefully the USA sculpts will be complete and we can get them going. They have a NEW factory lined up to start USA and it is hoped they will have better production time and be more responsive to Jeremy’s queries on the progress.

• For Chinese, just duplicates of units from other sets but in the Chinese green color should be suficient.

• HEY GUYS!!! IM BACK!!! did you miss me…??? >:D

i decided to take a break to pursue some other ……hobbies cough**cough GIRLS cough**cough
    that went well so im taking some time to come back and check in on my favorite group of people. :)

any one care to summarize what updates have been posted?

• Welcome back Cminke. Italy is done and is available. Germany should be any day now. I hope. Some USA sculpts are done check out the other thread. Beyond that you know about as much as the rest of us.

• Any current pictures of Germany?

• TripleA '12

Hi Jeremy, it’s been nearly six weeks since we last heard from you and I think we’ve all been very patient here, but can you please provide us with an update on the production of Germany Combat Units? Many thanks.

• At least an estimated date of arrival

• I have a feeling we are going to get some great news or bad news. Fmg is either going to post a TON of info on the new units or say something went wrong. I must say the silence is deafening right now. Makes me wonder if something went wrong again with the factory.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Guys, RELAX

He’s in the middle of selling his house - etc.

Chill out.

• TripleA '12

Sorry guys, it’s just that my heart skips a beat whenever I see there’s been a new post added to this thread!  :oops:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m