• Official Q&A

@Shakespeare:

If after war has started and no one has claimed Borneo Sumatra, may the Brits land airplanes there?

Yes, but it will not give them control of it.  Taking control requires land units.

@Shakespeare:

who gets the IPC’s of Borneo Sumatra after war starts with UK?

Whomever has claimed/invaded it.

@Shakespeare:

If ANZAC takess Borneo Sumatra before the UK gets there who gets the IPC’s?  UK or Anzac?

ANZAC.

@Shakespeare:

Who gets Borneo’s Sumatra’s {PC’s after war starts but no one is there?

If no one has claimed it, no one gets the income.

Questions like these can be answered by applying a simple principle.  If the situation isn’t specifically dealt with in the rules, treat the Dutch and French territories in exactly the same way as Allied territories whose capital is held by the enemy.

• One more quick question about Sumatra (or any Dutch Isle) once US is in the war, can they take ownership of Dutch if no one else has, or can they only liberate it from Japan (taking ownership). I would think they could simply invade it once at war like the UK or Anzac if it is still Dutch, but I’ve been wrong before.

• Official Q&A

Unlike the UK or ANZAC, the US has no “special permission” to take over Dutch territories.  It can no more do so than it could invade Borneo if India was held by Japan.

• Krieg,
    boy this faq is going to be as thick as the rule book lol, by the way do you have an idea of when it might be posted, will it be this weekend (optimistic I know),or later through the week?

• Official Q&A

I’m hoping to have the unofficial FAQ posted early next week.  Getting official approval for the answers takes time.  (I know, it sounds weird that I need official approval for an unofficial FAQ, but I want to make sure that I’m not including anything that will get overturned later.)

• Thanks for being up front, and very quick with your responses as always. I’ll leave you to it and wait patently (well at least till hump day). :-D

• I would like to confirm the starting income for the US.  On rulebook page 7 the US income is shown as 17 IPC, but on page 8 it states that the US incomes increases by 40 to a total of 50 IPC after declaring war on Japan.  This implies that the starting US income is 10 IPC (50-40=10).  Which is it, 17 or 10?  If the non-war income is 17 does the at-war income become 17=40=57?  Or is the 40 IPC income boost number wrong and it should be 33 (17+33=50)?  Thanks for your help.

• I would like to confirm the starting income for the US.  On rulebook page 7 the US income is shown as 17 IPC, but on page 8 it states that the US incomes increases by 40 to a total of 50 IPC after declaring war on Japan.  This implies that the starting US income is 10 IPC (50-40=10).  Which is it, 17 or 10?  If the non-war income is 17 does the at-war income become 17=40=57?  Or is the 40 IPC income boost number wrong and it should be 33 (17+33=50)?  Thanks for your help.

• Official Q&A

It should say that the income from the Western United States territory increases by 40 to a total of 50 IPCs.  All other US possessions are still added onto that.  If the US still has its original territories, its income will be 57 IPCs when it goes to war.

• @Krieghund:

It should say that the income from the Western United States territory increases by 40 to a total of 50 IPCs.  All other US possessions are still added onto that.  If the US still has its original territories, its income will be 57 IPCs when it goes to war.

If Cal Moore is editing the Europe game too, please please please tell him to do a better job.
    This is a $ 100 game for christ sake.

• Is it possible to post the rules in .pdf format with corrections so that we can print an error free copy for ourselves?

• Official Q&A

Probably not, unless the errors are corrected in the second print run, which is a possibility (maybe).

• TripleA '12

I guess that’s okay as the FAQs often say something like “this sentence on page … should be replaced with …blah…blah…blah…” etc. So I will cut and paste the corrections myself, and then print it off (albeit in black & white). Did this with AA50 and it worked fine.

• @Krieghund:

Probably not, unless the errors are corrected in the second print run, which is a possibility (maybe).

Off topic but there’s a second print run?  When is this planned for?  Is this to keep the game available for the new Europe game?

• Can British and Japanese navies occupy the same sea zones when they are neutral with each other?  Same goes for USA and ANZAC.  If not navies at least transports and subs?

I ask because if they are not allowed to I would think a good Japanese strategy first turn would be to keep a couple of cheap surface warships off the coasts of Java and Celebs which would not allow UK to land troops without declaring war on Japan.  Since going to war with UK and ANZAC and not USA is a great opportunity for Japan it would seem the best strategy to either deny ANZAC and UK income or provoke a war with them.

• Official Q&A

@cannon:

@Krieghund:

Off topic but there’s a second print run?  When is this planned for?  Is this to keep the game available for the new Europe game?

I guess I didn’t put enough “possibles” and “maybes” in my statement.  If there is a second print run, some of the errors may be corrected.  All of this depends on variables that I cannot know or predict.

@plumsmugler:

Can British and Japanese navies occupy the same sea zones when they are neutral with each other?  Same goes for USA and ANZAC.  If not navies at least transports and subs?

I ask because if they are not allowed to I would think a good Japanese strategy first turn would be to keep a couple of cheap surface warships off the coasts of Java and Celebs which would not allow UK to land troops without declaring war on Japan.  Since going to war with UK and ANZAC and not USA is a great opportunity for Japan it would seem the best strategy to either deny ANZAC and UK income or provoke a war with them.

Yes, they can.  Warships belonging to a power with which you are not at war don’t make a sea zone hostile.

• Who was the guy who typed out the rules? Is he still employed? Were the rules typed out on a computer with spell checker?

• Can tanks or mech infantry move one space before loading onto a transport?  Seems like in AA50 they could not, but I can’t seem to put my finger on it in this rule book.

• @panzerjager:

Can tanks or mech infantry move one space before loading onto a transport?  Seems like in AA50 they could not, but I can’t seem to put my finger on it in this rule book.

I’d say it’s pretty safe to go with no if it’s not in the rulebook.

• @Krieghund:

Unlike the UK or ANZAC, the US has no “special permission” to take over Dutch territories.  It can no more do so than it could invade Borneo if India was held by Japan.

Are you saying that if USA conquers Sumatra from Japan it gets liberated to the Dutch, and nobody controls it? or does USA control it in this case.

Also, I assume USA can occupy a Dutch terit (controlled by UK or ANZAC) if it is at war?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m